UnFreeZe ALL-Stars 2021 game

fpsclassico community based events and fights.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: UnFreeZe ALL-Stars 2021 game

Post by adminless »

ok, fair enough, you made it barely in time, just sent the fight reminder/summary now reflecting that change so let me know if somebody haven't received and/or if I have missed somebody. yes, I believe we can do ospdm6, I also had considered it in place of pro-dcmap7 but preferred the last because is probably lot more popular and known besides I also think is some better but it's ok, it's just a special fight for a reason at the end of the day, we can do ospdm6 and then we'll see how it does. I know, the problem with most custom maps are that are "stock" instead of modified for UnFreeZe as the standard ones meaning they are rather optimized for ffa. I would probably have to tune them a bit for this particular game but that obviously takes a lot of time and effort that with them being little to none played at all unfortunately it's not happening. hopefully on the future as they are getting played a bit more competitively at least the top ones, I'll go tuning them little by little. 7++ I discarded it as we're not gonna do q3dm7 and 7++ besides 7++ already struggles a bit for 8vs8 at least when played competitively. ok what I did finally in light of the discussion was to replace the order to secure a smoother fight and set ospdm6 as tie-breaker instead and moved 6++ to the main fight stage. as usual, we'll see, thanks for the feedback and see you all the Sunday then. have fun.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

adminless wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 22:03 ok, fair enough, you made it barely in time, just sent the fight reminder/summary now reflecting that change so let me know if somebody haven't received and/or if I have missed somebody. yes, I believe we can do ospdm6, I also had considered it in place of pro-dcmap7 but preferred the last because is probably lot more popular and known besides I also think is some better but it's ok, it's just a special fight for a reason at the end of the day, we can do ospdm6 and then we'll see how it does. I know, the problem with most custom maps are that are "stock" instead of modified for UnFreeZe as the standard ones meaning they are rather optimized for ffa. I would probably have to tune them a bit for this particular game but that obviously takes a lot of time and effort that with them being little to none played at all unfortunately it's not happening. hopefully on the future as they are getting played a bit more competitively at least the top ones, I'll go tuning them little by little. 7++ I discarded it as we're not gonna do q3dm7 and 7++ besides 7++ already struggles a bit for 8vs8 at least when played competitively. ok what I did finally in light of the discussion was to replace the order to secure a smoother fight and set ospdm6 as tie-breaker instead and moved 6++ to the main fight stage. as usual, we'll see, thanks for the feedback and see you all the Sunday then. have fun.
I maybe late , I forget most are CET lol , so happy if someone else starts before me and swap after
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, thanks for the update, I'll take it into account.
^ironmonkey
User lv4
User lv4

Post by ^ironmonkey »

hello adminless,
thank you for inviting me, but I am currently unable to attend.
gl and hf guys :-)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

no problem hopefully there will be a next time and the people that couldn't make it/didn't reach back participates then. this time we're probably all set already. thank you for your interest.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

btw klar reported yesterday that unfortunately due some commitments he is not gonna be able to attend today. no big deal, that was just part of the plan of course however this leaves the option to incorporate some last minute reinforcement if some (of comparable skill) of the guys that didn't reach back is interested/available in join us today for this special event, anyone?

for the rest the fight will just go as planned with the second provided line up, if pacman is late, silver should just take his place and then go rotating for some 7vs7.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, I recruited WhoAmI now that was invited to this prior all the wtf ban and that was in normal talks (no bullshit) with me about such situation so he will join this night in place of klar for this. therefor the new adjusted team balance calculation gave these teams:
  • team red: fau , ami , nick , magi , jutu , yub , venum , silver
  • team blue: blaze , aimer , mikes , semi , wife , cthu , agi , pacman
hopefully if nobody misses then that's what will be played. obviously in the event of some participant being late/out the reciprocal on the other team will have to spec until its pair join (ex. if pacman is late silver will spec until he shows).
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

good stuff, red team won by 3-1, very exciting games. it was a bit unfortunate that someone didn't show without notice and that conditioned a bit the teams/fight (sorry about that I tried my best live without causing much damage to the game looking forward give continuity to the teams) but I believe that for the rest it worked perfectly. thank you very much to everybody who participated. as usual videos for this coming tomorrow on a separate thread.
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: cTh

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

WP for all !
Camaradas Iks De
oKo*Magister
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: oKo*Magister

Post by oKo*Magister »

GG well played!
It's all in the spirit of Aimbot. *Mankubus voice*
yUb
User lv2
User lv2

Post by yUb »

Wp all players! thanks :clap:
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

Gg
uZu
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: uZu

Post by uZu »

GG everybody! Still have to watch some vids but prety good stuff so far ;)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

sure videos and stats up now, very very interesting games and data, top notch stuff. as I see it was fairly/realistically/reasonably balanced given the circumstances, at the end of the day some team had to win this but I believe that it did no fail to deliver. q3dm7 which went according to the calculated teams was actually a big upset (in-game on stats it was closer) for team blue with a team record performance for aimer on a rampant victory. on the correction for next games I dropped mikes on red and pacman on blue as it made no sense to give the "top" (of the two) player for the (already) wining team and the final score/feeling of the game suggested such move. the calculation actually confirmed such move and I believe that for the rest of the fight it worked reasonably good. the calculation also called for other two relatively similar players to swap which I did no implement until last game as to give continuity to the teams and not turn the fight into pretty much a "random" game (i.e. there would have really no outcome if I mix the teams). anyways, this exactly shows why I had asked everybody that couldn't show up to at least notify it before hand so the teams could have been adjusted in time. as can be seen at this level of skill just a minor difference can totally change the fight. in that context the main stage of the fight developed with stellar performance for team red that picked the next three games in a row to come on top of this with a score of 3-1.

I believe this overkill with the adjusted red armor was probably the best game of the night with both teams really going toe to toe on the score here till the end. I feel like with the adjustment this game finally made justice to this map with most of the action taking place at the main room and eventually spread at times, just as that map has always been intended to be played since its origins. overall a really brilliant and epic game for both teams. 6++ was definitively a fragfest and once again, likely the most balanced. I feel like any team could have won this and it ultimately came down to a duel between both team leaders that once again team red secured with a brilliant over-the-top performance by fau despite team blue pushing really hard with overall over-the-top performances on their ends too. q3dm14 settled things for team red that despite the overall balanced look of the stats the in-game feel was more favorable for team red here led just by a unstoppable WhoAmI that finally proved to be a force himself to deliver this victory for his team.

last but not least the fifth game was played (as it was supposed to be the case regardless of the score btw) this time with calculated teams and it just came to show how close things really are. as several had left, hub3tourney1 was loaded instead of the announced ospdm6 that was intended for around 7vs7 and it led to a beautiful toe to toe game were finally top contender blaze found his best chances to also deliver a point to his team in a superb performance to close the event.

ok and I believe that that should be it with this event thank you to everybody who participated and I hope you had a good time being part of this. for the rest, I believe that it ultimately worked pretty good and I believe that there was a good (even beyond expectation) level of interest so I'm not committing to anything with this but I believe that it may be possible to keep (something similar to) this going from time to time, always depending on the rest of the activities/people of course.
i_cezar
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Blaze

Post by i_cezar »

Congratulations to the winners team red, ggs! Great event, tough games, all stars indeed. Happy to be part of this, thanks to everyone involved.
We had some quality time within team blue, guys put up a strong game.
Special thanks to adminless for making this possible and coming up with the idea itself.