Team mate rockets

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.

how do you prefer the team knockback on the pubs?

Poll ended at Wed May 18, 2022 10:34

disabled, your shots do not push your teammates
43%
enabled, your shots do push your teammates
57%

Total votes: 28

nickaero
User lv4
User lv4

Team mate rockets

Post by nickaero »

I suggest making it so rockets and grenades don't ever interact with players from your team, this would solve complaints of obnoxious team mates who want to push you around with rockets and would make the servers a little bit less chaotic, like team mates rocket jumping near you and pushing you into crossfire and general chaos when teams spam choke points.

I know adminless doesn't like making changes with how successful these servers have been but this is a change where I don't really see any negatives from, it would just make the game less frustrating
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: Team mate rockets

Post by adminless »

I feel like that's part of the game and probably changing that would just feel really awkward and lame overall.
i_cezar
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Blaze

Post by i_cezar »

Hi!
Interesting idea. I feel it would be a plus to the gaming experience since many players play a defensive style and overspam the entrances to an area. They end up pushing their team mates into enemy fire or disrupting them. It happened to me and others. I've seen some people being vocal about it during the game.
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: cTh

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

It would be nice if the newcomers didn't have such an influence on the game after all. I don't mean inexperience, but friendlyfire. There are people who shoot 80% of their shots in their team. This is overwhelmingly irritating. This is probably the only thing I'll never get used to. Remember that a corpse is transferable. This is actually cool. #TeamDontPushMe
Camaradas Iks De
Lunya
Unleveled User

Post by Lunya »

I thought about this few weeks ago, and I really wonder if it wouldn't be better to disable ff.

Die because mates push you with rockets into enemy controlled zone is irritating, as much as being totally stopped by a prevently shot without your mate wondering if someone's there (hello Dock :lol:) — which can happen a lot depending on with who you're playing.

A temporary test could prove that it's necessary.
Semisek48
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Semisek48 »

hmmm, It is somehow hard for me to even imagine how that would work. I mean except defrag i dont think there is any Quake gamemode that allows you to shoot through other players. Interesting idea, but i personally think that this is just a part of the unfreeze gamestyle to which it is possible to adapt and I would not change it.

Ps: If this random rocket/granade pushing by new players is making someone really sick already, then may be try the pick-ups for ranked server :3 :D It is little bit better there.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

may be at some point (probably better after the 2022 community competition) I could give that a try but rather than ghosts and passing rockets that would be a complete mess (ex. blind hits) I believe the best shot to give that a try would simply be to disable team knockback (i.e. that the rockets hits but produce no movement on team mates). in any case those kind of physics modification never really feel "right" to be honest.
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

adminless wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 19:06 may be at some point (probably better after the 2022 community competition) I could give that a try but rather than ghosts and passing rockets that would be a complete mess (ex. blind hits) I believe the best shot to give that a try would simply be to disable team knockback (i.e. that the rockets hits but produce no movement on team mates). in any case those kind of physics modification never really feel "right" to be honest.
Will it then be possible to move frozen party members? And will rockets / grenades / shotgun work the same as before?
Camaradas Iks De
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: imprecise

Post by imprecise »

:idea: suggestion: give 1 negative point to the player's score for each direct shot (and only direct shots) on a teammate whatever the weapon...
"My ability to concentrate is so short that ... Oh a butterfly !"
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: imprecise

Post by imprecise »

or else for each direct shot on a teammate the responsible player is decorated with a special award or inflatable balloons that follow him... :twisted:
"My ability to concentrate is so short that ... Oh a butterfly !"
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

My aim is that if, in addition to operating on live players, it is supposed to interfere with the frozen players, I am against it. If it's only for the living, that's fine. You can try it someday, although I do not predict the success of this idea. It's probably a matter of habit. But you can check how it will affect the quality of the game.
Camaradas Iks De
oKo*Magister
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: oKo*Magister

Post by oKo*Magister »

I don't like this idea, it sounds horrible, but if some of you want that then I think that'd be nice to at least give it a try. If I'm going to be honest, I hope people won't like it.
It's all in the spirit of Aimbot. *Mankubus voice*
Lunya
Unleveled User

Post by Lunya »

Disable team knockback for living teammates sounds a great try to me!
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

as I said my feelings are that is no such a good thing but I can probably try that (disable team knockbacks not anything else) after the ongoing community competition (i.e. in some months) anyways. at the moment I don't want to get dragged with other things and I prefer to keep it nice and clean so the people have a good experience of what is actually going to be played now.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Post by fernandinho1337 »

I think it is part of a public game and part of this mod. I think we should not streamline the game towards the better people because it helps them more than the newbies. It is also a skill to dodge your teammates rockets ;-)