UnFreeZe 2022 community competition, interest?

UnFreeZe tourney 22 (Winter) History - oKo Clan Champions
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: UnFreeZe 2022 community competition, interest?

Post by adminless »

"A good question is also who the hell is going to use it?" Sbornaya Rossii of course, you name it they have done it. nastia in particular is well known for consistently do that. matter of fact I can't obviously tell but I've even got the feeling that they just moved from 6++ to overkill during the previous season just for that sole reason (cheaply exploiting fresh spawns). anyways as I wrote that's probably not as bad as the lava/slime thing on q3dm7/11 (that was probably ruining those maps) at least at the moment. given the case it would be evaluated as with everything. as usual we'll see how the situation develops.

btw just to be safe along with the lava/slime/water elimination change void deaths does in fact eliminate you now from the round as well instead of just freezing you for about a minute so those that opt for that now do actually risk to seriously mess it up if they don't time it right and/or if the round ultimately doesn't go as planned. throwing frozen bodies into the void shouldn't have changed just as with lava/slime bodies (i.e. they should thaw in about a minute). additionally I also turned off all the rest of the damages (i.e. dm11 barrels, dm4 pillars etc), I believe we all agree those are more just a aesthetic part of the game than a functional one (as opposed to the lava/slime zones that do really serve a purpose).
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ASS communicates now that they need a 10-15 mins delay to start the fight since some of their members are late from work so the fight will start 21:10 CET (UTC+01) instead.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok the second fight of the group b has been played with a over the top performance from the Sbornaya that beat ASS clan 1:3 on a hardcore nose bleeding clash of titanic proportions. this time the Sbornaya did deliver and played one of the best fights so far on almost all aspects either in-game as well as off-game in the strategy, no bullshit, serious stuff. just as expected the odin appearance on a already arguably overpowered team did really made a difference and elevated the team particularly compared to other teams subject to fair-play and balance arbitration so in case they confirm the projection it becomes evident that besides a potential undisputed fight against another similar team not subject to such arbitration just like them (i.e. team UnFreeZe) they won't be allowed on this form again just like this (i.e. they will have to split forces with the Soobshchestvo for example or anything else just like anybody else around here). in any case, not taking anything away from them on this night stellar fight where they played one of the best games around so far, both as a team as well as individually, mvp caliber showing even on the strategy where they even beat the projections with the dm14 choice over dm7 and with a near perfect overkill game where they pretty much looked unbeatable. on the other hand a big shout out to ASS that although unfortunately with this outcome they say goodbye as well to the tournament, nevertheless they go down having scored 1.5 points (1 in record, 1 off record) on both fights against champion caliber opponents for a stellar debut on the competition too. major props on that, they definitively took good note of my comments and really stepped up the game so looking forward having you back on future editions as well. additionally on a positive note I believe all the recent ranked related changes really paid out and definitively elevated the level of the games. overall I think they worked pretty good and kind of passed the "Sbornaya" test so as I said, although nothing is ever perfect this should at least be good enough and definitively it feels like a improvement over the previous edition.

ok, and I believe that should be it with this second week of the tournament, as a tease I also post the fifth off-record game and tomorrow the vids as usual on separate thread. good then I think that it's just about time to start talking about the decisive third week that will decide the semis match ups that can make completely turn everything around now that the final phase teams are known. so currently I have noted the group b fight between Sbornaya and oKo for the Wednesday 16 of February of 2022 21:00 CET [UTC+01] and the ILM vs community clash that community communicated previous that have trouble meeting week 3 yet to establish. as we're currently right on the schedule I believe that it would feel a bit unnecessary to play just that weekend then I believe that it's probably better to stick to the calendar and start with the fights on week 3 and meet them if possible. if not possible there's the possibility to use week 4 for that purpose but if possible I believe it would be better and more interesting to the teams to get this done on week 3 and then use week 4 to prepare/plan the final phase instead getting there on a rush. then as usual when possible get back with your availability to get at least some initial draft/scheme during the next days. needless to say it's not like I need you to confirm a fight a week early, I'm not so dumb but if for example you know that you can not do a day and/or that is more preferable (i.e. the likelihood of) a date then just say it and do not waste everyone time. it's not big deal typically until 48/72 hours there's chances to move them later on if necessary.

additionally as this seems to be working good so far I was as well thinking about setting a undercard event (i.e. some kind of chocolate final) outside of the tournament on week four between both teams that are out (soobschestvo/ass) and/or even frozen shots that were offered a back up spot on week four as to keep the competition going since it looks like initially that week is not gonna be busy. so any interested on that? (btw needless to say the teams that made it to the final phase are out of that)
Attachments
demo0004.dm_68
(6.11 MiB) Downloaded 11 times
ixxaaa
User lv2
User lv2

Post by ixxaaa »

Hi. Thanks for the congratulations. And we're a little confused. That in your opinion to match the balance, we have to lose the game oko?)) And if we win, it's not balance?)
P.s.:I apologize for my English. :)
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

ixxaaa wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:51 Hi. Thanks for the congratulations. And we're a little confused. That in your opinion to match the balance, we have to lose the game oko?)) And if we win, it's not balance?)
P.s.:I apologize for my English. :)
Server rules dictate balanced teams

