UnFreeZe Game Servers News forum.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

unfreeze.ga domain got suspended

Post by adminless »

hello guys

well we've got a issue here, starting this morning the unfreeze.ga domain got suspended without a warning or just even a notice by that domain registrar. luckily I had already foreseen such a situation (it's not the first "fancy" domain that breaks to me) and we had long moved from that domain and beside convenience it wasn't being used much anymore. however it's still in use by some dns' (and it will keep being) and as handy shortcut on some places so I'll still have to consider how to deal with this situation in the short term.

by now I dropped a notice to that domain registrar about the issue but knowing them I see it very unlikely that they even respond on the first place let alone that they "fix" it so we'll see but so far I believe that the most plausible and realistic situation is that we simply lost that domain. after digging the issue this morning it looks like "parked" and/or "empty" domains (the domain was not actually parked per se, it was redirected, and it wasn't really "empty" per se either, overall, it was fairly used, but anyways domain ran for more than two years already without issues so stop it now is definitively beyond arbitrary) are not allowed for this sort of fancy domains. that's all that I could find so far (which doesn't even make sense).

so to my experience the most likely is that on some days the whole unfreeze.ga domain names here get actually "parked" (with advertisements) for real by them (which is kinda hypocrite and lame) and that we lost it (that's what apparently ended up happening at my former project so luckily this time I knew it beforehand and therefore I took the necessary steps) thus by these days while I don't get to clear this up if some unfreeze.ga thing it's broken (I mean, it will) just access it directly by ip or through some of the newer domains (fpsclasico.de or fpsclasico.eu).

as usual I'll go updating this post as things go and with more info as it happens.

see you and sorry for the inconvenience.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Re: unfreeze.ga domain got suspended

Post by fernandinho1337 »

hi

what is the ip of the duel server gonna be then?

best regards
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

the ip is 85.10.197.106:27965 but I've just got yet another "trashy" domain (xyz) but this time a little better (xyz is considered as the "new" dot com standard) with a fourth well know company specialized only on domains (a world leading registrar) that I used for years without issues as a replacement for this, so now you should of be able to access the masters server by masters.unfreeze.xyz:27965 instead as usual. also already updated the corresponding gt page:

- https://www.gametracker.com/server_info ... xyz:27965/

I know that it's not the "prefect" solution (the perfect "solution" would have been that this would have never took place, ever) but it's the best solution I came up with on this time frame (just a couple of hours) and anyways this time it's a serious domain registered through a leading well know company so it should do the job. in the evening I will continue to migrate the few remaining unfreeze.ga links to unfreeze.xyz so update your old links (if any) and stay tune for more updates on this.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Post by fernandinho1337 »

sounds good. good job! thank you!

best regards
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok guys job complete here former broken unfreeze.ga domain already replaced by new unfreeze.xyz domain, as well as replaced former (and "new") links (all the relevant if I haven't missed anything), so I believe that by now around half a day later this incident could be considered as "solved" (worked around).

then as mentioned basically what I ended up doing in response to this incident was just to set up a replacement domain, unfreeze.xyz, probably we could just make it without it as hopefully I had pretty much got rid of it (and as you can clearly see now for a very good reason) but anyways I believe that we still hold a interest on some sort of UnFreeZe specific domain for handiness and as spare just in case of issues (again as can be seen) and I must say that after a evening working on it beside the price (yeah this time I got a very good deal on that name but regularly that xyz thing is kinda "expensive" in comparison but well you know the saying, you get what you paid for so it seems clearly) I even came to like it :D

so that's it, remember whoever it's still using some unfreeze related dns' that, well first it's encouraged at least to keep track of the actual newer ones and then to replace the former old unfreeza.ga bookmarks/links with the new xyz extension and you should be good to go already. then please let me know in case you encounter some broken link or can't get something to work.

finally on a positive note I believe that all these kind of external issues that have been taking place around here lately come to show off how much this has grow and how much we have finally established our internet presence :)