Team mate rockets

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.

how do you prefer the team knockback on the pubs?

Poll ended at Wed May 18, 2022 10:34

disabled, your shots do not push your teammates
43%
enabled, your shots do push your teammates
57%

Total votes: 28

PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Re: Team mate rockets

Post by PacMan »

Why is there no more team rocket damage?????
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

me wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 0:09 Just came from full server with dm7 to tell about the most pleasant experience i had.
All team in red armour area spaming rockets at my back into the midle corridor (usual nonsense, now even...), where i was in the corner doorway and with that all hell fire in my back i managed peacefully to thaw 2 teammates and even frag 2 enemies ahead. This was completly impossible before, pissed me off big time, where in that situation i was blown away from my route to oblivion because yes, i often tend to go the the front enemy line as tactic and as consequence i get the team bad gameplay aka weapons silly spam. Not to mention the constant, yet, rocket team spam when players reach doorways and corners, that now doesnt have effect.
Besides i saw noone again complaining about disabled knockback. Not a simgle mention about it. Your game seems more objective, without deviating issues from others, where you can now focus more on the enemy without worrying about the mess that teammates around you can do. As for the blockade, didnt had anything special interacting with other players. And even when i have, thats nothing hard to solve, i just jump over or go around. Better this that the whole mess it was having it enabled. I compare this to team damage, must be off. Pub servers arent prepared to deal with it.
OFC i would rather have the most PRO experience from this game, with all good apropriated features granted in diverse map rotation and yes, with knockback enabled, but you have to adapt to this current servers conditions. IMHO its easier and better this way.
With a full server, where was chaos all around, want better benefits?
Your a good player , still score well , so don't think it's issue for you even tho you say so

Your skill let's play game , so don't see point of complete removal of rocket push
me
User lv3
User lv3

Post by me »

imprecise wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 0:09 I also find that at times, it depends on the type of players present, there is even more spam than before because players no longer have to worry about whether they are hindering one or more teammates...
I don't think theres more spam than before. Theres spam still, as much or less there use to be. Difference is that before would be more "fun" for team players to hell-back-spam the front line of the enemy where you or others were by random chance, default spawn, accident or simply as i do, atack.
Ex: doors at the end of the corridor in quad area in q3dm14.
... Curious thing, i even find the server more fine tuned without the knowckback, perhaps because now he does not have to deal with more information...
Last edited by me on Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:03, edited 2 times in total.
me
User lv3
User lv3

Post by me »

PacMan wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 0:59 Your a good player , still score well , so don't think it's issue for you even tho you say so

Your skill let's play game , so don't see point of complete removal of rocket push
Yeah, thats right, i acknowledge that. For me it will be completly indiferent the aftermath of this. Thing is, im not seeing the result for myself. I'm giving experienced input to help for the whole best scenario, for the current and future server comunity that there is to come.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

me wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:17
PacMan wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 0:59 Your a good player , still score well , so don't think it's issue for you even tho you say so

Yeah, thats right, i acknowledge that. For me it will be completly indiferent the aftermath of this. Thing is, im not seeing the result for myself. I'm giving experienced input to help for the whole best scenario, for the current and future server comunity that there is to come.
Pimp..... :crazy:
me
User lv3
User lv3

Post by me »

PacMan wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:07 Pimp..... :crazy:
And your my bitch. 8-)
redrum
User lv4
User lv4

Post by redrum »

Some serious long literary novels here :D

If you want reduce spam, reduce AMMO. If you want reduce spam, reduce AMMO. If you want reduce spam, reduce AMMO. If you want reduce spam, reduce AMMO. If you want reduce spam, reduce AMMO. If you want reduce spam, reduce AMMO.

If you want reduce spam, reduce AMMO.If you want reduce spam, reduce AMMO.

If you want reduce spam, reduce AMMO.If you want reduce spam, reduce AMMO.If you want reduce spam, reduce AMMO.

If you want reduce spam, reduce AMMO.If you want reduce spam, reduce AMMO.If you want reduce spam, reduce AMMO.If you want reduce spam, reduce AMMO.If you want reduce spam, reduce AMMO.If you want reduce spam, reduce AMMO.If you want reduce spam, reduce AMMO.If you want reduce spam, reduce AMMO.If you want reduce spam, reduce AMMO.If you want reduce spam, reduce AMMO.If you want reduce spam, reduce AMMO.

If you want reduce spam, reduce AMMO.
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: imprecise

Post by imprecise »

:lol: hahaha I rolled on the floor laughing, Redrum your post made me laugh a lot, your argument, your explanations, your synthesis, really well done, you're the best... :clap: :lol:
"My ability to concentrate is so short that ... Oh a butterfly !"
uZu
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: uZu

Post by uZu »

@redrum, how many ammos did u get for this post? ;)

i didn't participate yet to the poll becuse i'm not really sure what to think about it...

