HUNK_ALLOC Failed

User's Guides & Help forum.
orgi69
User lv3
User lv3

HUNK_ALLOC Failed

Post by orgi69 »

Hi Adminless,

within 3 days I got kicked out from unfreeze-server with this message: Hunk_Alloc failed on 371904 (screenshot attached)

Never happened to me before. Do you know, what this could be caused by?
Attachments
q3_disconnect fail.jpg
orgi69
User lv3
User lv3

Re: HUNK_ALLOC Failed

Post by orgi69 »

PS: I saw somebody already posted a hunk_alloc failure before (but a different number) - I didn't instal any addons/soundpacks etc.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

anyways answer is pretty much the same, that just means your client is running out of memory (for whatever the reason is), thus just raise your com_hunkmegs to a higher value. if necessary do the same with the com_zonemegs though for the client this is rarely the case. btw it would be good to know what your values that gave you trouble for those variables were. also needless to say but just in case totally unneeded for the people that use the mod as it comes with sensible defaults already. hope that helps.
orgi69
User lv3
User lv3

Post by orgi69 »

Thank you - running out of memory is very possible. Had while playing massive amounts of programs and tabs open in the background. So I finally restarted the PC. If that were te case it shouldn't happen anymore!

thx
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

orgi69 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 16:49 Thank you - running out of memory is very possible. Had while playing massive amounts of programs and tabs open in the background. So I finally restarted the PC. If that were te case it shouldn't happen anymore!

thx
Orgi powerr needed
uZu
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: uZu

Post by uZu »

As a side note, this is usually the case with some either huge or unoptimized maps, a bare minimum of 64 should avoir this memory error, 128 should let you safe for any map.
orgi69
User lv3
User lv3

Post by orgi69 »

uZu wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:31 As a side note, this is usually the case with some either huge or unoptimized maps, a bare minimum of 64 should avoir this memory error, 128 should let you safe for any map.
thank you