Can't connect to server and forum

Computing Support forum.
Facehugger
User lv2
User lv2

Can't connect to server and forum

Post by Facehugger »

Hey!

After a couple month break I failed to connect to Unfreeze yesterday. Can't even see it on servers list. I tried to specify IP, still no luck.
Also I can't get here with my original IP, had to use VPN.

Any suggestions?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: Can't connect to server and forum

Post by adminless »

hey hi there face, welcome to the forums

happened that you fell in a dirty network, there's records of security threats and recorded attacks from your very specific network that thus in turn triggered the servers defensive mechanisms which leave you out of connection. I personally made the necessary corrections for that circumstance a moment ago then I believe that you should be able to connect again to the servers as usual (as well as to this board). I also take the necessary measures against the very same specific network your using right now as shared networks are not allowed either as they pose another security threat of their own.

sorry for this inconvenience and I hope that that gets it fixed.

PS: plus in addition I also just found out that the server also has recorded that network as unusable obsolete 3G/gsm mobile network, in few words you're connecting from some of the worst networks on the internet wouldn't surprise me if you would be blacklisted on several sites by default just because of that network you're using.
Facehugger
User lv2
User lv2

Post by Facehugger »

Yep, unfortunately technical progress ain't the best part of my country. ))

Anyways, I played today successfully. Still can't enter the forum though, which is no big deal. I'll use VPN again if I'll have to.

Thanks for a such quick response.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

that's rare, I double checked it now and both corrections (game servers as well as web services) are in place (and as you're reporting know to be working) so probably there's something else more, I believe that likely now it should be some short of dns issue, you'll probably be using your company dns servers that are consequently going to be blacklisted here too, I guess that that's why you can't enter now, better try using some "good know" dns servers (ex. google dns servers 8.8.8.8 - 8.8.4.4) or make a local dns override for the site (ex. forum.fpsclassico.com. IN A 45.89.125.45) and I believe that that should get you on board. perhaps you need to give it some time (typically a day or so) to get rid of the local page/site/dns cache for it to work (try deleting your browser cache/temp files).

nevertheless, you got in-game which is the important for the rest you can also ask people there to write here on your behalf or to contact me if something breaks badly.
Facehugger
User lv2
User lv2

Post by Facehugger »

Seems that using dns servers 8.8.8.8 - 8.8.4.4 did the trick, everything is working just fine right now. Thanks for the advice.

Cheers.
Facehugger
User lv2
User lv2

Post by Facehugger »

Hey!

Having exactly the same problem starting from today. Just yesterday all worked well. ))
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yes it seems that your connection info got recently updated which consequently prevented it to be properly addressed by the servers, anyways I've just temporarily nuked that now so it will get re-learned, thus I believe you should of be able to connected as usual now. so yes it's possible that from time to time things like that that require a manual fix happen (the heuristics code can also sometimes misidentify you) then let me know if you encounter more problems.