mip

mouse button bind proble

Post by mip »

Hi Adminless,

I
mip

Re: mouse button bind proble

Post by mip »

I have a problem with mouse binding. Mouse1..4 works ok, I cannot bind mouse5.
I have bound weapon 3 under key 3. Since mouse is not working I tried to use xbindkeys
to bind mouse5 (actually reported as mouse 9 in OS) to write character '3'.
In OS and in Q3 console it works - writes character '3', but in Q3 chat and game itself its not working.
Please help. Thanks.

Post by Guest »

This is my .xbindkeysrc file:

"xdotool key 3"
b:9
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

hi

try with the legacy package here as-is and see if you have more luck with that. the problem with that is that I believe there's no support for beyond 5 mouse buttons hence the button 9 not working also the keys must be broken into keystrokes (key up/down) for them to work. so things to try if the legacy pacakge doesn't work as-is may be try "xdotool click --delay 100 7" or "xdotool click --delay 100 5" on your binds or even something like "xdotool keydown 3 keyup --delay 100 3" and see if something like that works.
mip

Post by mip »

Thanks. I think I'll finally go with legacy package.
Keyup + keydown did not work.
Funny enough that e.g. xdotool click 3 works from command line (shows terminal window menu),
b:9 with xdotool e.g. key A works via .xbindkeysrc file,
but b:9 with xdotool click 3 via .xbindkeysrc file not working anywhere.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

unlucky in my experience all those kind of software remapping/macros things and similar are generally very broken (btw just to be safe did you try with the suggested delay option to the commands I posted as-is?). additionally may be try manually defining your mouse driver button mappings on the Xorg config files along what you can read here. as for example can be seen on this sample configuration here or here. hope that helps.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

also I took a further look at that now and I think that can also work as-is on the newer provided community package here (try with the provided library, that's it, run it through sh ioquake3.x86_64.sh) so give that a try in case that's more comfortable to you and you don't feel like dealing with the legacy package at the moment.
mip

Post by mip »

Well, I tested this again and it works now. I thought it was the --delay part missing, but actually I was trying this with different button.
"xdotool click --delay 100 2" b:9 trying to remap side button to middle button (with bind MOUSE3 "weapon 3") not working
(assuming middle button is OS button 2, and Q3 button 3), but
"xdotool click --delay 100 5" b:9 works, given that q3config.cfg also contains: bind MOUSE5 "weapon 3"

Great. Thanks!
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

np that's what I was talking about.