My router crashes at 20 secs. of playing

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.
Nausicaa
User lv1
User lv1

My router crashes at 20 secs. of playing

Post by Nausicaa »

Hi there.

I have been playing on unfreeze's servers for a few years now, usually with the nick Nausicaa. Lately I am having a strange problem that I am unable to solve. The fact is that every time I connect to any of your servers (except the Training server) my router crashes after 20 – 30 secs. of playing, and automatically it reboots. Always is the same. I repeat that I have been connecting for years before.

Something has happened between the end of August and the beginning of September, that I can no longer play, and what is more odd, the router, after 20 or 30 seconds, automatically reboots.

I have tried everything: I have changed the router in case it was broken and the same thing continues to happen with the new one. I have made clean copy of Quake 3. I have downloaded and tested all your files to run unfreeze. No way.

I have even thought I had been banned (I don't know why, but it could be possible), but if so, it would simply take me out of the game and the router would not restart. By the way, I can play quite well on any other Quake servers, on anyone but yours, which makes me more annoyed.
Any help will be well received. I play from Spain, my ISP is Movistar, with whom I have contacted and they assure me that everything is ok. They don't have IPV6 yet, but didnt have it before and I've been playing without problems.

Thanks and best regards.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: My router crashes at 20 secs. of playing

Post by adminless »

from what I see everything is normal and overall that's really really strange. my best first quick guess as I see that you already tried everything is that may be you have some sort of very specific virus or something like that so may be I suggest you to try to run some antivirus/malware scan on your computer or alternatively try with another computer. obviously I haven't banned you and I haven't made any network related change in the past few months either so if the virus doesn't work it out other things to try could be to plug your computer directly to the ont assuming you have a fiber or your modem and see you have more luck. if that works proceed to deploy the rest of the network and restore defaults on your devices. anyways not for that reason, but on the next days I'll migrate the servers into a new host so may be you have luck. additionally if you comment that the training server seems to work may the alternative route does also for you then also try \connect 37.120.182.194 at the moment and see if it works. hope that helps.
Nausicaa
User lv1
User lv1

Post by Nausicaa »

Thank you for your answer. We played in another home computer with the same result, but I'll try what u suggest. I dont have ONT anymore, my ISP router have ONT and router in the same machine. Yes, I can play on training server, so maybe I'll be lucky if you change into a new host. Anyway, now I see the problem is not related to the server (I think), so I´ll insist to my ISP, because it looks the problem could be related to Movistar. Thank you again.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, you have mta now (ont+router combo) I guess the movistar agent told you to restore to the defaults already right? if not, look for a small reset button on the back and keep it pressed for some seconds until the device lights blink or it resets. also to be safe afterwards to have only one computer plugged at the time of the test and nothing else connected. for extra precaution, loging into the device and turn off the wifi and try. I'm not so convinced the problem is on their end, movistar is top provider on your region and there's plenty of people playing from that network at the servers daily. anyways, just for the sake you can already test the new location by connecting to the ranked server (formerly the private server) that I already deployed it there by trying either connect 45.89.125.45:27970 or connect 5.230.222.7:27970 (from what I see I believe the former should work best for you) with password 1234. if on those ips it works then you should be good to go here in few days.
Nausicaa
User lv1
User lv1

Post by Nausicaa »

Definitely it’s something related to the old servers, I don’t know because the origin (my isp just at my home) or the end (server). I have tried the new one (45.89.125.45:27970) and it works great. It does not crash my router (mta). Then I went back to the old unfreeze server and again the mta has reboot itself. I had already done everything you suggest, even the wifi is always disabled. Fortunately, the new server seems to be doing great, with a more than decent ping. I will wait until they work.

Curiously today I tried to connect from work for a little while, there I have ONT + router (no mta) and the old servers work quite well. So the problem is between my house and the old servers. Weird thing I have been unable to fix, but I still think is a problem with my isp and the routing to the servers.

Thanks for everything and see you on the new servers.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yes, from what you saying it looks like you should be good with the new host thus probably I guess is not worth digging any further. yesterday I just finished completing the new "eu" alternative server now known as the kleyrex server/route so apparently you should already be able to play those and probably I guess that today I'll finish with the new "de" main server now know as the interxion fra2 server/route so hopefully expect to be able to fully play this within today or tomorrow.