UnFreeZe league

UnFreeZe League 2021 History - ILM Clan Lineal Champions
Liza
User lv4
User lv4

Re: UnFreeZe league

Post by Liza »

Liza wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 15:29 Final game will take place on Thursday, May 20 at 21.00 CEST (22.00 msk).
ILM (Blaze, Ironmonkey, Mikes, Makaveli, Orgi, Nickaero) vs Russians (Ixsy, Black Nastia, Ixxaaa, Sweety Labr, Black Dii, Poo).
Map picks:
Hub3tourney1, overkill, q3dm14, 6++, q3dm7
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

that looks interesting indeed. thanks for the update :thumbsup:
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

Breaking, regular season undefeated champion Сборная России has been defeated at the UnFreeZe Grand Final by ILM clan!!! Please everybody congratulate the new reigning UnFreeZe champion ILM clan on a epic victory at a great night. commentary, demos, notes and so to follow as usual, congrats.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

adminless wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 23:07 Breaking, regular season undefeated champion Сборная России has been defeated at the UnFreeZe Grand Final by ILM clan!!! Please everybody congratulate the new reigning UnFreeZe champion ILM clan on a epic victory at a great night. commentary, demos, notes and so to follow as usual, congrats.
Cool well done
fau
User lv4
User lv4

Post by fau »

Well played both teams, congratulations ILM. It was interesting to watch on GTV.
I'll have to eat my words about your chances on dm7 (no pushups though).
nickaero
User lv4
User lv4

Post by nickaero »

Well played by Team Russia, was a very tough fight.
Congratulations to Liza, in the beginning everyone was skeptical whether or not this competition would even go ahead but in the end this was a very fun and I think memorable little tournament.
Also thanks to all the players who participated
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, so things came to a end on this UnFreeZe tournament with a great grand final where ultimately regular season third place beat the expectations and ended up as the new UnFreeZe reigning champion clan. things never looked in good shape for a Sbornaya that this night probably lost something more than just a final but somehow part of their reputation/honor too. probably things started to go wrong for the Sbornaya way before the Grand Final, likely by the end of the regular season. I have the feeling that "their" competition ended the night of the Thursday 29 of April of 2021 when they completed the regular season as undefeated champions. after that I have the feeling that they just mentally vanished from the competitive mindset needed to go all the way the season to ultimately end up as champions. it's my feeling that I have seen a team going from modesty and ultra defensive gaming to healthy confidence and a attractive balanced game at the peak of their performance (the second half of the regular season) to a overconfident/arrogant team with a kind of showoff game that thought that all that they had to worry about on the night of the Thursday 20 of May of 2021 was who of them would end up lifting the mvp award and that ultimately came up as a sore loser team. things really started to feel off with the Sbornaya when they showed like 15 minutes late unprepared for nothing less than a semi final and tried to work it out "5vs3" just like that and their overall lack of preparation/focus for this fight, an actual Grand Final, nonetheless was quite evident and ultimately their demise. probably they just failed to see that after they had played together for something like 3000/4000 hours just some very specific maps their margin of improvement was minimal (a few percent) so their league performance was their peak while on the other hand the margin of improvement of some teams that rarely if ever had competed together and that haven't even played those very specific maps more than a few hours casually here and there over that of the league was pretty much infinite (like doubling just after each fight at the moment).

