Other Reports Discussion forum.
Silver Surfer
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Silver Surfer

the situation with Russia

Post by Silver Surfer »

Hi all

good game tonight as usual good teams nice players !! but I would like to point out a remark that was made by Ribx to a player

Putin shouldn't change you nic ? I agree he should with the situation in Europe god it is 2022 and WAR !!!! unbelievable

to all you players on here and your families I am behind you anything i can do to help let me know

Be Good

SS
Life is to short
Be Good and Enjoy

:D :D
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: the situation with Russia

Post by adminless »

agree I'll actually ban the "putin"/"vladimir p"(anything) names from the servers now (will take effect tomorrow). I mean, I understand that while it's important (probably now more than ever) to respect the Russian people as well and their history/culture/traditions/values so this doesn't end in (probably even more) Russia suppression/alienation/targeting at the same time naming oneself "putin" at this point doesn't bring anything positive to the community and probably it just serve to deepen the wound of the disturbing events that are currently shaking the region.
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: imprecise

Post by imprecise »

well done and thank you Adminless for banning the "putin"/"vladimir p"(anything) names from the servers now... i agree with you, naming oneself "putin" at this point doesn't bring anything positive to the community... and of course let's not confuse the leaders and their populations who may not support their decisions...
"My ability to concentrate is so short that ... Oh a butterfly !"
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: cTh

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

There is a player called "Putin" for a long time. What about him?

https://unfreeze.fpsclasico.de/playerst ... erID=Putin
Camaradas Iks De
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

I know, he will just have to change his name. I'm banning the nicks from being used (just like the wtf tag for example as well as other 70+ nicks) not the players themselves. I'm not banning anyone because of this.
Silver Surfer
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Silver Surfer

Post by Silver Surfer »

oKo*CTHULHU wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:40 There is a player called "Putin" for a long time. What about him?

https://unfreeze.fpsclasico.de/playerst ... erID=Putin
what about him ? I personally don't resect the name Putin BUT in the situation as it is I don't think it is appropriate the situation as it is OK its a bit incentive at times like this !!!!
Life is to short
Be Good and Enjoy

:D :D
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

Wow

Totally disagree but hey it's upto you, Putin has been playing with that name a long time

So I assume each time a country invades another country each name will get banned , doubt it very much.....

There's a player using name Tony Blair , and in UK it's well known that most are against him for invasions and lying and so on, but we're not banning that name either I suppose....

Not that I am with Russia , and I am not with most of EU or UK who are all capitalist country's hiding under the guise of democracy cos they allow some kind of unbalanced voting

Anyhow need auto balance from Q3 in the world it seems.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

can be added as well if that's that important to you, not big deal. although, in all honesty, it looks very detached from reality that we need to have now a argument about irrelevant stuff like banning a (fake) nick from a game when there's fellow people from this community missing and others that have probably lost everything on these events as we speak.
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: cTh

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

As for me, we should not raise this issue at all if there are any strange incidents, report them on a regular basis and ban them, although it is some way to avoid unnecessary spam reports. The "Putin" player is that if he will not be able to enter the server without prior notification of the situation (or if he does not think), he doubts that he will return to the server "after" all this. One person only used this nickname for a long time, so maybe some name reservation for this player? Besides, I don't think there will be such a nasty incident with "wrong nickname" because we are visited by the same people all the time. If someone wants to raise a topic, he will do it in the chat. P.S Pacman ++ I hate democracy.
Camaradas Iks De
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: imprecise

Post by imprecise »

@Pacman

personally I think that all names or nicknames that are provocative or political or insulting have no place in Quake 3 because it's a game and we are here above all to have fun and not to provoke or insult us with some any way...

there are dedicated forums for those who want to talk about politics or provoke controversy, or discuss the misfortunes of this world...

As for Putin the player, a while ago, he was asked to change his nickname in the game chat, we can imagine that if he chose this one it may be in support of Vladimir Putin, what we are talking about at the moment may pose a problem...

And to be fair, the nickname Donald Trump used by a player on the UnFreeZe servers should also be banned, and the same goes for all nicknames of the same kind...

there are so many possibilities of nicknames, more fun, more sympathetic, more intelligent, to define oneself...

best regards
"My ability to concentrate is so short that ... Oh a butterfly !"
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

imprecise wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 13:05 @Pacman

personally I think that all names or nicknames that are provocative or political or insulting have no place in Quake 3 because it's a game and we are here above all to have fun and not to provoke or insult us with some any way...

there are dedicated forums for those who want to talk about politics or provoke controversy, or discuss the misfortunes of this world...

As for Putin the player, a while ago, he was asked to change his nickname in the game chat, we can imagine that if he chose this one it may be in support of Vladimir Putin, what we are talking about at the moment may pose a problem...

And to be fair, the nickname Donald Trump used by a player on the UnFreeZe servers should also be banned, and the same goes for all nicknames of the same kind...

there are so many possibilities of nicknames, more fun, more sympathetic, more intelligent, to define oneself...

best regards
Impeelia that's why we need YOU :thumbup:
FilthyPirate
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: FilthyPirate

Post by FilthyPirate »

"And to be fair, the nickname Donald Trump used by a player on the UnFreeZe servers should also be banned, and the same goes for all nicknames of the same kind..."

Oh cmon..
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

FilthyPirate wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 17:31 "And to be fair, the nickname Donald Trump used by a player on the UnFreeZe servers should also be banned, and the same goes for all nicknames of the same kind..."

Oh cmon..
I feel sorry for player Putin , I mean that's his name , I mean if name said Putin hates Ukraine I understand
FilthyPirate
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: FilthyPirate

Post by FilthyPirate »

Yeah, the Putin player I seen him for years, sad he gets banned. Will he know if he changes his name he can join the server?
It should say bad name or something.. And what if thats really Putin? You sanction his Q3 the nukes are dropping. 8-)
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

FilthyPirate wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 19:13 Yeah, the Putin player I seen him for years, sad he gets banned. Will he know if he changes his name he can join the server?
It should say bad name or something.. And what if thats really Putin? You sanction his Q3 the nukes are dropping. 8-)
I told him why , but he said but that's his actual name and said it's not fair , it isn't fair you know , however it is how it is , if I become president one day , pacman name might get banned to :D