fpsclassico masters tournament 2022

fpsclassico masters 22 - Miroslav super champion
fau
User lv4
User lv4

Re: fpsclassico masters tournament 2022

Post by fau »

Wait, you wrote me in pm that miro picked hub3tourney1, ztn3tourney1 and q3dm6.
and here that he picked hub3tourney1, ztn3tourney1 and q3dm13.
Which is correct?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

true, error, I wrote it wrong on the PM, the right one is the one I wrote on the thread here, his third choice was q3dm13, sorry about that and of course let me know if you want to change/update something accordingly of course.
fau
User lv4
User lv4

Post by fau »

In this case I'd rather play hub3aeroq3 instead of phant. I thought it was going to be a tie-breaker.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

got it then the fight will go pukka3tourney2, hub3tourney1, ztn3tourney1, hektik_b3, hub3aeroq3, q3dm13 and pro-q3dm6. thanks for the update and sorry for the typo on the PM.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, PM sent now to you both that means that we're finally all set to decide who will be the ultimate champion of the year so fight hard, fight clean, have fun and good luck to both of you on this epic rematch of the classic fpsclassico masters showdown. for the rest I just finished reviewing/testing more throughoutly this morning the server/network so I believe that then everything should be set if anything it will be just review/dealt with tomorrow in-game then please do not ready/start until have verified the connectivity at least for a few minutes. finally I cut the compensation a few microsecond just into 11.6 msecs as from what I could have dig that's the best match, the in-game ping value should then move around 27-28-29 values although obviously not synchronized (ex. if one pull the cord or lags intentionally at key points the other won't, they are indeed still fully independent connections). as stated the compensation although artificial is indeed real connectivity lag (delay) and is flat, symmetrical (i.e. +5.8 msecs ingress/egress) and totally independent of the game server application (engine and mod), nothing else changed.

as a small fight preview I think it's gonna be very interesting to see how all this is finally going to play out, none of them really seems to have prepared for this fight so it will probably come down more to their base/core fundamentals and instincts. as for the fight scheme I think that it's very interesting that is a total rematch of the previous encounter (hub3tourney1, pukka3tourney2, hektik_b3, ztn3tourney1 and hub3aeroq3) only that on different order due the best of seven schedule (b-a-a-b-b-a-c) and with the additions of q3dm13 and pro-q3dm6 as tie-breaker this time to complete the tier. it's also interesting that for other than q3dm13 instead of pro-q3tourney4 this is as well another tie-breakers fight which shows that indeed the tie-breakers format functions and make sense, no bullshit. both guys seem to have prepared/trained to fight each other along the tournament and there's definitively some interesting picks there add to that the uncertainty of the latency compensated setup and I think that the door is open for some surprises or may be not, who knows. in any case to not spoil all the fun better save those thoughts for the actual fight commentary/review after we find out tomorrow in-game.
nickaero
User lv4
User lv4

Post by nickaero »

Just finished making a last minute poster for this match hope you enjoy
Attachments
poster.jpeg
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

hehe it did not happen sorry fourteen pages of arguments and top quality epic fights later the tittle of champion of the 2022 fpsclassico masters went for Miroslav on a almost flawless performance that come out of the tournament more fpsclassico undisputed champion than ever without have conceded a single map on the entire tournament. overall fau chances of victory on this fight were slim, he probably needed genius level map choices, play the fight of his live and probably even wait for a few miro slips here and there to have some chances to beat by any metrics the strongest opponent on the whole community. unfortunately (for him) none of that happened, his map choices were just correct (the expected ones) and the general feeling is that probably miro played better the key moments and overall managed better all the pressure and heat of the fight and the build up to it.

the night opened with fau's first home map, pukka3tourney2, that finally went for miro for the first time since they match on a very exciting fight. this probably has been the decisive moment of the night, as said, all of fau options moved from securing at least the opening game and then wait for a opportunity on the mid rounds. losing the opening game made wining at the end of the night very unlikely for him. it did not come to surprise to me after witnessing what miro did to zord on this map it became clear that miro was really preparing for this moment. this move the bout to the miro home maps, hub3tourney1 and ztn3tourney1, that as expected from him, he did not failed to take with overwhelming force at least on hub3tourney1. ztn3tourney1 was probably a bit more disputed where fau enjoyed although slim still some chances as well to show off why he is indeed no other than the reigning fpsclassico champion and he was the one to made it to the ultimate fight here again. with a adverse 3:0 score second fau home map, hektik_b3, was played that finally miro took to close the final on clean sheets in a slugfest that by that time it probably looked decided. overall once again a overwhelming Miroslav performance that I believe that arguably played his best Quake III Arena so far here, at least technically, and comes out more undisputed than ever in case somebody had some doubts about it and a terrific effort from fau that goes down as the tournament runner-up and the community champion with his usual devil-may-care attitude of never backing down and always fighting anybody, anywhere, anytime forged on countless wars, no bullshit. ggs and well played both.

ok and then this should be it with this fpsclassico masters 2022 tournament I hope you all had a good time and enjoyed it as much as I did organizing it, I believe that it finally turned pretty good. as said for the future beside a few adjustments here and there I don't think that I'm gonna make any radical changes from this, I think that by now it's a well proven and established format and it has worked good. I'll keep though the ping balance ruleset for future finals and major events as it could have been seen it wasn't such a huge deal as some people put it and it really deliver for a overall more fair play. for the rest inside fpsclassico videos of the grand final being produced now that will go completing along the night so I'll start the fight thread after this. all the rest should have already done. ultimately the YouTube videos will be uploaded tomorrow so stay tune.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok guys and here is the highly anticipated winners congratulations banner from our dear friend P0rsche to close the tournament. for the rest everything complete since this morning and as a bonus I reviewed the stats site and added a few new "hitman" stats/awards just for fun. as usual just as reminder for those interested remember that as well as the independent fight threads on this forum there's as well a YouTube playlist here featuring the whole thing from start to end in competition order for you to just sit back and enjoy.

see you on the next edition and hopefully on a new UnFreeZe community superstar fight between fpsclassico masters and UnFreeZe all-stars soon so those interested please stay around to not miss all the fun.
Attachments
Fpsclassico masters tournament  2022 M.jpg
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Post by fernandinho1337 »

that attachment :D