ok so on that context the gran final started at hub3tourney1 after even had to wait for some of the Sbornaya Rossii guys to install the map for close to 10 minutes (the limit btw) with a clear victory for ILM that simply was better and dominated 10:6 in 9 minutes a Sbornaya that couldn't really do much about it with a solid ironmonkey performance. second game overkill was probably the most important and decisive game of all, likely the Sbornaya had the slight edge here however ILM played better the decisive moments and ultimately prevailed 10:8 on a very disputed game to re-watch and re-analyze probably. with all set for ILM to pick a quick 3:0 victory and settle the tittle as soon as possible in my opinion, as a observer, they made the critical mistake of changing no other than the guy that will ultimately came up as mvp of the tournament (and their perceived de-facto leader), blaze. clearly this proved fatal for them on this game and despite probably winning the exchanges individually without blaze leadership and balance they struggled on a game they never found the teamplay needed to play it and that the Sbornaya took consistently 10:6. that was a very serious issue for ILM as that kept the Sbornaya very alive and at the expense of 6++ virtually sets them for a tie-breaker resolution. clearly that was the case with 6++ that saw probably the ixsy best performance so far against who ILM just couldn't do much but keep trying and trying as usual no matter the hardships setting the resilience mindset needed to go all the way. with one half of the match for each q3dm7 tie-breaker showed to settle the champion and this time similar to the first game the Sbornaya was just simply outclassed by a solid blaze led ILM that although the game ended being very long ILM just took (broke) in few minutes as by half the game they already lead like 7:2 or something like that. ultimately the Sbornaya resorted to every dirty trick on the book (camp abuse, exploiting non sense thawing etc) to hold on a losing 9:5 score for something like 10 minutes on a really lamentable performance for a team that for other than that had picked momentum and it was playing great so a really disappointing way to terminate the competition. needless to say just after ILM ended up with the trolling knowing the fight was over on their favor they just went head on and finished the job on another 10:6 victory for them and claiming their first UnFreeZe championship tittle. congrats guys on a spectacular victory that on a personal note it even hits home as everybody knows that Россия is way more than just Москва and this time it wasn't a exception as it was quite obvious this Sbornaya was far superior to the team Moskva that pulled the stunt of merely scoring more points on a fight against team UnFreeZe.

on the individual side, it's hard to pick a individual mvp as it has ultimately been very team balanced so I'll probably just go with the stats rank and the winner team and I'll designate blaze as mvp of the finals, congrats on that award too. as for the best sixth of the finals after analysis and my in-game impresions I think I'll go with [ILM]^Blaze , ixsy , fau , ^{BLACK}NASTIA , [ILM]^ironmonkey , ixxaaa on that order and with blaze as mvp of course.

ref notes: ok as usual now the ref notes. quite a few, as mentioned on the first game player poo didn't have the announced like two days ago map installed which is simply totally unacceptable. some extra minutes were given to install it and luckily he ultimately barely made it in time to play it. had no been the case and as already stated before teams failing to play a official map that has been advertised since the beginning for not having it installed before connecting will be ko'ed on that map and the corresponding point given to the enemy team. additionally they didn't make any single change on a two hours fight which of course is not a infraction but it's just a quite unusual thing to note. also let's be fair and note that I don't know who came up/agreed with the map order but the Sbornaya as the semi final A winner had the pitch advantage on this so it's my understanding the fight should have been played overkill , hub3tourney1 , 6++ , q3dm14 and q3dm7 for example understanding that overkill and 6++ were the Sbornaya choices not the other way around. as said I wasn't going to be overruling also that though as mentioned ultimately every part involved had the right (as well as the exclusive responsibility) to elevate such dispute and/or directly make the choices here at any single given instant with or without any further discussion, they didn't, period. as mentioned on the fight commentary above Sbornaya playing behavior on the last game was just not acceptable, not acceptable, they literally spent like more than 5 minutes on a 9:5 death game camping ra and doing nothing but just freeze&thaw themselves over and over with no end and without any serious intent to go for the game. as it was brought before in particular, yes, the freeze&thaw thing is part of the game though as perfectly pointed to some extend. this has been a very clear example of a exploit and why I brought attention to the topic so I really ask people to play fair as if this continues to happen like this and end up becoming the norm/recurrent I'll get rid of that too in way or another. so far at the moment as I said I believe the way the Sbornaya ended the final game was inappropriate/uncalled and just plain toxic thus I'll issue another -1 penalization on this fight for them to take effect on a new league in case it ever takes place and I'll issue a first formal warning against them, if they incur on two more minor penalizations or a major penalization more they'll get banned altogether (not penalized).

and that has been all, thank you very much to everybody for participate and completing the whole thing, hope everybody had fun. as for the demos here or here and the videos likely tomorrow on the evening (18:00/19:00 approx).
Black.Nastia
User lv3
User lv3

Post by Black.Nastia »

