No signature

Computing Support forum.
tar
User lv4
User lv4

No signature

Post by tar »

There is no setting for a signature under my personal settings.

Guess, you have to change my permissions: https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &t=2249646
newb.zi (stats · system)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: No signature

Post by adminless »

yes I know good point for "security reasons" (i.e. spam) when this (the board) was starting I intentionally took away those rights (as well as others) from the registered users as this finally got something more like 30 real accounts already and it's going and it set up and since the bots/casual spam have been under control lately recently this days I also have been think about giving back those rights to the registered users so now that you mention yes I believe that is a good moment to take a break and take care of that so ok I'm gonna be working on that and I hope that later this night (let's hope I don't trash anything hehe) or so I can write here about it.

see you later
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

ok, done, finally yesterday at late night finished with tuning and reviewing that so I believe that with this finally this whole board thing should be more than "complete" already as I ended up adding all the stuff I had in mind for this intended for a later time now, overall I think it turned out pretty well.

this time I "completed" the whole user forum "leveling" thing, it goes like this:

-Level 1 (1-3 posts): will get avatar (as it made no sense to give avatars to people who didn't even drop to say "hi", that was simply a default thing to don't have to get into stuff like this, now properly addressed)
-Level 2 (4-15 posts): will get Level 1 rights plus profile status/info/links and a bold username font
-Level 3 (16-63 posts): will get Level 2 rights plus signatures and a "bronze" (got to be replace by more of a "chocolate" one as "bronze" didn't "fit" with the current scheme) username color
-Level 4 (64-255 posts): will get Level 3 rights plus ability to send PMs (although they'll can send PMs to anyone they'll can only "talk", i.e. get answered, by other Level 4 or higher ranked users, i.e. admins/mods) and a "silver" (got to be replace by more of a "inox/metallic green stone" one as I almost could barely see "silver" color fonts here with the current scheme) username color
-Level 5 (+256 posts): will get all the available user rights (i.e. Level 4) and since I got without more user rights to give away for this level as a fancy reward for this level I added username change rights plus the corresponding "gold" a-like username font color to fit the board scheme (i.e. more like some sort of "evening sun" color)

and that's it I believe this should provide the best compromise between usability, engagement and security as I believe that people who reach those levels here should make proper use of those rights as other way i believe that they wouldn't have reach there and regardless I believe that there's not even need to say that whoever misuse these right will simply lost the leveling (if not something more if things get really serious).

I've been testing it yesterday and this morning and I believe that I didn't break anything (hehe hopefully) so it seems to be working good so far. the only flaw I found is that apparently users who activated later his signature has to explicitly enable it on previous posts in order to show up although since people usually get those rights early on, it shouldn't me a major concern (though since you got this pretty late it can be a notorious issue for you, so let me know if you want it enabled all over the place and I believe I'll can do that this time in particular, also make sure to check the "attach my signature by default" on your board posting settings if you want it to show up from now on).

that's it, check it out and let me know if you still missing something or find something broken or stuff like that, signatures also has some "restrictions" of their own (even for myself included) by I believe that that should be fine at least by now.

PS: digging it up now the signature thing with a dummy user it looks like it's probably a particular issue with your user as signatures seems to be enabled by default regardless of weather you have rights to set it or not so I guess that is likely that you disabled them at some point or something like that.
tar
User lv4
User lv4

Post by tar »

PS: digging it up now the signature thing with a dummy user it looks like it's probably a particular issue with your user as signatures seems to be enabled by default regardless of weather you have rights to set it or not so I guess that is likely that you disabled them at some point or something like that.
No, as there was no signature option within my profile settings I was not able to change anything. However, now it is working. Thanks and it is quite funny you made another game out of it :lol:
newb.zi (stats · system)