However admin I am confused aswell?'does this not mean community team is also unbalanced aswell as oko and ilm , all of them have the best players from server mostly
ixxaaa
User lv2
User lv2

Post by ixxaaa »

The fact is that some players on our team started to play much less often (including Odin). The skills of some have dropped. Poo played yesterday without sound on his girlfriend's laptop and practically on default. 3 players according to our ranking elo dropped. Mine and Odin's elo dropped 200 points. Wh doesn't play nearly as much as Poo. And as far as we understood, yesterday against us played not particularly strong relative to the rest of the participants in this tournament!?
p.s. We are also for the balance of the tournament. All have a good day.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

@ixxaaa(1) just to make it clear, to put you a real example something like this (or similar of course, you can probably swap a few "pairs" there if you want, it doesn't have to be exactly that but I'm way sure you get the point) would have look a lot more like balance and interesting to the competition overall to me:
  • Пт янв 21, 2022 21:32
    • Команда Россия один: ixsy , odin , live , mill , poo , def
    • Команда Россия два: nastia , ixxaaa , loverex , deva , dii , biv
that's the way we setup teams and the way we do things around here so as I said if you (i.e. your team) look forward staying around and do something else than just fighting team UnFreeZe then you will be bound to the same arbitration and way of doing things as the rest of the teams around. anyways, let's not anticipate things, that would be if it happens to be another edition not this time. this time it turned like this and that's ok (it's what it's, ultimately somebody has to top this and you already got yellow carded, fair enough) so as I said now just go for it and first let's see if you confirm the projection of mvp team and really end up wining this and given the case if you (ixsy, nastia, odin, ixxaaa, dii, labr, poo and probably you can drop there korie as well if you want too) come out two times undisputed afterwards on May on a team UnFreeZe mega fight. I'm not gonna re-arbitrate this.

anyways, speaking of oKo how you/your team see the suggested Wednesday 16 of February of 2022 21:00 CET [UTC+01] date so far?

@pacman well we'll see how it plays out but overall I believe all those teams you named could perfectly at least compete with each other.

@ixxaaa(2) I know you actually under performed big according to my expectations, at least in-game. off-game, the dm14 choice out of nowhere was genius and key to your team victory, props on that. so once again just as I wrote do not stress about it and just go for it and let's see how things play out. I was commenting in the event of future editions for you to know so ggs and again congrats on the great victory.
fau
User lv4
User lv4

Post by fau »

Hi adminless,
Because some of our players can't play on 15th, we've suggested to play vs ILM on Tuesday 22nd of February, 21:15 CET. ILM agreed. Is it ok, do you accept this date too?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

sure noted now and updated on the calendar, thank you for the update. btw if the Tuesday 15 21:00 CET becomes available may be ASS and Soobschestvo are interested on going in a fight for the fifth place at such date. I believe that given the case the winner could go on a undercard fight against frozen shots the week after in case they are available so let me know both if you're interested/available.
/| { } V E R E }{
User lv2
User lv2
in-game nick: olc

Post by /| { } V E R E }{ »

adminless wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:03 sure noted now and updated on the calendar, thank you for the update. btw if the Tuesday 15 21:00 CET becomes available may be ASS and Soobschestvo are interested on going in a fight for the fifth place at such date. I believe that given the case the winner could go on a undercard fight against frozen shots the week after in case they are available so let me know both if you're interested/available.
Can i ask you for a match for fifth place will be at Sunday 13 and please 20:00 CET? 21 Very uncomfortable fot our players. My team will be ready in this time 100% and we actually interested in this fun battle). If it is not able to do, i think my team will be not avaliable in other dates to participate and ASS get 5 place of tournament. Thx.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

sure Sunday 13 20:00 CET sounds good to me so added now to the tournament scheme as extra Week 4/undercard events. let's see if ass is interested/can do it as well so I'm ok with that. btw ass gets home status there as they rate higher than you at the moment.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

btw if we want to make the fifth place fight between ASS and Soobshchestvo this Sunday the fight (as well as the maps) should be confirmed within today or tomorrow at most. I believe that given the circumstances that there was zero incidents/delays so far and that the calendar allows for it it would feel like kind of a disappointment to leave the fifth place unresolved specially considering that at least one of the participants has expressed they look forward it so waiting to hear from ass whether they can meet such date. additionally keep in mind that beside the fifth place the winner gets at least a chance to fight guest team frozen shots at a special undercard event the week after as well so overall it feels like a great opportunity for the guys that finished the tournament early to stay on the game and at least build some record/experience.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ass reported now that they are still on internal talks to see if they can make this Sunday 20:00 CET although initial contacts seems to point that such date might not work for them so they will make a final update by today or tomorrow. in such case it would be good to know what other date would be possible to make this (fifth place) fight happen if any of course. I mean, I believe the Sunday was even on advance of the calendar so in my opinion there's still room to make it happen and the winner of it meet the undercard fight against frozen shots afterwards.
oKo*Magister
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: oKo*Magister

Post by oKo*Magister »

I talked with Ixxaaa and Ixsy and we agreed that we can play at Wednesday 16th 20:00 CET.
It's all in the spirit of Aimbot. *Mankubus voice*
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

sounds good thank you about that updated now the calendar then. ok, as usual just remember to announce as well both your maps picks a few days (one at least) prior the fight date.