cmd drop

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: imprecise

cmd drop

Post by imprecise »

Hi Adminless

is it possible to use the "drop" command to for example offer yellow or red armor to a teammate if I have enough armor to do so?

if yes, could you tell me the right syntax to use this "drop" command, thank you in advance

best regards
"My ability to concentrate is so short that ... Oh a butterfly !"
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: cmd drop

Post by adminless »

no, none of that is intended for UnFreeZe. that stuff is only implemented at the ctf server where is mostly just intended to pass the flag to a teammate or eventually buff the flag carrier and/or similar/related camping/defensive strategies (which none of them apply to UnFreeZe for obvious reasons). the syntax for that is just \drop followed by some of the the items on the following list:

Code: Select all

Armor Shard
Armor
Heavy Armor
5 Health
25 Health
50 Health
Mega Health
Shotgun
Machinegun
Grenade Launcher
Rocket Launcher
Lightning Gun
Railgun
Plasma Gun
BFG10K
Shells
Bullets
Grenades
Cells
Lightning
Rockets
Slugs
Bfg Ammo
Personal Teleporter
Medkit
Quad Damage
Battle Suit
Speed
Invisibility
Regeneration
Flight
Red Flag
Blue Flag
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5

Post by imprecise »

@Adminless

ok I understand that it is not allowed on UnFreeZe servers

thank you for your answer and for the syntax
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: cTh

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

I've never seen anything like it. It doesn't make sense to me. That's why you communicate with the team. First come first served.
Camaradas Iks De
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5

Post by imprecise »

@CTHULHU

I have already used the armor, ammo and health drop on another server in team deathmatch unfreeze mode, but it was not really a public server, rather a group of competitive players and respectful of team play and rules...

That said I can understand your point of view here on the unfreeze servers, but at the same time I try to be a team player and when I already have enough armor and it appears near me I try to keep it until a teammate comes to take it, that's why I asked myself the question of the drop, but it could unbalance the game to the advantage of the best players...

cheers teammate
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

I understand your point of view. It even happens to me to leave someone's armor / hp. Usually there is a first come first served principle. Not everyone deserves either. For clarity, it is better for the collector to be able to use the item. That's why some people just collect items from the ground without looking at other players who simply waste them. The matter of reserving time for the item and efficient and quick picking up is something else, but usually leads to the same. The item is picked up by someone who is knowledgeable in the game and does not waste an opportunity. Of course, it can be different on a public server, but that's what map control is for. On the other hand, I am annoyed when, for example, red armor lies on the ground for more than 2-3 seconds and half of the team suddenly throws itself at it. Most often then I collect the item without paying attention to anyone. Also, collect whatever you can from the ground. Do not disturb others, and if you want to give way to someone, only better players. This is how the game is played.
Camaradas Iks De
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5

Post by imprecise »

@CTHULHU

ok boss (sarcastically friendly), i will still keep thinking about the team regardless, while collecting what i need and what can harm the opposing team, this is my way of playing even if i die often by looking for sharing and unfreezing teammates who are not always worth it and do not necessarily return the favor to me afterwards...

kindly to you ;)
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

oKo*CTHULHU wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 17:41 I've never seen anything like it. It doesn't make sense to me. That's why you communicate with the team. First come first served.
Yo is da boss , drop flag not armour
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

PacMan wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 13:16
oKo*CTHULHU wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 17:41 I've never seen anything like it. It doesn't make sense to me. That's why you communicate with the team. First come first served.
Have you completed hibernation? What day is it? :D
Camaradas Iks De
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

oKo*CTHULHU wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 13:26
PacMan wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 13:16