Match stats on ranked.fpsclasico.eu

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.
fau
User lv4
User lv4

Match stats on ranked.fpsclasico.eu

Post by fau »

Hi adminless,

Is there any possibility to enable match stats (don't care much for ranking, but individual match stats) on ranked server for practice games outside of tournament? I know it's a bit late for this, but there was a lot of practice games and stats would be very useful to work on individual performance and tactics of team members. Many clan/team players still play there quite often.

I know it may somehow interfere with tournament stats, but it would be great if you could find a way. Someone suggested having separate page when server is in "1234" mode, but I don't know if it's possible. Merging them all together would be fine too. To me personally ranking is not important there - after all these tournament and practice games are true team games and all that matters is team result, as opposed to public where it's a bit more like ffa and ppl play for their own score.

By the way, out of my own curiosity, what kind of algorithm is used for ranking? Does it only take into account team win/loss, or also other stats like individual score?
kf
Unleveled User

Re: Match stats on ranked.fpsclasico.eu

Post by kf »

yeah that would be nice
in my oppinion to see the ingame stats would be enough.
so if it's possible to show them after match would be great :)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

yes I guess that can be done (having another separate stats site for those ones) thing is that at the time of writing for other than the official ranked matches and spin-off events I don't really keep track of the logs of that server as generally it doesn't make much sense to record a (generally at least until now) empty server so it will take some time to happen (understand that's not my biggest priority but I'll note it anyways). in-game stats on the other hand are mostly a total waste of time (redundant) considering you just have virtually any stats/metrics you can think of on the servers sites so I don't see it happening.

the ranking formula is probably buried somewhere on the sites code but it's probably not that relevant. mostly is a individual ranking so what influences the ranking the most is obviously who you killed and who you got killed by and how although it obviously still factors somehow thawing/team performance as well and it rewards some other game events. overall I think I adjusted it over the years various times just for this specific use/data and I think it turned at least meaningful. I mean, it's far from perfect and there's always going to be people over/under-rated but overall the ranking typically makes some sense.
fau
User lv4
User lv4

Post by fau »

Ok great. If you check ranked logs I think you may be surprised, I would say there is activity every other evening or even more often? I expect it to go down later this year and pick back up before next event(s).
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

fau wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 14:43 Ok great. If you check ranked logs I think you may be surprised, I would say there is activity every other evening or even more often? I expect it to go down later this year and pick back up before next event(s).
Does admin know it's used for pickup matches almost every day when in the mood lol , as it makes sense then why....
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

https://ranked.fpsclassico.com

I think as a quick solution you can check there, it's not the complete history as I deleted old logs since they didn't really serve any purpose (I mean, I guess I'm not gonna pursue people there as on the pubs) and it's not integrated/sanitized/automated like any of the other sites but at least it contains what has been played this year so far which I believe that is what you wanted. by now I'll just update those manually from time to time so let me know if so I'll just automate them as the rest.
fau
User lv4
User lv4

Post by fau »

Nice, thanks for this. It's been 828 games on ranked this year already :)
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: cTh

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

fau wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 18:14 Nice, thanks for this. It's been 828 games on ranked this year already :)
nice. I recommend checking individual matches not "all statistics". all games, training, sparring and duels are included there. but single games can be checked and that's great
Camaradas Iks De
fau
User lv4
User lv4

Post by fau »

Hi,

There is a bit more activity on ranked (not as much as back in March yet - mostly practice games) so I'm resurrecting the thread :)
Not a deal breaker, but it would be nice to look at individual matches and see who is strong on what map to choose players, what maps we tend to win in preparation for league matches. I understand it's a bit harder to have separate stats for a single server...
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yes, I know people looked this up (as well as the previous tournaments archive as I finally put together on the sub-forum sub-category here), the thing is that even during this time I've been keeping up to date from time to time (after notable activity) the ranked.fpsclassico.com link posted before so you can check all this year matches there (either competitive or not).
fau
User lv4
User lv4

Post by fau »

Ah great, Didn't know you've kept it up to date. Thanks!
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yes specially during on-going events like now I use to update it after people request training sessions or I spot significant activity while reviewing the servers beside obviously right away after any match even before the uploading competitive rank.
kf
Unleveled User

Post by kf »

this is really cool, we are statsaddict :D
Prepare for fake .WTF!
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

kf wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 16:41 this is really cool, we are statsaddict :D
You are duel addict :crazy:
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

just reporting here that finally I properly added this to the main pages as can be seen on the attached screen so now there's a "Public Stats" tab link on the well know ranked stats that will take you to the well known (here) "public" stats page. additionally now this public stats for the ranked server should be year round and automatically update every Monday then I believe that this now should finally complete this.
Attachments
Screenshot from 2023-01-01 12-43-56.png