new fpsclasico client community edition package

UnFreeZe Game Servers News forum.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: new fpsclasico client community edition package

Post by adminless »

lol by the landscape thing I didn't mean a "function" on your phone I just meant orienting yourself the phone in landscape mode (i.e. physically turn it landscape on your hand) before launching the app and then the game should display (and stay even if you "tab" out) that way for the rest of the session. yeah I know that's why I said touch controls aren't my priority, my priority is that the game runs (and it seems it does) and that it's playable with physical input to the best of the device capability of course. cool 75-100 fps is a little less than my estimation probably (you could gain more by reducing graphical settings, it's shipped as a desktop version, i.e. on max) but it's a decent value to run the game nevertheless.
9ll Belarus
User lv4
User lv4

Post by 9ll Belarus »

Code: Select all

device were you trying to install it?
Sony Xpeia Z3
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

mmmm that's a quality phone right there, pre-2015 but mid/high end grade phone. I mean, it even has mhl support that provided you setup Bluetooth input you could use it as a "micro-box" to play this on a physical screen. same goes for the hardware and the storage, 16/32 GB of storage and 3 GB ram, with that you should have enough to run this, pretty much that's what ended becoming the "norm" and base-line on the 2015+ devices the app targets. it's unfortunate they haven't keep up with the system as that's a perfectly Nougat capable device at least. anyways I'll see if I can do something but it's kind of tricky and unfortunately adding support for old Android versions many times means that support for newer versions becomes sub-optimal and then incompatibilities or issues may appear on more recent versions. thanks for the input if anything I'll let you know.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

I got message missing pak0 ... File
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

imprecise
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: imprecise

Post by imprecise »

thank you for your help Adminless :)

I finally managed to modify the display by first launching the messaging then I switched my phone so that it goes into landscape mode then I went to the app and I launched sdlioq3a and Quake III Arena opened in landscape mode, too cool it's much more readable and appreciable as a display :thumbup:

if you wish, tell me which graphics settings you want me to lower and I will do a new test for fps

in addition, I imagine that to watch demos I just have to create a demo folder in Phone\Android\data\de.fpsclasico.sdlioq3a\files\unfreeze\demo and add the demos that i want to watch :ugeek:

8-)
"My ability to concentrate is so short that ... Oh a butterfly !"
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

np but I repeat it's not what the phone display at the moment of opening the app that needs to be displaying on landscape, it's just the phone that needs to be physically oriented on landscape itself at the time of launching the app, nothing else. I mean, just close all tabs, go to the apps menu (or if you got it on your home/desktop screen then just there) on normal portrait mode, then once there (before tapping the sdlioq3a app) turn it 90 degrees and tap the sdlioq3a, nothing else. it should just launch "properly" (I mean as you expect it), at least that's how I do/test it here. well if you want just for curiosity you can try if the different graphic profiles (i.e. fast, fastest, medium etc) at the in-game menu make some difference on your device though anyways I repeat 75-100 fps is perfectly fine for a phone to run this. don't forget to accept the changes and probably restart the app (so it catches the proper settings) as to the best of my experience android devices doesn't support image display scaling (meaning then the image would get squared). if you also finally got physical input and access to the console you can try with the hardcore settings (i.e. \exec hardcore) and see how that makes it there.
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5

Post by imprecise »

apparently my phone does not go into landscape mode from the home screen or the screen with the apps icons, but on the other hand I can also go through parameters, then applications, there I turn the phone to 90 degree it switches to landscape mode and I run sdlioq3a which opens in landscape mode in full screen

I tried for the different graphic profiles of the setup (fast, normal, etc ...) but that has the consequence of reducing the display to really small after acceptance (more than half, square format as you mentioned ), and if I close everything and restart I am again on custom and on a few attempts I had an error message telling me that the app had started with inappropriate graphics settings

sorry no physical input and therefore no console access to test / hardcore exec
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, good to know, as I said from what I had tested so far it worked for me just like that. I guess then I'll note it for a future update and may be I try forcing it to landscape on launch, I'll see. thanks for testing it out and getting back to me. for the rest yes I know, that's what I was talking about no display scaling on Android (apparently by "default"/"standard"/"stock"), regardless, after re-launch the app the previous settings (with the exception of the proper resolution of course) are carried over so it should make a difference. if you're curious for a quick alike "hardcore" settings you can just do "fastest" on the menu (accept and relaunch) and then edit cfg for r_picmiip 16. that will give something similar and about max possible fps for your device.
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5

Post by imprecise »

I just did what you told me, I launched the game then I selected FastFast in the graphics settings, I accepted then I quit the game and I closed all the apps. Then I modified the ioq3config.cfg file with r_picmip 16, it was on 2 and I restarted the game, no display problems it starts correctly with the picmip at 16, the fps is now between 100 and 125 , then I went back to the graphics settings and it was back to custom.

