fpsclassico masters 21 - fau champion, Miroslav undisputed
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

fpsclasico masters summer 21 cup

Post by adminless »

hello everybody

ok, so after the delay due the UnFreeZe league where I believe that finally every single reason why for other than casual events here and there I don't do team fights came to light I think it's finally time to open another fpsclasico (mini) cup for this 2021 summer. initially the idea for this cup was to have a masters, former champions, mini cup (i.e. semis and finals as usual) with all the previous winners, that's it, first edition champion matacristos, second edition and current undisputed/undefeated champion miroslav, 2020 champion aimer and current reigning champion fau though as usual it's just a saying/concept. needless to say, it's not like because I named someone it has to be in, in fact, at this time/moment of the year I don't even know how this will work out if any and I also know, pretty much for a fact, that matacristos is virtually "gone" (at least from a competitive standpoint) so please feel free to sign up as needed. I believe that a good replacement for mata would probably be someone from the best sixth at any of the stages of the UnFreeZe league or similar for example. we'll see, as usual the games are generally played weekends evening (typically the Sundays between 18:00/19:00 CEST) though apparently week days nights (like 21:30 CEST and so) worked very good for many during the league so may be they can also be a option. whatever the case is, as usual, the idea is to keep the cup short and probably complete it within one or two weeks at most so the interested parts sing up as well as please post your availability. the deadline to sign up is until some time on the next week or at least until the next Monday 14 of June of 2021 00:00 CEST so don't miss your chance.

as for the rules and so I believe that everybody around here is already familiar with them so in short fights are 10 mins best of five duels with up-to two 2 mins overtimes (then sudden death) played in A-B-B-A-C (tie-breaker) order where the player "A" is the regarded strongest and the tie-breaker is chosen by the admin (with some flexibility/potential negotiation). all maps from each fight must be different (chose preference obviously go player A then player B then admin/tie-breaker) and as usual all the maps choices must be done and made public here at least 24 hours prior the fight date (for more than obvious reasons as could have been seen) and that's something that will be enforced at all times (failing to do so will result in me picking whatever I see fit). initially if they show up miro and fau will be the seeds (i.e. players A of the semis with the miro semi being the "A" semi then the preference takes over from there). anyways I'll make a chart as usual once is setup so for other than that if anybody just needs any further explanations and/or have any questions just ask them here.

as for the map pool I believe that probably the best shot is just go with the full rotation currently installed at the server as I think that is already quite good and at the end of the day I don't think it'll hurt to have a few more options to chose from rather than going all the time with the same stuff that can ultimately end up getting boring after so many editions. anyways, I believe that nothing have dramatically changed, only the legacy versions of pro-q3dm13, pro-q3tourney2, pro-q3tourney4, q3dm13, q3tourney2 and q3tourney4 have been added that will all count as same map (i.e. once q3dm13 was picked, pro-q3dm13 can't be picked) per miro historical request and after the new tier of custom maps I also added storm3tourney1 and q3shw19 to the pool as I think that can also be great choices (the former is even kind of popular and decent imo for duels and the later is just a personal choice that I also think that it can work great). when it comes to the map pool I believe that should be it, if someone has some other request from the current official client assets feel free to make it here before this launch though as I said unless very strong requests no other changes are expected.
aimer
User lv4
User lv4

Re: fpsclasico masters summer 21 cup

Post by aimer »

I would love to play now that i have sorted out my fps drops but my connection is not cooperating.
For the last 10 days it's like this most of the time which makes any "serious" game frustrating for all the players involved :problem:

adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

unlucky :( I'm sorry to hear that, well I'll try to hard cycle the server in the next days (which likely won't change anything but who knows it's just routine anyways) and also let's hope the situation improves by the time. unfortunately, summer/holidays are dates when most IT companies conduct maintenance which typically can lead to issues like that (degraded quality). ok, we'll see/talk by the next week then when this closes and we'll decide, if not then there's gonna be two spots available to join (yours and mata). anyways whatever the case is don't stress about it that as said is just a proposal, it's not like it has to be done and whether it end up working or not, there's gonna be more editions of this here all the same (if nothing else spawns the intention remains the same typically couple of times a year).
orgi69
User lv3
User lv3

Post by orgi69 »

sounds good! - I'm signing up!
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

but hey do you have some solid duel experience? just saying in case you overlooked it because this is not a UnFreeZe cup, it's a 1vs1 cup played on something that is not the UnFreeZe mod you're used too (the server is masters.fpsclasico.de:27965 or masters.fpsclasico.eu:27965 whichever works better for you). furthermore this time is even a special (intended) "masters"/former champions edition so I'm not so sure if you meet the qualifying criteria at the moment. anyways thanks for your interest and signing up, as said, at the time being I'm not even sure if this will work out at all so I'll sign you up as a potential participant shall the minimum amount of players isn't meet and we need you in to complete the cup anyways but please understand that if further stronger (pre-qualified) participants turn up for this they will have preference (the idea is to have four players at the moment).
fau
User lv4
User lv4

Post by fau »

Sure, I'll play.
Semisek48
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Semisek48 »

If the laggy Semisek is still not yet disabled to participate 1v1 events i would be happy to play match or two in case better players will be missing. I was thinking i could challange Kra7os or Blaze for some dance. Or i can play with orgi to let him show if he is as good in 1v1 as he is in Unfreeze.
My internet seems to be better last days, but I still can't promise that it won't fail at an important moment unfortunatelly.
orgi69
User lv3
User lv3

Post by orgi69 »

I'm familar with the masters-server. And yeah, I didn't participate in previous years - so if thats the criteria, I don't mmatch them ;) But I'm still interested if you won't find enough participants - just let me know.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

@fau cool then welcome in, if miro shows up (I guess he probably will once he sees this) with two more players it should be just done. as usual, stay tune around the next week as we close this for the match ups/dates and so.

