DM14 - pls change respawn spot

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.
MyWifeHatesQ3
User lv3
User lv3

DM14 - pls change respawn spot

Post by MyWifeHatesQ3 »

Map DM14. When the round comes to the end some players go to BFG room and wait until the new round starts. After players start to respawn in BFG room they push them into void. Since usually several players respawn in one spot one after another, he can push all of them to void. That looks funny at first. But during the last two months every second dm14 in rush hour is spoiled by this tactics.
If the respawn spot is moved a little bit closer to the wall, that will not be possible.
WhoAmI
User lv4
User lv4

Re: DM14 - pls change respawn spot

Post by WhoAmI »

It was not me! :D

Admin, please don't delete this spawn. I love pushing them to the wrong space :mrgreen: :)

+ this is a good tactic. You can see that on the dm14 in the video, I eliminated one player like this.

12:10
...jutuli...
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: ...jutuli...

Post by ...jutuli... »

I like railshoot respawners there from the corridor, but I hate when I respawn there and get pushed into the void by teammate, who respawned near me and immediately shoot rocket or make rcktjump... And, of course, sometimes there is a camping rat, who shoot all spawners into void. Yea, it is a bad place and when you find a bad place like this, who you gonna call?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

I know I believe that was also brought some years ago and I dismissed it as not so important (at the time) but sure you're right, that's not so good. probably for your everyday public games it could be ok (i.e. not such big deal/tolerable) but as I see that this is turning more and more competitive each season and as even dm14 is being played competitively more each time I guess I'll probably patch it this time. unfortunately as you can guess that's not something I can just fix on "message time" so the changes for that will take some time. anyways, make sure that this will stay here and I'll come at it at some point.

@ami haha yes I remember that and I was even going to comment about it myself. come on, no disrespect, but to be honest with you that's lame. that's clearly just a game flaw (i.e. my fault) not any short of "tactic" (i.e. skill). I remember back in the day of overcrowded dm17 games it was all about getting on the balconies and spawn raping everyone from there, total garbage.

@jutu I know that you can find yourself there at some point of the game and end in the same situation but the difference lies that at least then you had a chance to end up somewhere else and/or to influence the situation somehow. just spawn to end up eliminated on the void without even option to be thawed is clearly a total turn off. I mean, as I said for the pub is probably not such a big deal (though at that point is when you typically get all the rage/hate at the servers) but in the context of competitive games it clearly is.
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: cTh

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

In my opinion, you have no influence on it if someone camps by the canyon. The same is true for dm11. If you are unlucky, you fall down: D
Camaradas Iks De
i_cezar
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Blaze

Post by i_cezar »

when i saw this thread i thought: WTF whoami. ahahaha he pushes all the people he can get. Good tactic but can't be countered so the stuation is bad.
i_cezar
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Blaze

Post by i_cezar »

i laugh when he pushes me. But in event it would not be funny.
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: cTh

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

I do that too at this place : D I am then happy. When I'm falling down, I'm not happy .
Pakuuuu styleeee
Camaradas Iks De
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

I get pushed Everytime lol , all good eitherway
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

ok, just to be safe I simply removed now the spawn point on the video there at the ranked server. as I said I probably still have to review a bit more the maps (all of them, particularly the custom ones, and come with some better adjustments overall) but at least this now should fix that for the case being.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

adminless wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 19:52 ok, just to be safe I simply removed now the spawn point on the video there at the ranked server. as I said I probably still have to review a bit more the maps (all of them, particularly the custom ones, and come with some better adjustments overall) but at least this now should fix that for the case being.
Ami boohoo......lol
WhoAmI
User lv4
User lv4

Post by WhoAmI »

Ill find other way to push u.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

WhoAmI wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 23:14 Ill find other way to push u.

:wtf: