Autobalance - why are you so weird

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.
Dr.GreenThumb
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Dr.GreenThumb

Re: Autobalance - why are you so weird

Post by Dr.GreenThumb »

Gotcha. Thanks.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

adminless wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 17:10 yes very likely. the bots are more or less tuned for the average public random player skill level, or in other words, for them to be able to play the game but without being too "annoying" for anybody.
Admin dude just nudging this topic, is there a way to stop aut balance switching me more than twice? Some games I get switched three times or more

With client it's easy as enemy are green lol but sometimes it's unnecessary, my complaint is being switched more than twice

Thanks

Wtf.pacman
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

damn that's unfortunate, sorry about that, but currently that's the best the auto balance can do so far though I'd try to take it in account somehow. unlucky, thanks for feedback.
Boones
User lv3
User lv3

Post by Boones »

Hello. Question to Admin. Does someone from wtf clan, club or whatever they are have ref on your servers? Yesterday In every game they always wind up in one team making the teams unbalanced with team scores ending often 10-1 10-2 etc. I asked it during the games but no one answered so that's why I wright it here. They have ref on your servers and are allowed to do things like that or did they just abuse autobalance?
Sorry if this is a stupid question or written in the wrong topic. I'm new to this forum and to fpsclasico servers.

P.S. Nice servers You have. Just like the hiszy ones. Props for keeping Q3A alive.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

hello nice to see some long standers still around, welcome to the forum. rather than being ref (there's no such thing to start with here btw) those are banned (to some extend) so no, they are not any kind of ref or anything. they are just a bunch of pussies than can't even take a pub game and always resort to any kind of abuse/exploit to get their way. ok, not the first time they gang together to ruin the game so I guess that I'll start by banning them in one way or another. thanks for report.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

adminless wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:07 hello nice to see some long standers still around, welcome to the forum. rather than being ref (there's no such thing to start with here btw) those are banned (to some extend) so no, they are not any kind of ref or anything. they are just a bunch of pussies than can't even take a pub game and always resort to any kind of abuse/exploit to get their way. ok, not the first time they gang together to ruin the game so I guess that I'll start by banning them in one way or another. thanks for report.
Mostly only Porsche and berkut they go spec or leave game and renter

But in fairness to them blade and Kyra do this almost every game , they may not like me using them as an example but it messes game up same way in my opinion

Just keeping things in perspective about banning etc
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

I know (probably not to that extend but yes more or less the same too), I'll make sure to spec ban those too then. thanks for report.
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: imprecise

Post by imprecise »

Hi Adminless

the other day I played a game where we were 8 players and the autobalance distributed to us like this: Orgi69 + Sonic + 2 newbies vs myself + 3 newbies

i.e. 2 very good railers + 2 newbies vs 4 newbies

this is not the first time that I have seen this kind of situation ...
and that makes very unbalanced games

question: why the very good railers and the very good players are not always distributed fairly in the teams?

anyway, thank you for all the work you do and which allows us all to play together

thank you in advance for the answer
"My ability to concentrate is so short that ... Oh a butterfly !"
Boones
User lv3
User lv3

Post by Boones »

adminless wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:07 hello nice to see some long standers still around, welcome to the forum. rather than being ref (there's no such thing to start with here btw) those are banned (to some extend) so no, they are not any kind of ref or anything. they are just a bunch of pussies than can't even take a pub game and always resort to any kind of abuse/exploit to get their way. ok, not the first time they gang together to ruin the game so I guess that I'll start by banning them in one way or another. thanks for report.
Ok. Understand a little bit better now what is going on. Thx for the reply.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

imprecise wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 18:59 Hi Adminless

the other day I played a game where we were 8 players and the autobalance distributed to us like this: Orgi69 + Sonic + 2 newbies vs myself + 3 newbies

i.e. 2 very good railers + 2 newbies vs 4 newbies

this is not the first time that I have seen this kind of situation ...
and that makes very unbalanced games

question: why the very good railers and the very good players are not always distributed fairly in the teams?

anyway, thank you for all the work you do and which allows us all to play together

thank you in advance for the answer
I wonder is there anyway to rank players average and autobalance swaps them

Hahaha would be messy
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

@imprecise the autobalance doesn't take into account the play style (i.e. weapon choices and so) but rather the performance so I guess the fact the "railers" got together is a mere coincidence as well as the outcome (likely from what you tell somebody from those either ouperformed or underperformed big on the previous game which is what led to a sub par balance on next game, that's just the way it's).

@pacman I don't really get what you mean, as stated other times, sure the autobalance is far from perfect but it's a realistically good enough proven solution nevertheless. I honestly don't see much room for improvement without making a huge mess and pretty much pissing off everyone just as you say.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

adminless wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 23:17 @imprecise the autobalance doesn't take into account the play style (i.e. weapon choices and so) but rather the performance so I guess the fact the "railers" got together is a mere coincidence as well as the outcome (likely from what you tell somebody from those either ouperformed or underperformed big on the previous game which is what led to a sub par balance on next game, that's just the way it's).

@pacman I don't really get what you mean, as stated other times, sure the autobalance is far from perfect but it's a realistically good enough proven solution nevertheless. I honestly don't see much room for improvement without making a huge mess and pretty much pissing off everyone just as you say.
Lol I was just messing

agreed with what you say it generally works and can be messy if to much tinkered with
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: imprecise

Post by imprecise »

@Adminless, Thanks for the explanations about the autobalance
"My ability to concentrate is so short that ... Oh a butterfly !"
Boones
User lv3
User lv3

Post by Boones »

WhoamI, Berkut and Porsche. They still keep abusing autobalance. Most probably they talk to each other during the game because you often have to play against 2 or all 3 of them at the same time. Can You also eliminate the respawn in BFG room on dm14? WhoamI enjoys shooting you with rail during respawns so that you end up in lava with no chances of avoiding it. Kinda annoying and pointless to wait 2-3 minutes for next round when it's not even your own fault. :yawn:
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Post by fernandinho1337 »

Boones wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:09
WhoamI, Berkut and Porsche. They still keep abusing autobalance. Most probably they talk to each other during the game because you often have to play against 2 or all 3 of them at the same time. Can You also eliminate the respawn in BFG room on dm14? WhoamI enjoys shooting you with rail during respawns so that you end up in lava with no chances of avoiding it. Kinda annoying and pointless to wait 2-3 minutes for next round when it's not even your own fault. :yawn:
unfair criticism of wtf players in my opinion. as far as i know they have never used teamspeak. when they are in a team they just stick together and play defensively. that is completely legal and practised by most people in evening games. it annoys me as well sometimes especially when I want to play aggressively but I would not even consider that an exploit or similar. When WhoAmI shoots you with the rail when you respawn that is also part of the game. I understand that you are frustrated but things that frustrate you are part of the game. I think they are actually "real bugs" in the game that sometimes gets exploited (and adminless fixed quite some of them already). instead of going after specific players I would rather see adminless adjusting the game (e.g. removing the spawn or changing the random spawn logic).

my two cents,
Last edited by fernandinho1337 on Tue Jan 23, 2024 20:20, edited 1 time in total.