Team mate rockets

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.

how do you prefer the team knockback on the pubs?

Poll ended at Wed May 18, 2022 10:34

disabled, your shots do not push your teammates
43%
enabled, your shots do push your teammates
57%

Total votes: 28

imprecise
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: imprecise

Re: Team mate rockets

Post by imprecise »

@CTHULHU I believe this change does not affect Ranked and Masters servers, Adminless will definitely confirm it I think

Regarding snipers what I wanted to say is that previously players who play from afar (some of them, not all...) did not shoot in the back of their teammates who were in close combat to avoid pushing them, now this is no longer the case players in close combat can be supported by players who shoot from afar whether it is with rockets or rails or other, which will make it perhaps more difficult to access certain places, certain strategic positions...
"My ability to concentrate is so short that ... Oh a butterfly !"
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: cTh

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

In my opinion, we should take every aspect of the game as well as the situations and opportunities it presents. I believe that some people have a similar opinion to mine, but I would like to point out that this is only my opinion. anyway returning to the topic, at the beginning I was skeptical about this idea, but now, after the initial analysis, I find that it is actually not a bad idea and it has some application in the game. first of all, it makes the game easier, and this is what you meant to make it easier. does not matter. the fact is, I like this change at the moment. tomorrow I will definitely come back to this topic from the full server report.
Camaradas Iks De
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

as far as I know (i.e. unless I missed something/made a mistake) all team knockback is currently disabled on the public UnFreeZe servers (i.e. UnFreeZe1/2, glacius1/2) for all weapons and regardless of it's a direct hit or not although obviously you can not advanced through incoming rockets for example. all the rest (i.e. enemies, frozen bodies) remains the same so far. in my opinion if you disable the team knockback probably leave it on just for the lightning and the plasma doesn't make much sense (I mean, yes, that's not a problem but doesn't really serve any purpose either). in the other hand disabling the rail is virtually as critical as the rockets as it's for example what berkut abused all day long to get anybody that landed a few shots on some wtf people into the pits (ex. random jumps on dm11 for the mega, rail to the face, pit, screenshot, mocking video etc etc). yes so far overall I believe that probably for public games (particularly overcrowded and with random people/noobs) it does work out good for private/competitive games I don't see it happening so far (i.e. no, it's not disabled on the ranked server or on any of the other ones).
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

and very good when it comes to the event server. this is very good news for all those who already know the game inside out and have experience in team play. I have to say once again that at the moment it is one of the better steps towards balance of power on the public server and a big step towards game culture. in my opinion it will definitely be a step towards stopping the constant swearing at everything and everyone and the constant verbal chat in chat. all the time I stick to the opinion that it was a reasonable decision, the fruits of which we will be able to harvest only after some time.

EDIT. first of all, maybe all the feuds between us, the players, will end due to the practically no random situations unfavorable to the team. so it should be. I know what I'm saying because it irritated me terribly and more than once I had personal conflicts with individual players who did not pay attention to their friends from the team and played simply rude. just to get a point.
Camaradas Iks De
FilthyPirate
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: FilthyPirate

Post by FilthyPirate »

Great job, In 2 games so far, I have not been shot into the enemy.
nickaero
User lv4
User lv4

Post by nickaero »

Just checked on server, this is definitely and improvement, ghosting through team mates would have been bad tho I admit that. Rail knockback I don't really care about, but rockets and nades we super annoying
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5

Post by imprecise »

I confirm what I said before, it's really much more pleasant to play without the knockback team on the pub servers and apparently it generates less annoyance and rattle about pushing and shoving, which is ultimately a good something for everyone's enjoyment...

Thanks again Adminless for this change :thumbup:
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

Has anyone checked if the opponents receive damage from hitting the wall? because so far I do not play a lot and yesterday I had the impression that there was no such damage, which is obviously wrong. I thought so. let me know if anyone noticed because it's hard to tell when everyone is constantly on the move.
Camaradas Iks De
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

as far as I can tell (from both the code and the logs) there's should be no such issue.
oKo*Magister
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: oKo*Magister

Post by oKo*Magister »

It's a pleasure when nobody can push you, but I honestly hate this change. A big NO from me. I somehow agree with Miroslav that this was a part of the game. It was possible to avoid teammate push and roam other side of map. Now imagine how RA campers will act like. Or imagine blocking in little hallways of Q3DM14 or Q3DM7 or even service passage on Q3DM11. This is so much lame to me, to be honest.
I hope that you all will change your mind and it will be changed back. :|
But I believe it depends on majority vote, so I invite more people to discuss about it.

