UnFreeZe 2022 community competition superstar promo fight

UnFreeZe tourney 22 (Winter) History - oKo Clan Champions
uZu
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: uZu

Re: UnFreeZe 2022 community competition superstar promo fight

Post by uZu »

Thanx for the invite, I'd like to participate in this event but I'm not sure wether I'll be avail at this time...
I'll do my best to let you know if I can't show up
Silver Surfer
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Silver Surfer

Post by Silver Surfer »

adminless if it goes ahead please pm so i don't miss it like last time

Thanks
SS
Life is to short
Be Good and Enjoy

:D :D
fau
User lv4
User lv4

Post by fau »

Hi, you can count me in. I was planning to take a break but got stuck at home because of quarantine so may play as well anyway.
Regarding the maps I have some suggestions:

1. 7++ is not really very popular among players. It looks like a good map but I think we haven't figured out how to play it yet. I think we could have a better game on some other map.
2. dm11 is love/hate map, a lot of people - including me - hate it with a passion. Since it's a fun event maybe better replace it with a map that everyone likes?

For replacements I'd only suggest to get some smaller maps into the mix too.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

@uzu good then I'll just note you in (so far) and as with magi if you finally can't make it just let me know in time (i.e. before the Sunday). additionally think that if the turn out is high there could be other players that finally could have higher preference. unfortunately there's only room for up to sixteen people.

@surfer unfortunately this time I think that you do not applies here sorry. last two times you signed up for a event here later on you forgot about it and didn't show up besides you neither participated on the tournament (or the exhibition fight) nor really meet the skill criteria for a ALL-Star game which are the requirements (to some extend, kind of) for this event this time.

@fau aunch sorry about that, I hope you doing good then. ok then I'll count you in for this Sunday. as for the maps, yes, I know despite being a great map 7++ is not really popular around here. I was actually adding it this time precisely because of that to finally give it some play too but sure if people is not really on the mood for it is probably better to just skip instead of just play it for the sake of it. about the same could be said about dm11, I think that's good (particularely considering that it's gonna be hopefully 7vs7) and that's a lot more popular than 7++ but well if people is more in favor of something else that's good too. so I don't know, we can think about it and hear for more people is so far I believe that if the 6++, q3dm14, 7++, q3dm11, overkill offer doesn't look much interesting a alternative could be 6++, japandm, overkill, phantq3dm3_rev, q3dm14 for example for some solid competitive/fun mix of adequate size.

ok, then so far I have noted six people, pacman, cthulhu, magi, uzu, fau and cliff, there's still room for like ten more people who else wants to participate?
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: cTh

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

I personally think q3dm11 is good for up to 10 people ( maybe 12). I would not mind replacing it with, for example, japanDM or even storm3tourney1. I know that the second map is not as big as the first but it has been officially added to the tournament maps pool. maybe it's a good opportunity to get to know her more. I think it's okay. no matter what we play, I'm waiting.
Camaradas Iks De
Silver Surfer
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Silver Surfer

Post by Silver Surfer »

@surfer unfortunately this time I think that you do not applies here sorry. last two times you signed up for a event here later on you forgot about it and didn't show up besides you neither participated on the tournament (or the exhibition fight) nor really meet the skill criteria for a ALL-Star game which are the requirements (to some extend, kind of) for this event this time.
That's fine Adminless
lets see how you play when your 76 m8 if you live that long !!!! your have been very sarcastic towards me lately I don't know what I have done when
I lost the post topic on me computer {through no fault of my own }you were sarcastic towards me then saying {I think your question answers it itself, just click on the new topic/post reply buttons as usual. I mean, you're not a new member, you already have done such stuff here. if it had worked previously I don't see why you should have trouble now. I'm not aware of any forum issues at the moment.} when the problem was I did NOT have a new topic button at the time and still don't .

Anyways rant over

SS
Life is to short
Be Good and Enjoy

:D :D
oKo*Magister
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: oKo*Magister

Post by oKo*Magister »

@adminless This map pool is better but I think that we can maybe replace phantq3dm3_rev with for example something new like maybe pro-dcmap7 or one of the new maps in map pool for next edition of the tourney.
It's all in the spirit of Aimbot. *Mankubus voice*
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

@surfer I think I already answered you that, I'm not being sarcastic or mean towards you, I'm just being honest with you. as far as "I'm [...] aware [there's no] any forum issues at the moment" besides you were even invited to similar events in the past anyways to later just straight up forget about them and not even show up so I can't help you any further.

