UnFreeZe Game Servers Downloads & Documentation

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.
LeopolD
User lv2
User lv2

Re: UnFreeZe Game Servers Downloads & Documentation

Post by LeopolD »

After being away for a few months I started playing again and today downloaded and installed the new package ioq3v6-unfreeze-client-v20.5.zip, unzipped it and stuffed pak0.pk3 in. Started just fine with everything set up quite nicely. Good job again, especially on the /exec training[12], that is very handy to check out settings etc.

A few points:
a) This is on a linux machine, I did _not_ cleanup $HOME/.q3a/unfreeze which contained a q3config.cfg (I don't use any autoexec mechanism in baseq3 or unfreeze), however on startup it overwrote my binds and also set some strange resolution (easy enough to fix, so np). I think it at least import the binds from an existing config, would be an even nicer package.
b) Wishlist: call me a nerd, but I like to have a knob for 250 fps since my monitor runs at 240hz. With 200 fps the difference is barely noticable with high picmip, however with picmip 0-1 it is a little unsmooth.
c) I had no teamoverlay (playing on unfreeze.fpsclasico.de) nor did I see health/armor when pointing at teammates, is that expected (I had cg_teamoverlay2 "1" in the existing q3config.cfg in $HOME/.q3a/unfreeze).
d) Your (very good) models appear darker and more affected by light sources etc (just like baseq3 models) with quake3e (an alternate engine), is there a way to fix that or an engine limitation/enhancement?)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

under normal circumstances (i.e. unless you force it) it won't touch anything on ~/.q3a or old cfgs. this is so to prevent issues from crossing different installations/files. I want people to get a fresh start with the package. the command for the team overlay is "\cg_drawTeamOverlay 1" (default normal command btw) and as of now there's no support for extra in-game overlay info, sorry about that. the model fixed light is a engine feature not a mod feature therefor that requires using the ioq3v6 (with \r_fixedlight 153 for example or another value) to work. by concept it won't work on other engines just like that (i.e. that entirely depends on the engine).

on the past was tried to run the game at more than 200 fps and it resulted in degraded overall network/gameplay performance, therefor it was capped to 200 fps as the best option. if 200 doesn't sync good with your hardware you can try "\com_framelimiter vq3". that will give classic vq3 fps which may sync a little better for you particularly.
LeopolD
User lv2
User lv2

Post by LeopolD »

Thanks for all the info, will try the cg_drawteamoverlay 1.

\com_framelimiter vq3 will give 125 fps which looks like a slideshow on a 240hz screen:) 200 fps is ok with picmip 5 so I'll use that.
viper++
User lv3
User lv3
in-game nick: .DC!Viper++!?

Post by viper++ »

hi, i downloaded this
ioQ3v6 UnFreeZe Client v20.5 package: ioq3v6-unfreeze-client-v20.5.zip
There are a lot of files but the only stuff im interested is the part of accuracy label on scores table.
someone knows what are the specific files only for run this add?
Thanks in advance
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

the code responsible for that is on the client game mod file which is inside the unfreeze-2005.pk3 pak at the unfreeze folder of that package.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok guys just as a remainder/update here please notice that the current well known provided package has been revised to a new 2021 edition you can download here (ioq3v6-unfreeze-client-v20.5a.zip - 246.32 MiB) with latest fixes and updates for the known issues that arose during this time as well as fully produced on a up-to-2021 building environment. as usual, make sure to grab that to stay in-sync with the latest tested version for best experience at the well known provided fpsclasico servers.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

adminless wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:15 ok guys just as a remainder/update here please notice that the current well known provided package has been revised to a new 2021 edition you can download here (ioq3v6-unfreeze-client-v20.5a.zip - 246.32 MiB) with latest fixes and updates for the known issues that arose during this time as well as fully produced on a up-to-2021 building environment. as usual, make sure to grab that to stay in-sync with the latest tested version for best experience at the well known provided fpsclasico servers.

Hi I might have missed the answer or forget to ask lol, if we unpack that into existing client folder will it mess up my.client config?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

the recommended and tested procedure is to unpack somewhere else, typically on the Desktop, which will create a new ioq3v6-unfreeze-client-v20.5a folder, then put your original pak0.pk3 file inside the baseq3 folder and then double click the binary/executable of your choice and let alone any other installation. after that if everything went fine you can try simply copying your previous cfg inside the unfreeze folder as ufconfig-2005.cfg, or ufconfig-lowend-2005.cfg/ufconfig-legacy-2005.cfg depending on the version you using, and if that also worked fine then you can proceed by simply removing your previous installation altogether (i.e. entirely delete from your computer the previous ioq3v6-unfreeze-client-v20.5 folder). that's how it's supposed to be done, hope that helps.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

Ok thanks

When you coming to get fragged admin? Unfreeze needs you!
dktr
User lv1
User lv1

Post by dktr »

Unfreeze is great, we often play with friends but we have a weak ping, will I find server configuration files the same as in 37.120.182.194:27960 somewhere so that I can run locally and play in our large LAN?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

no, unfortunately all the server related stuff here is private and there's no plans for a public release either, not at least so far. however that being said if you just want to have some local UnFreeZe like experience just for that, fun and local play and so, the client gamemod/packages come embedded with two training games you can just locally activate by doing \exec training1 or \exec training2 from the menus and then probably get your pals to join in too. in my opinion those are great too so hope that helps some at least.
uZu
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: uZu

Post by uZu »

Hello,
just FYI, the link to unfreeze-2005.pk3 on the download page is broken (currently pointing to ftp://ftp.fpsclasico.de/ioq3v6-unfreeze ... e-2004.pk3)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

damn, that was terrible, major apologizes about that, just fixed now, check again. thank you very much for report.
uZu
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: uZu

Post by uZu »

You're welcome and np, that was easy to get the correct pk3 anyway ;)
The link is just fine now, thank you
Sl33p3r
User lv1
User lv1

Post by Sl33p3r »

ioq3v6-unfreeze-client-v20.5a.zip
This link is not working for me