Disable sound for chat setting

Quick Unregistered Guest forum.
hublot

Disable sound for chat setting

Post by hublot »

There usually are a lot of console chat messages on unfreeze servers. Unfortunately, there is no way to disable chat sounds in ioquake3.
I've compiled last unfreeze client release (v20.5) with this setting included.
Now you can read all the chat without having the annoying beep sound spam while playing

Here is the link to updated unfreeze-2005.pk3, to replace standard pk3 in unfreeze folder. (the only file changed inside is /vm/cgame.qvm)
https://no215.sharefile.com/d-s0e0a368f ... 11efce4ddf

Usage: type in console/config
cg_nochatbeep 0 - chat sound enabled
cg_nochatbeep 1 - general chat sound disabled
cg_nochatbeep 2 - team and general chat sound disabled

Modified unfreeze source code files if you need that:
https://no215.sharefile.com/d-s856836be ... 690f27fe1d
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: Disable sound for chat setting

Post by adminless »

that's good, I'll add it mainline on next releases, thank you about that.
hublot

Post by hublot »

Hm...
The cg_nochatbeep command working well and does its job.

The problem is that it seems that i haven't built .qvm right. It runs but ignores some config settings like cg_crosshaircolor. And the problem is not in "cg_nochatbeep" implementation (i checked that).

When I was building the qvm from the unfreeze 20.5 source code from your ftp, it printed some errors with variable declarations like:
code/cgame/cg_draw.c:859: undeclared identifier `TINYCHAR_WIDTH'
cg_servercmds.c:478: undeclared identifier `GIANTCHAR_WIDTH'
build/release-mingw32-x86/baseq3/cgame/cg_draw.asm:2124 error: symbol BIGCHAR_WIDTH undefined
build/release-mingw32-x86/baseq3/cgame/bg_misc.asm:2356 error: symbol g_baseq3 undefined

I've tried to fix them and it finished compiling. However it seems that I fixed them in a wrong way.
Don't know how to fix this problem with the unfreeze ignoring config settings.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

adminless wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 23:05 that's good, I'll add it mainline on next releases, thank you about that.
Hi

What's the change that's been made after a round ? Something on the viewing when frozen , seems different

And also used to see bodies explode after each on sure that has gone to
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

@hublot ok, don't worry I'll add it and compile it and post it here later on the evening.

@alyeti frozen spec free roaming has been disabled (i.e. you can only follow another teammate while frozen) as it can be exploited to gain unfair team advantages (i.e. \say_team they are coming/they are camping ra/they are thawing at rg room etc etc) if that's what you mean. other than that nothing changed (just re-tested again now to be sure).
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

adminless wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:01 @hublot ok, don't worry I'll add it and compile it and post it here later on the evening.

@alyeti frozen spec free roaming has been disabled (i.e. you can only follow another teammate while frozen) as it can be exploited to gain unfair team advantages (i.e. \say_team they are coming/they are camping ra/they are thawing at rg room etc etc) if that's what you mean. other than that nothing changed (just re-tested again now to be sure).
Cool sounds good
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

sorry for the unacceptable slow response on this but unfortunately there was other tasks at fpsclasico here that actually required real-time priority and I couldn't deal with this before, I sincerely apologize for that. ok, here you have now the mod pk3 updated with your cg_nochatbeep functionality as well as updated the sources. thank you about that, check it out and let me know if you have some problems now with it. for the rest I took just a quick look and it seems to me like you mixed various codes from various different sources there hence why it's probably broken.
PREPARE LOSS

Post by PREPARE LOSS »

after rewriting the file with the one from the last post, I get the warning "Unclean client detected"

and offtopic ofc :mrgreen:
can I make a suggestion? if you keep making videos from demos, it would be cool if you set the following ones:

cg_drawtimer 1
cg_drawcrosshairnames 1
cg_drawAttacker 1

adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yes I know I didn't have time to update the clean database with the latest build yet, sorry about that. I was still looking forward adding a few other things to it before pushing it to the server, so hopefully I'll can do that "soon" (in the "short" term can't precise more at the moment sorry). cg_drawtimer in my opinion to producing videos is largely unneeded, I mean, you have the timer on the video player itself. the other ones I can consider them although probably they are very annoying in my opinion.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, mod update (unfreeze-2005.pk3) added now to the clean database. sorry for the slow response.