Hello everybody! Thanks for a great tournament! We were glad to participate in it. Congratulations to the ILM team on a brilliant victory! unfortunately I do not quite understand what the administrator said about our game. we played well and smoothly throughout the tournament and the final, just the ILM team was able to strengthen their team play. The final turned out to be very tense and difficult, all five maps required maximum concentration and the last map was the best in my opinion in terms of tactical skill. The ILM team acted the same way as we did, holding the position on the red, we unsuccessfully tried to take it away and lost with a large score, then when we were able to win it back we tried desperately to save the game, the tension was enormous and we fought to the last but missed the decisive attack from the opposing team. I'm sorry that the administrator considered our actions a hate and toxicity. it was an epic and intense battle between two well-trained teams! some cards imply tactical features of behavior and tricks, this is part of the game. I have no right to condemn the actions of the administrator, but it seems to me that we did nothing wrong. In any case, thanks to all, liza organizer, administrator and teams! huge respect Blaze, buddy you were able to put together a great team!
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

hey it's cool you have every right to disagree with my comments and to appeal to the referring if you feel like it though I believe that there's no much to comment/argue/appeal about, no ILM didn't play dm7 like you played the 9:5 nor you even played like that (to that extreme) at all during the whole tournament nor even during the rest of dm7 this night and you know that perfectly yourself. as it surfaced at the dm11 team community A vs oKo fight camping ra and using the lava to kill yourself and thaw yourself over and over with no end and no intend to go for the fight is not the way the game is intended to be played and it leads nowhere. that's exploitative gaming, it's not allowed (just like that, I'm gonna camp ra and thaw myself with no end, what you gonna do? ban/disqualify you may be if I have to) and as mentioned I just left that there for the sake of the game but it the situation ever develops like that again make no mistake that I'll also patch that. that ILM also hold/took the ra at times and they also used the lava to refresh themselves from time to time sure but in a overall fair and balanced way. in no way I observed any other team (the Sbornaya included) to camp ra for something like ten minutes straight and exploitative thaw themselves like a dozen times straight in a point and I repeat you know that perfectly yourself so the point deduction penalization on any potential future competition at fpsclasico for your team will stick. make sure that this would have been handled (and it will if necessary) the same exact way had that occurred by any other team and that I will ultimately take any necessary active steps to ensure that such a situation don't take place again if I have to. so yes I agree as I wrote on the commentary it was a disappointing way to say good bye to the tournament from your team that for other than that had played great in-game through the whole competition. trust me I was there and it just came out wrong, I think that some of your men didn't even understand it at all and it was just uncalled/unnecessary. matter of fact I was actually writing a warning by the time the point got resolved looking forward disqualify you right away had no went for the fight and engage on the battle instead of focusing merely on holding on a losing score by exploitative thawing yourselves over and over. to me it just looked no different than rage quitting/ruining the endgame which I repeat it upset me because otherwise yes I was really going to praise that your team honored the competition till the end and acknowledge that you played a great exciting offensive game till the end despite the hardships and that between losing playing great or wining playing bad/meaningless defenses in a exploitative way the game is not intended to be played you had chose and honored the former setting the standard. something along those line was the commentary I had in mind but unfortunately this time it wasn't the case/didn't apply.
nickaero
User lv4
User lv4

Post by nickaero »

Ok time to give my thoughts on adminless' comments.
I think you are being too harsh on Sbornaya, you are right in criticising them for being late, however everybody has a life outside gaming so I am willing to forgive/overlook that, however I agree that Poo not having hub3 map is not acceptable. Not only was the map announced for like 2 days prior they had also played the map in the League more than once, so I am genuinely curious to know why he didn't have the map in his folder. Although we were more than willing to wait and play a full final as being awarded a map by a penalisation of their other team would be really lame.
On dm14 I think every ILM member will agree that playing Blaze wouldn't have changed anything, we were simply outclassed there, Sbornaya held red really well and they rushed through every entrance at the same time when they didn't have it so wp by them on that map. Also some of you may be surprised to hear this but we don't really have any "leader" in our clan that gives orders or something, and dm14 felt very good on training so I am really surprised by how it turned out.
On Overkill I think some of adminless' comments about their approach ring true, maybe it wasn't arrogance as much as complacency that settled in, I'm surprised they never tried Fau's tactics of holding bridge area as that worked like a charm against us and we had no awnser for it, but then again, they seem like just a couple mates who want to have fun and play in a way that feels intuitive to them, it just so happens that we improved massively on Overkill through out the tournament, we feel good there and is now a sort of pseudo home map for us.
Lastly on dm7 although I think once again adminless' has a point but is being too harsh by giving them a penalty on future events, them holding red like that I feel was a decision made under the stress of imminent defeat, a last ditch effort to make something happen, I didn't see it as trolling or rage quitting, must have sucked to spectate but again, giving them penalty feels too harsh for me. We can discuss about maybe removing damage from lava and acid on Event server to balance out the map tho.
In the end we decided to rush them as much as we could when the round ended as we knew we had a big lead and there was no way they could hold on for like 5 rounds straight if we kept rushing them.
That's it for me, they were superior on 2 maps while we were superior on 3 maps, not much to say about the score, once again GG to Sbornaya
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

