COMMUNITY: Discord server For UnFreeze/FreeFun

Express Yourself here.
KOTOVSKI
User lv2
User lv2

COMMUNITY: Discord server For UnFreeze/FreeFun

Post by KOTOVSKI »

Hello guys. =>
I didn't find any information on a forum about DISCORD for my favorite Quake 3 server. So I decided to create discord server by my self.

Feel free to join here https://discord.gg/BKMZqvg
You are all welcome! =>

P.S.
To Adminless: I will make you admin of Discord server by first request if you do need that :>...
And, can I spam a lil in game chat asking people to join?
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Re: COMMUNITY: Discord server For UnFreeze/FreeFun

Post by fernandinho1337 »

We have quakenet IRC which hurrenson and I use. We have unfreeze IRC chat by adminless which adminless and I use. So no matter where you go you never find more than two people. I think the idea of having another chat platform is not a good idea. For me, I will not use it unless really a lot of people do so.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

hey hello KOTOVSKI

please be welcome to the forum, nice to have you here, glad to hear you like the servers :) ok, cool as Miro is reporting we already run two chat services, one legacy by the community at the quakenet irc plus and one inside here at fpsclasico.de by me personally, so I'm not personally interested in running/managing yet even more services (specially external services that one way or another always end up being a headache) but I think it's great you guys run one of those on your own. so thanks I appreciate that you offer me to admin there but currently is not possible to me, I'll pm you on the future if I get the option or if I notice something wrong from there.

as for discord spam, hehe yeah discord and spam, I'm sorry but I don't think that it's gonna happen because as you're saying most stuff about discord was just spam therefor the discord word got even disallowed at the servers (as I believe that you probably would have noticed already) in order to prevent just that, people joining here to spam to death about their particular discord channels, that trust me that already happened and it's not nice, so the whole thing got disallowed.

anyways as this time you're running one of your own for us what I've done was simply to set up a pretty dns for you in case you wanna distribute it fairly (not in a annoying spamy way) with the people at the servers then just community.unfreeze.xyz will take you there. so yeah you can share that link at the servers if you want, community.unfreeze.xyz.

see you

PS: ah btw and also deleted your thread at the main forum as it was just a duplicate.
KOTOVSKI
User lv2
User lv2

Post by KOTOVSKI »

Amazing. Thanks a lot. I will be sending messages about discord on server time to time, but not too often. I don't like spam myself. :>
rezta
User lv1
User lv1

Re: February 2024 community event

Post by rezta »

Hello,

Do u guys have a discord server?

Greetings.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

sure the community, not me, runs one such discord server as can be seen here. unfortunately it just happens that it looks like it has been reported during the last weeks that the current well known discord community link posted here has been taken down for whatever the reason is therefor you will have to get in touch with the rest of the community here to get a new one as unfortunately I do not get involved in any discord things. in any case, please be welcome to the forum and I hope that you enjoy your time at fpsclassico.
rezta
User lv1
User lv1

Post by rezta »

adminless wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:56 sure the community, not me, runs one such discord server as can be seen here. unfortunately it just happens that it looks like it has been reported during the last weeks that the current well known discord community link posted here has been taken down for whatever the reason is therefor you will have to get in touch with the rest of the community here to get a new one as unfortunately I do not get involved in any discord things. in any case, please be welcome to the forum and I hope that you enjoy your time at fpsclassico.
Hiya thanks for your replay i hope some one else got a invite for me.
I play Wolfenstein enemy territory still :).

Greetings Ronald.