I am new at Q3 community

Introduce Yourself here.
HalBenHB
User lv1
User lv1

I am new at Q3 community

Post by HalBenHB »

Hello.
I used to play a lot Quake 3 Arena years ago. Then, I discovered there are different modes in multiplayer mode. There were only laser gun (railgun in original name but I used to say it), no death just freezing and unfreezing via teammates. I've loved it. Some servers had only load same q3dm7 map ever and ever. But still that was one of my biggest pleasure to play Unfreeze in this map with crowded teams. I know now this mode is called Unfreeze. Years later, I saw Q3A on Steam and I wanted to come back.

It wasn't surprise there are still active multiplayer mode. However, in Unfreeze servers, somethings are different. Now, there are more guns and 200 health. So, it is not possible to freeze an enemy only one shot. Usually it goes like this: if red team is completely destroyed, next round all members of red team have 200 health and this is a big advantage. This time red get the upper hand and destroy blue. Next round, blue is in advantage. I do not like this game rules very much. Further, we cannot launch ourselves with laser gun, we can do it rocket launcher now :(

I still like the new version of Unfreeze, I want to experience nostalgia. When I learned mod name, Unfreeze, I searched for it and found here. Then, I'm actually confused about here. Why is there another client for Q3? Original game still works fine. Also, I asked about "only laser unfreeze server" in one of the servers and someone say I should search for "laser of the future maximum unfreeze .dk". I couldn't find anything and ask again. Then, I'm replied as "You must have credit." What credit are you talking about? He said I should buy credit from idsoftware but I also couldn't find anything about it. I really feel like an alien or grandpa here :wtf:. Can someone explain these questions please? And of course, what is "laser of the future maximum unfreeze .dk", is there still an only laser unfreeze server?

Thank you for reading so far. As I said, I'm new in this community :)
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Re: I am new at Q3 community

Post by PacMan »

Have you tried the client ?and you will see ,uch faster and smoother in my.opinion and is setup ready to go on the freeze servers setup by admin

Especially.enemy being green asses with purple heads

Welcome by the way
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

hello and welcome to the forum

people have trolled you basically. the mode you're looking for is called instagib and it has nothing to do with game "credits" and/or "secret" codes, it just has to do with a server that runs that mode and at the moment fpsclasico doesn't run any such mode. at the moment the Quake III Arena servers that host fpsclasico are modded all weapons servers which generaly appeal to a broader group of people (as can be seen) as well as have a deeper and far richer gameplay than just what you descrived. unfortunately as you can understand is not possible to run a server to the exact likes of pretty much every single one. if we were to do so we would probably end up with a hundred death, empty servers which is no good, I guess.

for the rest, in tune with the previous point the changes at what you refer come from the need to provide a more balanced and exciting game and as yeti have mentioned the optional provided client is offereded as a way to improve the game as it comes with plenty of fixes as well as new additions and pretty much pre-configured and tested for a adequate expienrence here.
Dr.GreenThumb
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Dr.GreenThumb

Post by Dr.GreenThumb »

HalBenHB wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 0:11 However, in Unfreeze servers, somethings are different. Now, there are more guns and 200 health. So, it is not possible to freeze an enemy only one shot. Usually it goes like this: if red team is completely destroyed, next round all members of red team have 200 health and this is a big advantage. This time red get the upper hand and destroy blue. Next round, blue is in advantage. I do not like this game rules very much. Further, we cannot launch ourselves with laser gun, we can do it rocket launcher now :(
Hi, welcome to the community! :wave:

What you describe about teams spawning with full health and destroying the other team right away - sometimes it happens that way, yes. But if you play enough here, you will see that of the 10 rounds in a game, many times the score is 10-8, 10-7, sometimes even 10-5 or 10-3...and that is with a best-effort auto-balance to equal out significant differences! So...that sort of tells you that the spawning team "always" destroying the other team as a rule is simply not the case.

There are players in this community who can single-handedly turn a game completely. I've seen games at score 9-2, that ended up being 9-10 after such player joins...team strategy and the ability to play as a team can also rule that over. So my recommendation is to spend more time here, and try different times to play as the game dynamic changes on 22 player full server vs. 4on4 at an early 1AM...or an early afternoon.

Instagib is okay, I used to play that a lot myself, but I find the Unfreeze mod here significantly more fun in the long run, as instagib eventually just gets boring, especially if a rail master (like pacMANIA/alyeti) joins the game :D
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: imprecise

Post by imprecise »

:wave: Hello HalBenHB & welcome to fps.clasico
"My ability to concentrate is so short that ... Oh a butterfly !"
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

Dr.GreenThumb wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:12
HalBenHB wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 0:11 However, in Unfreeze servers, somethings are different. Now, there are more guns and 200 health. So, it is not possible to freeze an enemy only one shot. Usually it goes like this: if red team is completely destroyed, next round all members of red team have 200 health and this is a big advantage. This time red get the upper hand and destroy blue. Next round, blue is in advantage. I do not like this game rules very much. Further, we cannot launch ourselves with laser gun, we can do it rocket launcher now :(
Hi, welcome to the community! :wave:

What you describe about teams spawning with full health and destroying the other team right away - sometimes it happens that way, yes. But if you play enough here, you will see that of the 10 rounds in a game, many times the score is 10-8, 10-7, sometimes even 10-5 or 10-3...and that is with a best-effort auto-balance to equal out significant differences! So...that sort of tells you that the spawning team "always" destroying the other team as a rule is simply not the case.

There are players in this community who can single-handedly turn a game completely. I've seen games at score 9-2, that ended up being 9-10 after such player joins...team strategy and the ability to play as a team can also rule that over. So my recommendation is to spend more time here, and try different times to play as the game dynamic changes on 22 player full server vs. 4on4 at an early 1AM...or an early afternoon.

Instagib is okay, I used to play that a lot myself, but I find the Unfreeze mod here significantly more fun in the long run, as instagib eventually just gets boring, especially if a rail master (like pacMANIA/alyeti) joins the game :D

You know if my connection behaves I rail ur ass

Game tactics as you say is the way , especially if you play enuf and know your team mates lol hence LG is good weapon to injure and not score and your better team mates will do the rest , atleast that' my game plan sometimes

Orgi is one of those players if the mood can turn a he upside down lol , for some reason he always joins on opposing team to me ........
orgi69
User lv3
User lv3

Post by orgi69 »

HalBenHB wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 0:11 [...]Then, I'm replied as "You must have credit." What credit are you talking about? He said I should buy credit from idsoftware but I also couldn't find anything about it. I really feel like an alien or grandpa here :wtf:.
Sorry for that, I wasn't aware you take this as a serious advise :lol:

Welcome :-)

Orgi is one of those players if the mood can turn a he upside down lol , for some reason he always joins on opposing team to me ........
Ya, because you talk too much about men-asses.... ;)
nickaero
User lv4
User lv4

Post by nickaero »

Orgi bad