43%

Total votes: 7

adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: UnFreeZe Duel Tournament

Post by adminless »

ok, great then go for it when you want and I'll post/produce the gtv demos afterwards as usual. ok, np then I'll leave the default pass (i.e. I will not change it). if you change your mind and/or is needed later on just let me know and I'll set the one I sent you. as for the server, yes I can cycle that server but mike is playing right now I don't observe any issues and I don't think it would make any difference.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, ranked server cycled now that was empty and btw the pass (just in case you need it) you have it on your Private Messages.
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: cTh

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

We have a tournament winner. Mikes_UK, beating xo with a score of 3-1, won the first place. Congratulations on your victory, xo congratulations on reaching the final and thank you to all tournament participants and adminless for sharing your server. From the previously selected maps (ztn3tourney1 q3tourney3 rpg3dm2 hub3tourney1 pro-q3dm6) we were not able to see the last of them. The results of all four maps.
  • 1. ztn3tourney1 ( 10 - 5 ) Mikes_UK won
  • 2. q3tourney3 ( 10 - 4 ) xo won
  • 3. rpg3dm2 ( 10 - 7 ) Mikes_UK won
  • 4. hub3tourney1 ( 10 - 4 ) Mikes_UK won
During the first map, I was really impressed with the shots by Mikes_UK. I already knew then that it would be good to watch the last match, especially since xo was not going to give up easily and consistently scored more points but lost
ztn3tourney1. On the next map, the roles were reversed and it was xo who dictated the terms. Quite a specific map, it is not known whether to charge or activate the sniper mode. 1-1 and another quite even game on rpg3dm2 which ended with a victory for Mikes_UK. Not very comfortable access to the red armor did not allow anyone to gain an advantage with resources on the map. hub3tourney1, the last of the pool, showed us who felt like a fish in the water. Strong victory for Mikes_UK which allowed the tournament to end before pro-q3dm6. Congratulations to both competitors for reaching the final, fairly even competition and showing their good side.

Here you can view the overall tournament ranking and table.

https://challonge.com/pl/histk664

I want to thank you all again. Participants, people who spoke about the topic, people who waited to watch the game and the results, and Adminless for providing a server where we could play and train together. If it weren't for you, you wouldn't have been able to do something like that. You have shown that our server community is still strong and alive. I know that the organization was not exemplary, but I was involved in something like this for the first time as an organizer. The lack of communicative use of the English language was and still is my Achilles' heel. This is the main reason for the slight misunderstandings when talking to some people. If I were to improve the overall event, it would be primarily to hire an interpreter and set deadlines and strictly stick to the calendar. The time zones weren't a big challenge, but sometimes people just didn't have time to play, so sometimes we were slightly late or postponed the meeting. In retrospect, I know that we gave ourselves too much comfort, but it turned out at least very well, probably not only in my opinion. Congratulations to Mikes_UK for winning!

and now some interesting facts about the tournament

Half of the participants came from Poland, 7 of them did not win a single game and one of them reached the final ( xo )
The most frequently chosen map was pro-q3dm6.
The longest game was 32 minutes. Round 16 - ORGI69 vs xo - game 3 .
A total of 41 maps were played.
Mikes_UK was the only one who gave the frag by getting stuck in the water .
Venum was the only player to score only 1 frag .

a list of participants :

Mikes_UK - King of the tournament

Sub-Zero
Magister
kotiledonsky
DIMONNIUM(Дима)
VenUwU
Feisar
Prawdy
orgi69
i_cezar
Spite
nickaero
Mr.Rozp!zd
Ninja.
Blind
xo
yUb

Special thanks to
Agi - For help on the discord server
Adminless - For a shared server, everything it does for the community.

and everyone who watched and waited for the matches.
Camaradas Iks De
oKo*Magister
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: oKo*Magister

Post by oKo*Magister »

That was really nice to play, but it sucks that I had to play vs Nick at play-offs :(
Also that I lost xD But well played everyone, that was a great to fight and watch you all!

GG
It's all in the spirit of Aimbot. *Mankubus voice*
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

no worries you did great nevertheless, you completed the whole thing on your own and I didn't even have to intervene at all on this which is way beyond the expectation. as for improvements, the only I noticed is that it looked to me like you pretty much setup the matchups "randomly". for example that round of 16, blaze vs mikes looked easily like a grand final or at least a semi final to me, not a round of 16 and the same can be tell probably about the kiri vs the undead round of 16 matchup. I didn't say anything as to not mess things up and because at the end of the day it wasn't even that important (it was mostly fun) but general proceeding when setting up cups is to assign some seeds (i.e. the strongest players in the competition) and then work the matchups from there. for example if you regarded kiri, the undead, blaze and mikes as (initially) the strongest on the competition you work out a chart in such a way that they could only meet at least until the semi-finals. of course if they loss before then you have a upset and a different path but that's just part of the tournament. anyways, I repeat, great job and of course not taking anything away either from you or any of the participants is just a suggestion.

ps: yeah magi that's exactly about what I was commenting too, also his own CTHULHU vs blaze was wild for a heat round.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

Good job , and I like the ranking list , perhaps you can have a points based system to increase ranking or more competitions to effect ranking , ie if you don't play you lose a rank lol, and so that next competition you might not face same people

Thank you CTH

Mike I was impressed you got more hits than I expected while moving around so much , well done
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: cTh

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

alyeti wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 21:33 Good job , and I like the ranking list , perhaps you can have a points based system to increase ranking or more competitions to effect ranking , ie if you don't play you lose a rank lol, and so that next competition you might not face same people

Thank you CTH

Mike I was impressed you got more hits than I expected while moving around so much , well done
Thank you. I'm answering so late because I was on a hiatus from the quake3 universe. If Pacman liked it, it would have to be good hehe. Mike is a beast, I know it for a long time!
Camaradas Iks De