UnFreeZe 2022 community competition, interest?

UnFreeZe tourney 22 (Winter) History - oKo Clan Champions
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

UnFreeZe 2022 community competition, interest?

Post by adminless »

well, as I see that the site is finally starting to get going and new clans are starting to form and the overall interest appears to be high to me, I'm thinking that probably it would be good to have some small community competition here thus I wonder who would be up for this. I mean, I believe that it would be kind of a disappointment to build all these events and clans things to later never do any community competition so basically I start this thread here to promote some sort of small clan/community tournament. as usual I think we could discuss here what's the real interest/availability for such a thing. the formats/rules and all that would obviously come later depending on who wants to participate but pretty much anything is possible, just from a clan war to a small tournament or a league. as usual most dates for this would probably fall at the central European weekdays prime times (i.e. around 21:00 CET [UTC+01])

in any case, one thing I want to make clear from the start, I'm not gonna put up with yet another hundred pages of appellations and arguments for months and pretty much de-facto manage the teams in order to make it happen. hey shall be the case, no problem, just have fun doing it yourselves, I'm not in for another circus so if it happens normally in good terms, great be it, if it doesn't, great be it too. honestly no problems at all.
aimer
User lv4
User lv4

Re: UnFreeZe 2022 community competition, interest?

Post by aimer »

Hello! Great idea, it'd be nice to revive the competitive scene again :-)

The former community team B (alt name, "plan B") from the unfreeze league would like to participate with its original members:
  • fau
  • aimer
  • Semisek
  • Lee
  • MyWifeHatesQ3
  • pks
We will be looking at someone else from the community to join the team to make sure we have 5 people available to play at all times (to be communicated later on).
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yes, I think so as I saw that this was getting busy I started this thread as a way to break the ice. awesome, let's see what other team/s finally show up. I believe I'd probably let this run for another week or so and if nothing happens then probably proceed with another superstar fight. I finally thought that I can probably give a try to that kind of fight on a monthly basis provided the site remains busy and there's no other events/tournaments going of course. thanks for joining in.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

aimer wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 18:52 Hello! Great idea, it'd be nice to revive the competitive scene again :-)

The former community team B (alt name, "plan B") from the unfreeze league would like to participate with its original members:
  • fau
  • aimer
  • Semisek
  • Lee
  • MyWifeHatesQ3
  • pks
We will be looking at someone else from the community to join the team to make sure we have 5 people available to play at all times (to be communicated later on).

Don't look original lol
Difficult to get everyone from EZ to play particular dates at moment , I know another topic but clan sizes bit small....

But I would.join any team if it's open thing as usual
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

unlucky as commented I believe the idea with this thread was to use the registrered teams and clans. to play "openly" I believe at the moment the fight setup is better which is with what I will proceed with after (let's say next week) if this doesn't work out.
orgi69
User lv3
User lv3

Post by orgi69 »

adminless wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 15:24 well, as I see that the site is finally starting to get going and new clans are starting to form and the overall interest appears to be high to me, I'm thinking that probably it would be good to have some small community competition here thus I wonder who would be up for this. I mean, I believe that it would be kind of a disappointment to build all these events and clans things to later never do any community competition so basically I start this thread here to promote some sort of small clan/community tournament. as usual I think we could discuss here what's the real interest/availability for such a thing. the formats/rules and all that would obviously come later depending on who wants to participate but pretty much anything is possible, just from a clan war to a small tournament or a league. as usual most dates for this would probably fall at the central European weekdays prime times (i.e. around 21:00 CET [UTC+01])

in any case, one thing I want to make clear from the start, I'm not gonna put up with yet another hundred pages of appellations and arguments for months and pretty much de-facto manage the teams in order to make it happen. hey shall be the case, no problem, just have fun doing it yourselves, I'm not in for another circus so if it happens normally in good terms, great be it, if it doesn't, great be it too. honestly no problems at all.

ILM is also interested :-)
The question is when this competition is going to take place? Right now we are missing Ironmonkey and Makaveli, but hopefully they will be back soon.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

sounds good then even if nobody else shows I believe you could at least have a rematch of that epic semi final that preceded the title fight of the previous season league. btw just like the rest of the teams and clans you're also entitled to make changes (i.e. recruit/remove players) to your team if necessary/wants from time to time (i.e. not at "random" like on a "fight basis") so think about that. as I wrote the idea with this thread was basically to break the ice and see where things headed from there shall be the case the intention was to start "soon" (i.e. within these weeks) although I also believe that probably we can give those weeks as time for the teams to prepare instead and then schedule this more for February/March and set another of those superstar fights in the mean time now with the full tier. anyways, as I said, no need to get riled up here so we'll see how it finally turns out.
uZu
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: uZu

Post by uZu »

I'm pretty sure that OfC would be please to be in it, if it's possible for us to be all avail ^^
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

awesome then I believe that we can probably give it a try to setup a superstar heat fight the next Sunday 30 of January of 2022 21:00 CET (UTC+01) (that I will on a separate thread in some days, it's too early for that) to warmup/promote the thing and as I know that there was big interest on the previous all-star fight and not everybody could made it and then set a cup to be played on February. I believe that's probably the best format to give this a try, a league considering all the trouble teams seems to be having to set fights I don't see it happening. a cup with whoever finally happens to sign up (i.e. so far I understand team community, ilm and ofc and I heard some rumors the clear previous season favorites, Сборная России, could also be interested) I think it would work a lot better so I would set a calendar and then it would become team's responsibility to either meet the date or come with another date of their own within a week term. any team that fails to meet that and/or clearly communicate within that time frame would be ko'ed and the cup will continue. ok, any other team then?
^Walnut*
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: -=ASS=-^WALNUT

Post by ^Walnut* »

ASS also wants to participate in this. Five members confirmed for the 30th of January and we'll maybe have a sixth as backup.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

no no the 30 of January is the suggested (not even yet announced) date for a warmup promotion superstars fight for the upcoming competition not the date of the competition itself. as I wrote, I believe that from what have read so far is probably better to give the teams that time to prepare and then start in February. good then I'll count you in along team community, ilm and ofc. well with you for teams we can do at least semi finals, if we meet six teams this time may be we can set the original two groups plus final phase that was the intention on the previous tournament. we'll see, as usual, all that I ask to any team that sign up is at least to stay communicative. I repeat I'll drop a calendar then it will be responsibility of the teams (both) to either meet it or come with another date of their own within a week term.
^Walnut*
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: -=ASS=-^WALNUT

Post by ^Walnut* »

Oh okay, i misunderstood that then :thumbup:
*-=Masin rulezzz=-*
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

np just to make it clearer I started now a sample competition draft to go developing as this unfolds you can see here. hope that makes it clearer. as usual feel free to drop and questions, suggestions and/or anything else you might have about it here. the dates/formats given there so far are just samples for reference of course.
oKo*Magister
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: oKo*Magister

Post by oKo*Magister »

Sorry for posting it that late, but oKo want to play too. I hope it doesn't bother!
It's all in the spirit of Aimbot. *Mankubus voice*
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

no problem is all good I believe the deadline to sign up should be somewhere around the next week so you're in time, in fact, I had already (accidentally) slipped your team on the current sample. ok, then I'll update the current sample draft to include you. given five teams (at the moment) then I understand the way to go would be to have a ocf vs ass qualifying round first to advance. if a sixth team shows then probably the group setup will be implemented.