@semi I know and I'm sorry but after you significantly lagged at the two last major events until you successful complete other lower profile events here without issues you won't be eligible to participate on this at the moment, sorry about that. yes, doing something else can be a option but probably under other circumstances (a undercard/training/warmup or something) when it comes to the official competition at hand now, I don't wanna give you false hope, you're not eligible at the moment, sorry about that.

@orgi sure stay tune as I said I highly doubt the turnout for this is gonna be massive (fau/miro and may be aimer if he makes it is the expectation and then whoever shows up just like you) and there's at least one spot missing (mata) so you have a fair chance to make it in. additionally as semi suggested if there's enough interest and more people show up (like 5/6 people total) there's the possibility to setup some qualifying playoffs (the seeds will obviously directly qualify). we'll see, thank you for your interest all.
Semisek48
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Semisek48 »

Ok, it is cool. At least it means less stress for semisek and more walks for his dog.
I look forward to see the videos.

Just one more thing to say: some time ago when no one was comming to masters server for duel for a while I visited a 1v1 server of friend of mine ava/// who also used to play on Unfreeze for a little bit in the past and i mentioned the tournaments running here so he said he could be interested to join if there will be room for some hosts/newcommers. I have his FB so i can write him if it still applies. BTW I also met D4WIDOV there and he told me he would be in for some interesting superfight with Miroslav, or may be to join the the league as well... to add some new blood to the arena. :D

fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Post by fernandinho1337 »

adminless wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 23:24 @fau cool then welcome in, if miro shows up (I guess he probably will once he sees this)
:wave: :thumbup:

best regards

PS what about nickaero, Plumse, kra7os, Puff?
Last edited by fernandinho1337 on Tue Jan 23, 2024 20:19, edited 1 time in total.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

@semi I know that guy, he (ava) used to play here, true, until he completely fucked it up big time and got permanently banned altogether, so no, let that douche alone as he is not even allowed here anymore. as for d4widoV well I actually reached him about that here (he has a account) and he pretty much answered by logging out of the site same as with ixsy btw when he was offered a proper (ixsy&korie vs fau&plumse) 2vs2 fight (he again also answered by logging out of the site) or whoami who allegedly was a experienced top 100 world ranked duelist but pretty much only showed to the miro fight out of obligation. it's not as simple as it seems, lot of people always love to run their mouths big about doing this or doing that but very few later back it up which speak volumes of fpsclasico top contenders like miro, fau and aimer that always show at the main events. for that reason I don't really like giving names as it leads nowhere but if we were to suggest some people I believe good candidates for this edition should be miro, fau, aimer, nastia, blaze, ironmonkey for example.

@miro cool welcome in with you and fau at least now we guarantee a lineal champion superfight rematch. other than that looking forward find you some interesting match ups for the semi finals too so stay tune the next week for the dates and so as usual.

ok, additionally I just hard cycled the server this morning (sorry for the downtime but the automated hard cycle failed and it ultimately required a manual technician physical reset instead which obviously took some more time than a few minutes) and conducted a full server maintenance/checkup (as expected the server is still on perfect condition) so I don't know if that helped improve the network situation some or not (I honestly don't think so but anyways it was something planned to be done all the same). if that worked and we can get aimer in the next week then we would already have miro, fau, aimer and orgi signed up for this so some potential semis could be miro-orgi and fau-aimer. other than that if more of the people named (or not but similar) show up then we can consider the qualifying playoffs. as usual, we'll see until the next week there's still time to join so those around interested on this please don't miss your chances to show up.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Post by fernandinho1337 »

Cool adminless!

I really think we should consider nickaero because a few weeks ago he played quite a bit

best,
Last edited by fernandinho1337 on Tue Jan 23, 2024 20:19, edited 1 time in total.
d4widoV
User lv2
User lv2

Post by d4widoV »

Hello everyone!
@adminless - it's not like I gave up this proposal without answering, I liked it very much. Lately, I am not very active in the game because I have a 6-month-old son and a lot of additional responsibilities, which I also think you can see from my activity on masters :-)
I'm very interested in participating in this tournament because it's always a lot of extra fun, but I can't tell until June 14th. I will try, but I do not promise, I have it all in mind :-)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

sounds good, don't worry that we can wait for you to decide until the next Tuesday or Wednesday, that's not a problem. if you get in I believe you can be the perfect replacement for matacristos and a ideal match up for the fau semi-final. ok, then we'll talk the next week so stay tune.