Interesting case

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.
Mankubus
Unleveled User
in-game nick: Mankubus , A4TECh

Interesting case

Post by Mankubus »

Hello! I have a question for the admin, please tell me why I stick to the player frozen next to me. When they shoot at me, they throw me back at the dead person standing next to me and I can’t move. As a result, they kill me, what is the reason for this? And how can this be resolved? Thanks, good luck everyone!
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Re: Interesting case

Post by PacMan »

Mankubus wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 23:42 Hello! I have a question for the admin, please tell me why I stick to the player frozen next to me. When they shoot at me, they throw me back at the dead person standing next to me and I can’t move. As a result, they kill me, what is the reason for this? And how can this be resolved? Thanks, good luck everyone!
That happens to me in walls lol
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

those are just known frozen bodies and other minor physic glitches due the game modifications. there's probably not really way to resolve them other than reverting back those modifications to plain vanilla Quake III Arena (which is not gonna happen) or simply to move/position oneself better to avoid getting stuck. hope that helps.
Mankubus
Unleveled User
in-game nick: Mankubus , A4TECh

Post by Mankubus »

Everything is clear. Then we will try not to get stuck :)) I just thought I was the only one with such a problem.
Silver Surfer
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Silver Surfer

Post by Silver Surfer »

I've had it loads of times you really got to shoot your way out of it if you can !
and also I have found that sometimes when you try and move someone with the shot gun they are so stuck and you cannot move them its like they are being held with Superglue !!
Life is to short
Be Good and Enjoy

:D :D
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: imprecise

Post by imprecise »

the best solution is to stand at a distance so as not to get stuck but close enough to unfreeze if it is a teammate, another option is to stand on top of the frozen player, and to unstick or move a frozen player the gauntlet often works very well...
"My ability to concentrate is so short that ... Oh a butterfly !"
uZu
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: uZu

Post by uZu »

It happened a couple of times when i pummeled an afk player, got glued without a chnce to move away :o