Primarily, i'm not fond at changing the gameplay or the way Q3 has to be played. The problem is that we're on a mod which, by nature, implies modifications. The FreezeTag code already allows some gameplay modifications which are accepted: no self damage or no fall damage is on and, for what i've seen, no one asked for these settings to be returned to their vanilla state. Thus my hesitations regarding this 'no team knockback damages' change.

To sum up, I'd like to think that most player would like to improve so I guess having knockback on (vanilla state) could help. It's the same as friendlyfire, if you're used to play with it, you know you can't blindly spam, which lead me to "no". But in the same time, because it's just a casual play from time to time, I do think that most player won't try to improve and keep on spamming, wether this is on or off, so for the sake of not being annoyed by this dumb spam, it's a clear "yes".

I realize i'm not helpful at all but this is my pov ATM ^^
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

I have one issue getting team mates out of the way in narrow situations, has become impossible....
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5

Post by imprecise »

I agree with you Pacman, in certain situations the blocking caused by teammates who do not move is a problem, especially in doors, corridors and corners...

I also noticed over time and many games played that the spam had increased and that the amount of damage had increased also due to the sum of the spams which are no longer blocked by the knockback between teammates... and therefore finally this team knockback was good because it protected a bit from abusive spam...

I must admit that even if it is undeniably appreciable not to be pushed, jostled, embarrassed very often by the spam of his teammates, I come to think that the situation before with the activated team knocback was better for the game ...

Could it be that for each shot on a teammate, one or more ammunition is removed from the stock of the offending player...
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

well I think that if the changes are giving you (most of you) such a hard time I guess that probably by the next week or so I can simply change them back. no big deal, although probably it won't really fix anything as I bet that as the changes revert the constant reporting/whining of widespread team shooting will come back that will probably led to get it disabled once again so we'll see. btw for those that voted around know that the poll allows for changing your vote in case you change your mind during the poll deadline (a month so far).

about the rest in tune with previous answers I believe the best shot for this is just this, either have team knockback disabled or not. all the rest seems just like overcomplicated/confusing rulesets, turn this into something that is not (i.e. something else) or just straight ruin it. I mean, classic Quake III Arena Unlagged All-Weapons Freeeze Tag is just like this and truth to be told as you can see on the community events the reality is that this very same settings are played competitively to some degree of excellence. thing is that as brought earlier on the topic you can't expect game excellence from mostly random players, casuals or simply people that just straight up bought the Quake III Arena game at a online shop sale the day before out of nostalgia. it doesn't work like that and with that it doesn't really care much what you do about it.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

adminless wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 21:26 well I think that if the changes are giving you (most of you) such a hard time I guess that probably by the next week or so I can simply change them back. no big deal, although probably it won't really fix anything as I bet that as the changes revert the constant reporting/whining of widespread team shooting will come back that will probably led to get it disabled once again so we'll see. btw for those that voted around know that the poll allows for changing your vote in case you change your mind during the poll deadline (a month so far).

about the rest in tune with previous answers I believe the best shot for this is just this, either have team knockback disabled or not. all the rest seems just like overcomplicated/confusing rulesets, turn this into something that is not (i.e. something else) or just straight ruin it. I mean, classic Quake III Arena Unlagged All-Weapons Freeeze Tag is just like this and truth to be told as you can see on the community events the reality is that this very same settings are played competitively to some degree of excellence. thing is that as brought earlier on the topic you can't expect game excellence from mostly random players, casuals or simply people that just straight up bought the Quake III Arena game at a online shop sale the day before out of nostalgia. it doesn't work like that and with that it doesn't really care much what you do about it.
I wonder if you have a new release this year , maybe give it some time , and some other idea appears and change it back then or make adjustment

A long open vote would be good and everyone just goes with result
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5

Post by imprecise »

adminless wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 21:26 ...I bet that as the changes revert the constant reporting/whining of widespread team shooting will come back...

...thing is that as brought earlier on the topic you can't expect game excellence from mostly random players, casuals or simply people that just straight up bought the Quake III Arena game at a online shop sale the day before out of nostalgia. it doesn't work like that and with that it doesn't really care much what you do about it...
For sure with the team knockback activated again, it will be the return of the chaos of discontent and groans during pushes and spam... :cry:

Please Adminless give us a whip :twisted: so we can train/educate random players, casual players or just people who just bought the Quake III Arena game from an online sale the day before out of nostalgia.
Those who don't really care what you do...

thank you in advance :angel:
cBs KRA7OS
User lv4
User lv4

Unfreeze

Post by cBs KRA7OS »

Can you unlock it back so that you can move someone from the team? because a lot of players block the passages and often there is no way to escape and so it was possible to move them