Big NO from me.

Best regards.
Magister
It's all in the spirit of Aimbot. *Mankubus voice*
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

I know that's what I was talking about as well although overall after evaluation I have the feeling that this is probably the right choice for the pubs (giving the circumstances) and the lesser of the two evils. yes now you can camp ra 24/7 but just so much until the enemy team (not your teammates) make the rockets rain on you as it should always has been so you will dispute it with the enemy not with your teammates (same goes for blocking so much until you get a gauntlet to the face from a incoming force besides many times you don't even really know if they were actually there for a reason). in any case, one thing is clear is that it makes the game more lame/easy (i.e. less competitive) as now there's really no much penalization from random mindless spamming which is why obviously I won't implement at the ranked server. however the reality is that the pubs never really looked forward being the pinnacle of competitiveness (once again for that you have the private server and the events) but rather just to be enjoyable/playable and mostly to appeal to your everyday player/games and in that sense I believe that it's a fact that the problem with team/random shooting was getting totally out of hand. so anyways as with everything it can probably be evaluated on the future (i.e. in a month/s not any time soon) then I opened a one month poll now just to see. overall as I see it so far I believe that the reception has been mostly positive and probably people will just adapt their strategies accordingly to the new settings for the good in the long run.
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5

Post by imprecise »

@Magister Hi

I understand your point of view as well as that of Miroslav and I am not far from agreeing with you, indeed it is part of the game, and many of us deviate from player packs to avoid these problems of chaos and confusing...

the concern comes mainly from spammers, pushers, players who don't take the time to aim, who shoot before they even see an enemy, those who don't care about bothering one of their teammates whether it's with shots in the back, or during close combat, or during rocket jumps, etc...

And since unfortunately we cannot force them to do better, to apply themselves to being a better player, to think of a team rather than an individual, to be more respectful of the game of their teammates, and that this often led to discontent and sometimes insults due to blocks, pushes, and spams, so I think this change, this removal of the knockback team is finally a good decision on public servers.

And yes I agree that somewhat changes the way of playing and of considering the game, but what solution do we have in the face of this inconvenience ?
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

direct hits on your teammate should knock back normally. on the other hand, splash arrows, or rockets and grenades, should not be able to repel their companions while accidentally shooting next to them. hits directly on the target, no matter from which team it should cause the target's movement, this is my opinion. and I also have a curiosity for everyone who reads. We asked a few people who do not visit the forum but play on the server very often and are responsible for creating this topic. (in the sense it was because of them that someone started writing about it. That's how we asked spammers too.) According to them, nothing has changed on the server. they didn't notice anything. I will also write again. just an accidental push off due to a missile shot, a grenade next to a teammate shouldn't make us push us away. the rest should be changed back to its original state, that is, you shoot straight at someone and make your body move.

EDIT.

voting will take a month, so I ask everyone who knows what it is about not voting as they like without reading about the changes made on the server. you can do it directly by playing on the public server or by reading posts in the topic. PLAY FIRST THEN VOTE
Camaradas Iks De
oKo*Magister
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: oKo*Magister

Post by oKo*Magister »

@imprecise trust me, that's possible to avoid these bs spammers. It can be proven for example with people that have high kill streak. A lot of them just roam other side of map which is a good option when 2 teams are spamming rockets for example on the Old Stone Gallery on Q3DM11.
The change made this server a noob-field in my opinion. And yes, spam can be annoying, but it's not impossible to avoid it. There is always a way.
It's all in the spirit of Aimbot. *Mankubus voice*
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

Much of the team pushing is the fault of the player themselves , when your firing in one direction, you decide to go in it's path and expect the player to stop what he's doing doing

Basically I am saying those that get pushed allot also need to look what they are walking into as this is part of the pushing

Noobz lol