Black.Nastia wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 8:12 Hello everybody! Thanks for a great tournament! We were glad to participate in it. Congratulations to the ILM team on a brilliant victory! unfortunately I do not quite understand what the administrator said about our game. we played well and smoothly throughout the tournament and the final, just the ILM team was able to strengthen their team play. The final turned out to be very tense and difficult, all five maps required maximum concentration and the last map was the best in my opinion in terms of tactical skill. The ILM team acted the same way as we did, holding the position on the red, we unsuccessfully tried to take it away and lost with a large score, then when we were able to win it back we tried desperately to save the game, the tension was enormous and we fought to the last but missed the decisive attack from the opposing team. I'm sorry that the administrator considered our actions a hate and toxicity. it was an epic and intense battle between two well-trained teams! some cards imply tactical features of behavior and tricks, this is part of the game. I have no right to condemn the actions of the administrator, but it seems to me that we did nothing wrong. In any case, thanks to all, liza organizer, administrator and teams! huge respect Blaze, buddy you were able to put together a great team!
Well done , I learnt allot from you nastia look forward to playing you soon
Liza
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Liza »

nickaero wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 10:46 I agree that Poo not having hub3 map is not acceptable. Not only was the map announced for like 2 days prior they had also played the map in the League more than once, so I am genuinely curious to know why he didn't have the map in his folder.
He changed his laptop recently and was expecting auto-download.This is the reason, though I agree that he should have checked everything before the match.
Labr unexpectedly had some troubles with hardware (video card), so he had no ability to play.
LeopolD
User lv2
User lv2

Post by LeopolD »

I don't think one can blame team A for camping red but not blame team B for not attacking red. Its just the nature of this gametype,

Maybe enabling quad and friends could force teams to move "naturally" in opposition to "move because that is how it is supposed to be played" ?
What works wonderfully for pub games may not be the best setting for "serious" tournament matches.

Anyway, thanks to all playing/setting stuff up/organizing, I had a blast sitting on gtv for the first time in years!
nickaero
User lv4
User lv4

Post by nickaero »

LeopolD wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:04 I don't think one can blame team A for camping red but not blame team B for not attacking red. Its just the nature of this gametype,

Maybe enabling quad and friends could force teams to move "naturally" in opposition to "move because that is how it is supposed to be played" ?
What works wonderfully for pub games may not be the best setting for "serious" tournament matches.

Anyway, thanks to all playing/setting stuff up/organizing, I had a blast sitting on gtv for the first time in years!
I agree with you, maybe adminless' should consider adding power ups like Quad Damage or Battle Suit on Event server matches? Maybe retire regular dm7 and only play dm7++ variant (I'm a big fan of that map)
nickaero
User lv4
User lv4

Post by nickaero »

Liza wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 11:47
nickaero wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 10:46 I agree that Poo not having hub3 map is not acceptable. Not only was the map announced for like 2 days prior they had also played the map in the League more than once, so I am genuinely curious to know why he didn't have the map in his folder.
He changed his laptop recently and was expecting auto-download.This is the reason, though I agree that he should have checked everything before the match.
Labr unexpectedly had some troubles with hardware (video card), so he had no ability to play.
Ok thx for clearing that up Liza. Man what a weird ass day, both me and Sweety Labr have problems with hardware