2020 spring masters champion tittle defense/challenge

classic Quake III Arena master duels tournaments forum.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

2020 spring masters champion tittle defense/challenge

Post by adminless »

ok to celebrate the release of the new ioq3v6-unfreeze-client-v20.4.zip finally compatible (just compatible not perfect as the UnFreeZe thing) with the masters server and following the new format introduced on the last fight I also launch here a new tittle defense/challenge. I won't set deadlines this time, I just open the thread and I hope that at some time or another some fight will just end happening. that being said, I still look forward having a champion in the next weeks or a month at most. so whoever is interested in participate on some ranked duel here for a masters tittle this is your chance, don't miss it and join the thread.

current champion is aimer, initially he seems active so I understand that he'll have no problems and will be interested in defend his tittle. that leaves us only to a challenger (unless he declines and the tittle becomes vacant). I don't know who can show up or who can be interest so we'll see, better not anticipate situations on this, but possible suggestions could be a rehearsal aimer-whoami fight or a rematch of the previous title fight (aimer-jutuli). anyways one thing is clear the format will be that of a title fight, I rule out previous tournament formats, they didn't work out. if various people join, I'll set the most balanced/ranked fight according to the (mainstream) servers stats/rank or may be even do a qualifying round if there's enough interest.

for the rest I believe that you don't need me to repeat you yet again all the same things. if someone (may be new) has any questions/requests or anything just post it here. only as a reminder remember that you have to chose two different maps from the official server map pool posted bellow (no downloads required, other than the official ioq3v6-unfreeze-client-v20.4.zip package) prior to the fight and that there's the no written, not enforced to some extend, rule of trying to set matches all in different maps. the random tie-breaker map that came out was q3tourney3 but as you know we can chose any other one if everybody agrees (me included, though surprisingly this time the random one even seems fitting).

map pool: bloodcovenant hektik_b3 hub3aeroq3 hub3tourney1 phantq3dm1_rev pro-q3dm13 pro-q3dm6 pro-q3tourney2 pro-q3tourney4 pro-q3tourney7 pukka3tourney2 q3dm2 q3dm5 q3tourney3 qxtourney1 ztn3tourney1
aimer
User lv4
User lv4

Re: 2020 spring masters champion tittle defense/challenge

Post by aimer »

I don't mind another game if there is interest for it.
I tend to be available to play early in the morning (like now :-)) or at weekends like last time.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok cool then we'll wait for someone to show up. mornings are probably complicated, yes, I think Sunday afternoons like previous time are probably better. good, if someone comes up we could set this fight the Sunday may be, we'll see.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, looks like WhoAmI has no interest in making that aimer/WhoAmI fight happen and he basically pulled out from it. well, that then lead us to the aimer/kra7os fight for this event. initially I propose the Sunday 10 of May 2020 at 18:00 CEST as date for it, though we can just set up other dates. then please answer you both here when you can play as well as your map picks.
aimer
User lv4
User lv4

Post by aimer »

can do this sunday at 18 CET
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, that's great then, let's see if Kra7oS replies too and we can finally complete this event. by the way what maps would you like to play? apparently the tie-breaker (if needed) that came out was q3tourney3 don't know how you see that?
aimer
User lv4
User lv4

Post by aimer »

Not a huge fan of Hell's Gate as a tie breaker, it does not seem the best way to decide a 5 maps game to me.
Let's see if Kra7os is interested in playing first, then we can decide the maps :-)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

I know Kra7oS interest seems to vary greatly depending on the day week but anyways I would still expect him to come looking for this by the weekend if not then shame on him. I don't know what he will pick but by now he mostly played pro-q3tourney2 or pro-q3tourney4 and bloodcovenant. I wouldn't expect his selections to vary much from that. as for tny3, I know, it was just what randomly came out, probably pro-q3dm6 could be a better option.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

well, looks like I've been proven wrong and Kra7oS went missing. ok then I think that if he doesn't show up today I'll red card him and he won't be eligible to participate anymore in any organized event here. unlucky, seems like we're gonna need to look for another challenger.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, nothing then, the day have ended and we haven't heard anything from Kra7oS since like a week, big shame on him. be it, he is officially red carded now and no longer eligible to participate in any more organized fights here at least for a few seasons.