Problems with HLSW

Computing Support forum.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Problems with HLSW

Post by fernandinho1337 »

Hi guys,

I am experiencing issues with HLSW after reinstalling it.

I added all quake 3 servers to my server list and in the properties of each server I usually add additional parameters to be executed at start such as:

+exec autoexec.cfg +connect -6 spacius.fpsclasico.de:27963

After my reinstall it does not work anymore (I can tell my config is not executed anymore). Can anyone of you see what I am doing wrong? Are there any alternatives to HLSW? (ASE and Gamespy are offline for a few years already).

Best Regards,
Last edited by fernandinho1337 on Tue Jan 23, 2024 20:19, edited 1 time in total.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: Problems with HLSW

Post by adminless »

before ruling out hlsw I'd suggest trying also adding the fs_game option to the launch command for something like +set fs_game unfreeze +exec miroslav +connect -6 unfreeze.fpsclasico.de. other than that I believe that the only alternative to hlsw still running is the monster browser where apparently you can still add master.fpsclasico.de/master.fpsclasico.eu for the fpsclasico server list.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Re: Problems with HLSW

Post by fernandinho1337 »

yo adminless...you fixed my problem since i am dumb as ****. my config is called miroslav.cfg not autoexec.cfg...that already fixed it....but please dont tell anyone ;-)

best,