I also forgot to tell you that near my touch key to go back, I also have a keyboard key that appears and that offers me to select a Samsung keyboard or Google voice input (which I do not use) this only when I am on the menu, once entered the game I no longer have keyboard access or keyboard selection
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

that's cool, +100 fps was the expectation for me on that device (with mid settings probably but more or less). yes the custom display on the settings is because some of them (the resolution basically) get override when you re-launch the game (with that of your device hence is custom not the "fastest" anymore). yes, the on-screen keyboard shows up because it was still a initial version, I'm still working out that on a update I guess it won't show anymore and then may be once everything have been tested further may be I consider supporting it (or not). thanks for the tests and feedback.
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5

Post by imprecise »

thank you for your thanks but it seems quite normal and justified to me to help you as best as i can when i see all the work you do for us players. I am grateful to you :thumbup:
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

btw just as a update on this for those using this package (fpsclasico-client-community-edition.zip) finally today I put together a new version containing the latest patches as well as synced with the other (legacy) package so make sure to update and let me know if something broke or just anything about it. as usual please before anything (i.e. adding other customization, your cfg etc) just try the package "as-is" to rule any potential incompatibility and get all the new changes. don't expect any major updates or surprises here though as is just the usual maintenance/revision of the same old package (i.e. a few patches/adjustments/updates here and there) yet those using it are strongly advised to update. so far I've been testing it these last days (both in Windows and Linux) and I think that for the most part it's finally starting to catch up with the well known legacy 32 bits package. I think that this time it really turned a solid package as well, matter of facts, I believe that probably in not so long this might even actually end up being the recommended and main package. unfortunately I wasn't able to test it on macOS (as I don't have a Macintosh machine, I opted instead for a chromebook as spare) so it would be great if someone could give it a few plays on a mac and let me know if it worked as well or anything. initially beside the way of running third party apps that is always gonna vary from mac to mac it should work all the same as tested on previous version, the only difference is that this time due the more sensible updated code the base macOS target version is 10.8/"Mountain Lion" instead of 10.7/"Lion" so pretty much it should keep the same 10 years (approx) of supported machines all the same at the time of writing. in that regard if someone just prefer to try the mac binaries from console instead of having to download and deal with the whole package you can probably give a try just to this ioquake3-osx.tar.gz small binary package obviously uncompressed and run from the root of your installation.
aimer
User lv4
User lv4

Post by aimer »

Can confirm it works on mac (M1 Pro running on macOS Ventura).
Being an x86_84 binary, it runs with "Rosetta" on arm machines but i didn't notice any significant performance issue. However, to run it you need to give the binary executable permissions (chmod +x ioquake3-osx.x86_64) and remove the quarantine flag since the binary is not signed (sudo xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine ioquake3-osx.x86_64)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

great news then thank you very much about that. yes currently the packages are only pc compatible as I wrote at other thread the past year I bough a cheap mediatek chromebook (among other reasons but also) exactly for that reason, to get going also with some 64 bit arm builds. unfortunately I just made it to the bare kernel console there and as I was rolling out the graphical interface to get things going the old server died so that among things I ended up running out of time for that by now. hopefully at some point during the year or so I'll resume and complete that so I'll keep this updated as usual. by looking at it now I think that next time I'll probably just target a macOS 11+ x86_64/arm64 "universal" build, probably I could even build that without that much trouble by now but I'd prefer to go first for the chromebook so I can at least test that some before (the mac builds are essentially Linux builds). the downside of such build is that at the time of writing it would only run on a two years old mac (approx) so by now I'll go for the 10.8+ x86_64 target that should have much better coverage (approx ten years which should cover virtually any mac on meaningful active duty I'd say) so great to known they are working. thanks about that, I added also a note with your remarks to run it to that small binary package.