reDIRKulous demo video & game settings/help

User's Guides & Help forum.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

reDIRKulous demo video & game settings/help

Post by fernandinho1337 »

Hello,

since I am accused to be cheating on a regular basis I recorded a game off my screen and uploaded it to youtube. you can see what i see when i played the game (except for gamma and contrast which is a bit messy). so you can tell i am using osp mod with classic tournament settings (my old config from 2003). you can see my zoom script, the rocket damage bug which appeared the first time to me on the server on this match, you can hear the sounds i hear...so if anyone cares to watch have fun :-)

best regards
tar
User lv4
User lv4

Re: Fakers/ Cheaters

Post by tar »

The bug is not that you do not do any rocket damage - instead you do not receive any rocket damage as you can clearly see on the non-existing rocket damage your enemy makes on you after your question 6:50-6:56.

Furthermore you do not suffer from any shooting lags as I experience regularly, e.g. when I want to shoot around a corner and the shoot reacts only until when I am behind the wall again resulting in a wall shot which also affects my overall movement negatively. Perhaps it's because of the lower ping, perhaps it is caused by my settings.

Could you upload your config file(s) and are you using any other pk3s than unfreeze?

Btw. how did you record this? As far as I see no record display you did it live, I guess?
newb.zi (stats · system)
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

tar wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:15 The bug is not that you do not do any rocket damage - instead you do not receive any rocket damage as you can clearly see on the non-existing rocket damage your enemy makes on you after your question 6:50-6:56.
That is my wicked ninja movement. I do not see a bug there j/k
tar wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:15 Furthermore you do not suffer from any shooting lags as I experience regularly, e.g. when I want to shoot around a corner and the shoot reacts only until when I am behind the wall again resulting in a wall shot which also affects my overall movement negatively. Perhaps it's because of the lower ping, perhaps it is caused by my settings.
I guess thats unlagged feature. For weapons like MG SG LG RG it simulates zero ping. So when someone with a high ping and rail hits you, you get the information very "late" because he has a high ping to the server and that is why it feels you are already behind the wall and get the hit.

What settings do you use? I have rate 25000 snaps 60 cl_maxpackets 125 cl_timenudge 0
tar wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:15 Could you upload your config file(s) and are you using any other pk3s than unfreeze?
I can do that later. I do not have unfreeze installed. I have OSP Mod 1.03a (http://www.orangesmoothie.org/download.html). it was accidental when i played the first time on the unfreeze server. my quake automatically loaded OSP mod. since then I am using it. I do not have an unfreeze folder in q3 folder. i just have .../quake3/osp and the mod is in osp folder.
tar wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:15 Btw. how did you record this? As far as I see no record display you did it live, I guess?
I use OBS studio and for cutting avidemux. i recorded it live (it was important to me so anybody can see what i see and i am not running it of a demo, so there is no way I am hiding a wallhack or anything).

best regards
tar
User lv4
User lv4

Post by tar »

I guess thats unlagged feature. For weapons like MG SG LG RG it simulates zero ping. So when someone with a high ping and rail hits you, you get the information very "late" because he has a high ping to the server and that is why it feels you are already behind the wall and get the hit.

What settings do you use? I have rate 25000 snaps 60 cl_maxpackets 125 cl_timenudge 0
I meant my own shot reacts sometimes too late resulting that I hit the corner instead of shooting before. This also causes sometimes failed rocket jumps.

Got rate 25000, snaps 40, cl_maxpackets 125, cl_timenudge 0 - so only the snaps are different. Will try it with snaps 60.

I will try OSP and OBS as it did not really work well with Fraps (stuttering and I don't know how I should convert the framerate).
newb.zi (stats · system)
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

snaps is like sv_fps. if sv_fps is lower than snaps snaps automatically adjusts to it.
so i guess server runs with a value from 20 to 40 so u r good to go with 40. it wont change anything. i dont know why you have that output lag. could be anything. do u have constant fps? i guess so...
tar
User lv4
User lv4

Re: reDIRKulous demo video & game settings/help

Post by tar »

I just tried OBS studio but as soon as I start Q3 the recorded video only shows a black screen. The sound is still there. Whats wrong?
newb.zi (stats · system)
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

do you have multiple monitors?

in my case it pretty much ran out of the box...
tar
User lv4
User lv4

Post by tar »

Yes, but even when I deactivate the second one (tv) and reset the record display it just records a black screen as soon as I start Q3.
Last edited by tar on Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:25, edited 2 times in total.
newb.zi (stats · system)
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

do you see in the preview mode the desktop? what if u run quake in a window? what do you see then?
tar
User lv4
User lv4

Post by tar »

Got it fixed by adding a source with multi-adapter-compatibility and the corresponding window.
newb.zi (stats · system)
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

cool,

im excited to see how you will hide your cheats
tar
User lv4
User lv4