@magi well if pro-dcmap7 was removed from the pool because it wasn't competitive/good/interesting enough for UnFreeZe I don't really see it doing it now for a ALL-Star game. of the rest that were added, yes req3dm5 could have been a great choice for this and I even considered it but unfortunately at the time of writing I don't think it's known or has been played enough as to load it on a main event just like this so I don't feel like basically loading a random map here. as for storm3tourney1 that's good too and that's why it got added but mostly for up to 5vs5, anything beyond that (which hopefully it will be the case here) and probably the map is not so good. then basically as you can see considering that that leads to the suggested 6++, japandm, overkill, phanq3dm3_rev and q3dm14 which I believe it should be the most interesting if people isn't up for dm11 or 7++. other than that I believe other options could be ospdm1 or ospdm6 for example but I still feel like the current suggestion is more interesting.

ok, anyways, we'll see and if the fight finally happens, as of now we're still missing like ten people, anybody else wanna join us?
oKo*Magister
User lv4
User lv4

Post by oKo*Magister »

Actually pro-dcmap7 is a very nice and competitive map. I think that we should give it a try and return it back to the pool too. Still better than duel dm13 tiny map or dm4 that's not in any way competitive. We played it few times on pickups and it was pleasant to play this map. In my opinion pro-dcmap7 should be back in pool and dm4 should be removed. It's a very small map and with this teleport it makes it not competitive. I remember how oKo played this map vs ILM on training and it was awful. Probably nobody enjoyed that. It was more like unfreeze gameplay than competitive game.
fau
User lv4
User lv4

Post by fau »

adminless wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 0:05yes, I know despite being a great map 7++ is not really popular around here. I was actually adding it this time precisely because of that to finally give it some play too but sure if people is not really on the mood for it is probably better to just skip instead of just play it for the sake of it.
That's a good point actually, made me more willing to play 7++. These were just my thoughts, everyone has his own preferences. I think it will be great either way (but please no dm11 :D).

Overall I think I'd give dcmap7 a chance in the future yet. It's a large map with good flow and many entries to each room. For example my team voted on what new map we wanted to learn this season and it was phant. But it could be dcmap7 next season - I'd certainly vote for it myself. There was just so many new/unknown maps that nobody had time to pick it up yet. Usually we need a solid strategy and some training on a new map before we decide to use it in a match so it takes time.

The problem with dm11 is that it usable part of the map has a shape of a car tire (with the exception of mini corridor in the yellow room and one-way teleports, both very dangerous to take). In each room/corridor there are only two entries you can expect enemy to come from, so you end up stuck behind your teammates, doing nothing a lot of time. Compare it to more open maps like overkill (5 entries to tower area), dm13 (6 entries to middle area), dm6 (generally open).
Less entrances to large room with pickups, the more campy and slower the map gets. dm7 (3 entries to ra room, very campy), dm14 (2 doors and 2 jummppads to quad/plasma).
dm11 is definitely the worst in this regard.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

@magi the thing with the pool is that there's more teams to the events here than just the champion/s so that's why dm4 and similar entry level maps are there for (entry level teams/players) you know what I'm saying. sure if we would go by the top teams/stuff it would probably only be pro-q3dm6, q3dm7, overkill, hub3tourney1, pro-q3tourney2 and may be just as much 6++ but there's more to this than just that. I highly doubt it would be on the best interest of any beginner team here to pick any of those top maps for any event here. in the other hand dm4 and similar maps are much better suited and will probably result in much better experience/outcome and therefor engagement for such teams. basically the same goes for dcmap7, it doesn't really bring anything that isn't already there and it doesn't top any of the other ones either. as fau is noting, it could probably be (re)considered on the future but so far I believe that the pool is long and good enough already as it's.

@fau sounds good, then from what I hear I think that probably a 6++, 7++, overkill, q3dm14 and phantq3dm3_rev fight could be a better compromise if it's that it finally happens. as said we're by Wednesday already and I just have six people noted for this so we're still missing like ten people. I think the deadline to sign up should be by this week so before the weekend (Saturday) we should have the teams done or it just won't happen. we'll see, I'll keep you updated.
Semisek48
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Semisek48 »

Hello, I will be happy to also take a part.
oKo*Magister
User lv4
User lv4

Post by oKo*Magister »

I received a message from player PeachBitch that she would like to give it a try too if possible. :)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

@semi great thanks for joining in.

@magi never heard of her, well, better tell her that if she wants something to create a account here herself and sign up herself I guess.

ok, so we're 7 (pacman, cthulhu, magi, uzu, fau, cliff, semi) so far, who else? remember that the deadline to sign up finish this Friday night, if by the Saturday morning we're not at least 12 (ideally 16 btw) then this won't happen (I'll move on to a fpsclassico inside masters tournament next probably and then there won't be another community superfight attempt likely in months). btw despite the final line-up will depend on the turnout and the priorities the event is open to pretty much anybody to at least sign up anyways so those around that can be interested don't hesitate to give it a try.
ribx
User lv2
User lv2

Post by ribx »

I am in! (sorry, saw the email only now).