[tool] Name Maker

Express Yourself here.
Lunya
Unleveled User

[tool] Name Maker

Post by Lunya »

Hey @adminless!

Few months ago I made a tool to make my ingame name.
I guess some players could be pleased, so I pumped it a little to give it to the Classico community.

The 'download' button generate and save an autoexec.cfg file to place in the baseq Q3A folder.

It's a static web page so if you're interested you may store it in a corner of you web server.
In case you are, just tell me how to send you the source!

adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: [tool] Name Maker

Post by adminless »

looks good if you want you can send me the code on the contact form here and I host it here at the forum.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

added now namemaker forum tab. let me know how you see that.
Attachments
Screenshot from 2022-01-12 17-23-57.png
Screenshot from 2022-01-12 17-22-28.png
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: imprecise

Post by imprecise »

@Lunya hi :wave:

:clap: Bravo for the creation of this tool which I think will delight players :)

and Thank you for sharing it with the fps.clasico community :thumbup:
"My ability to concentrate is so short that ... Oh a butterfly !"
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5

Post by imprecise »

I just tried the application, everything seems to work well for the creation of the nickname

on the other hand I have a problem Quake III Arena is not installed on my PC, I only installed the 64-bit Windows client: ioquake3.x86_64.exe proposed on the forum at this location: C:\fpsclasico-client-community-edition\baseq3 and therefore when I press download on the Name Maker application nothing happens because the baseq Q3A folder does not exist and therefore the autoexec.cfg file does not download ...

I do not know if I am the only one in this case, maybe you should consider the alternative that the autoexec.cfg file is downloaded in the default download folder of windows in the case where it does not find baseq Q3A folder ...

otherwise there remains the option of creating the folder in C:\Program Files\Quake3\Baseq3 but which can ask for administrator rights for the creation of the folder and its possible deletion afterwards ...
Lunya
Unleveled User

Post by Lunya »

imprecise wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 18:34I do not know if I am the only one in this case, maybe you should consider the alternative that the autoexec.cfg file is downloaded in the default download folder of windows if it does not find baseq Q3A folder ...
Indeed, the forum security policy forbid the autoexec.cfg file,
"Content Security Policy: The page settings prevented a resource from loading at data:text/plain;charset=utf-8,name%20%22… (« frame-src »).".
It depends on the forum itself, maybe Adminless have an idea?
I'll check if I can provide the autoexec.cfg file through another way.
Last edited by Lunya on Wed Jan 12, 2022 19:11, edited 1 time in total.
oKo*Magister
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: oKo*Magister

Post by oKo*Magister »

Wow, great job Lunya! This may help some people with black letters for sure hahah
It's all in the spirit of Aimbot. *Mankubus voice*
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

@lunya yes that error is related with the web server site security policy not with your code. try now and let me know if it still throws the error.
Lunya
Unleveled User

Post by Lunya »

adminless wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 20:26 @lunya yes that error is related with the web server site security policy not with your code. try now and let me know if it still throws the error.
It works perfectly for me, you rock!

Could @Imprecise confirm it works for him too?
Boones
User lv3
User lv3

Post by Boones »

The program that Lunya is referring to is called Name Maker Studio G2 and is as old as Q3A itself. Back in the days it had some popularity in the 1.16 community. My old "facething" nick that I was playing under for a while was made with it. Used it even on hiszy servers.
Attachments
2012-09-27_20-03-22_q3dm8_---!^'hisz^+y^]-i--rail-only-freeze-tag-(public,forward).jpg
2012-08-26_17-35-21_q3dm14_---!^'hisz^+y^]-i--rail-only-freeze-tag-(public,forward).jpg
nmsg2.png
WhoAmI
User lv4
User lv4

Post by WhoAmI »

@Lunya - is this your namemaker? Did you write it yourself?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

@both no, she wrote the code you see at the namemaker forum page herself I can tell. that's her tool which is obviously different to the well known standalone tool you're referring too.

PS: glad to see some good old fashioned HiszY servers screens and players still around :)
Lunya
Unleveled User

Post by Lunya »

Boones wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 21:37 The program that Lunya is referring to is called Name Maker Studio G2 and is as old as Q3A itself. Back in the days it had some popularity in the 1.16 community. My old "facething" nick that I was playing under for a while was made with it. Used it even on hiszy servers.
No, you're referring to a desktop software. I did my personal web app, not trusting the executables I found online. And I though it would be easier and quicker to create and to use a simple web page than a desktop software.
.WTF!Wrong! wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 21:48 @Lunya - is this your namemaker? Did you write it yourself?
Yep, I did the full code. JS, html and css.
Coding is my job ;)
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5

Post by imprecise »

@Lunya @Adminless - Issue resolved -

Downloading the autoexec.cfg file works perfectly, a dialog box opens to suggest "open with" or "download" the autoexec.cfg file, which is automatically downloaded in the default Windows download folder (for info I'm using the latest version of Firefox) then a new dialog box opens and says: Place this file in your "baseq" Quake 3 Arena installation folder

Thanks Adminless for the fix and again thanks Lunya for the nice work and sharing with fps.clasico
Attachments
Q3A-Namemaker-download.PNG
Q3A-Namemaker-download-tips.PNG
uZu
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: uZu

Post by uZu »

Really good job @Lunya! Thanx for the cool code and the conrtib.
You should put it on github (or any other main public place) for it's a really nice tool which I'm sure would be appreciated by lot of still-playing-q3 folks ;)