Team mate rockets

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.

how do you prefer the team knockback on the pubs?

Poll ended at Wed May 18, 2022 10:34

disabled, your shots do not push your teammates
43%
enabled, your shots do push your teammates
57%

Total votes: 28

cBs KRA7OS
User lv4
User lv4

Re: Team mate rockets

Post by cBs KRA7OS »

however, I am in favor of unblocking because a lot of players are standing in the aisles and blocking each other, so neither jump over them nor push them away. I know that there are a few players that deliberately repel and the like or repel when defrosting. but it is the players who have to keep order
cBs KRA7OS
User lv4
User lv4

Post by cBs KRA7OS »

a good ninja can dodge between raindrops :)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

yes as I said probably in the coming days/weeks I'll just switch it back but to be honest with you from the input I received it probably won't take long before it just gets disabled again as it's what makes the most sense here. I mean, from your own input (which is pretty much in line with that of the rest) you're just requesting to enable team knockback again to intentionally push your teammates. that's not the way it's supposed to be and that's only gonna led you to a path of escalation as that same people your pushing that can not know better trigger you next in retaliation intentionally pushing you the same way you're all acknowledging that you intentionally push them (for which obviously I won't ban them anymore since as I see it now you, the top players, were probably the ones starting the intentional pushing most of the time. yes, sure, your intentional pushing made sense while theirs didn't, well as you can understand nobody can review every single moment of every server as to really judge that nor you can't really punish a people for just can't know better and at the end of the day intentional pushing regardless of the purpose is nevertheless intentional pushing so it's not gonna happen).
cBs KRA7OS
User lv4
User lv4

Post by cBs KRA7OS »

Kra7oS wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 21:04 nie celowo odepchnąćnot deliberately pushing away, because I never push back on purpose, but e.g. they are standing in the 6th in the passage and I step back instead of making a little passage, they stumble over each other. the passages are still jammed and when reversing, I will shoot the legs as I can see that the whole team is standing in the passage
not deliberately pushing away, because I never push back on purpose, but e.g. they are standing in the 6th in the passage and I step back instead of making a little passage, they stumble over each other. the passages are still jammed and when reversing, I will shoot the legs as I can see that the whole team is standing in the passage
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: imprecise

Post by imprecise »

Kra7oS wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 21:09
Kra7oS wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 21:04 nie celowo odepchnąćnot deliberately pushing away, because I never push back on purpose, but e.g. they are standing in the 6th in the passage and I step back instead of making a little passage, they stumble over each other. the passages are still jammed and when reversing, I will shoot the legs as I can see that the whole team is standing in the passage
not deliberately pushing away, because I never push back on purpose, but e.g. they are standing in the 6th in the passage and I step back instead of making a little passage, they stumble over each other. the passages are still jammed and when reversing, I will shoot the legs as I can see that the whole team is standing in the passage
:eh: :? :think: :wtf: :crazy: :P :lol: :lol: :lol:
"My ability to concentrate is so short that ... Oh a butterfly !"
cBs KRA7OS
User lv4
User lv4

Post by cBs KRA7OS »

Kra7oS wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 21:39 A może jest opcja żeby odblokować na próbę dla unfreeze 2 a dla unfreeze 1 bez zmian.?
Or maybe there is an option to test unlock for unfreeze 2 and unchanged for unfreeze 1??
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

@Kra7oS hey as I said I get you but from the point of view of the random just standing there all he is gonna see/understand is you intentionally shooting him to move him away so he will likely think/understand that's cool/allowed/the way to go and likely will led him to imitate/follow that behavior but just with much poorer judgment/assessment of the situation and that's where the escalation takes place and things get out of hand. I know it sucks but that's how things really are so the people around here really need to make a commitment on whether they prefer to play like this or if not then allow all the usual/widespread team pushing and fighting and then stick to it.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

well as I see that probably around the majority of the same people that requested the changes later opposed them I enabled now again team knockback. let me know if that's some better now then, we'll see. I'm still of the opinion that although the correct behavior is obviously have it enabled giving the circumstance of wide spread abuse/recklessness disabled seems like the lesser of two evils and I even believe that by now most had even adapted to it. anyways please remember that as said you can change your vote on the poll here as long as it remains open in case you have second thoughts.
YORELito
User lv3
User lv3
in-game nick: cacahuete

Post by YORELito »

it took me less than minute to notice the knockbacks were back. After this period without them... now they feel even worse :lol:
...jutuli...
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: ...jutuli...

Post by ...jutuli... »

It was much better without knockback... Mess is back, most of the time am pissed bcs am being smashed from side to side by teammates... Yea, much worse feeling from returning the k-back. And ability to throw teammates out of the way, which was major argument of supporters of k-back, certainly does not improve the overall feelings.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

I know that was probably expected and I agree I saw solid reasons to disable it (widespread well established abuse/recklessness) however I haven't really seen any real reason to re-enable it if not probably the contrary (i.e. I just want knockback back to be able to intentionally move teammates when I consider the situation calls for it [items/corridors etc]). don't worry that as the outcry becomes unbearable again and the reports start to hit hard again I'll obviously just disable it again on the pubs and that should be it.
...jutuli...
User lv4
User lv4

Post by ...jutuli... »

Thanks for info. Hope for disabling it soon. I was focused on LG last weeks and months and i liked it, improved accuracy and without knockback it was usable. Now i can go back to rockets, like 99% of others, bcs I can use LG only when am alone with enemy. I think i will take a break from unfreeze, at least a few days. Then i will try it sometime and see if i can come back to the servers.
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: cTh

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

...jutuli... wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 21:11 Thanks for info. Hope for disabling it soon. I was focused on LG last weeks and months and i liked it, improved accuracy and without knockback it was usable. Now i can go back to rockets, like 99% of others, bcs I can use LG only when am alone with enemy. I think i will take a break from unfreeze, at least a few days. Then i will try it sometime and see if i can come back to the servers.
about a year ago I studied the LG game for almost two months with a maximum of 20 frags playing only LG and I was not disturbed by the server settings. I did not take into account the score, I only took into account accuracy. maybe you should do the same, not paying attention to server settings, score or teamwork that rarely comes out in a public game anyway. after a year and a half, I am able to do 50% accuracy with ease, of course by playing on the freezetag. You definitely need a lot of determination and peace of mind for this, and as you know, it looks different. take on challenges like playing only PG or RG. it helped me a lot.
Camaradas Iks De
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

I am 50/50

I think overall skilled players know mostly how to deal with this issue while it's enabled

Took me about a min or two to adjust , to avoid team

Big plus was when a player won't move and I am stuck I was able to rocket them out the way , and that's only time it's needed

Shame there's no in-between method
Last edited by PacMan on Fri Apr 08, 2022 21:52, edited 1 time in total.
...jutuli...
User lv4
User lv4

Post by ...jutuli... »

Yea, but still it should be a team game. And where is the team game when I constantly run away from the team to not be shooted, distracted and annoyed ... Plaiyng here for about 5 years, dont remember exactly, and only when I saw how it goes without knockback, only now I am really fed up with it... Ok, theme is closed for me now, taking break, we will see how it goes.