UnFreeZe mini-tournament (first edition)

fpsclassico masters 18 - matacristos champion, Miroslav undisputed
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: UnFreeZe mini-tournament

Post by adminless »

@mata sure you explained it properly however from my point of view I believe that you're missing something crucial on your reasoning which is, the magnitude. following your math but to make it round let's say we have 8 players (as I initially suggested on this post and as a "fair" number overall), a league among 8 players would spawn no other than 28 matches and at a 7 days per match (a match per week) rate that gives no less than around 7 months playing matches every single week. and like said that math is assuming that no match would get delayed (which is unrealistic as you evidence yourself) and that's even only for one turn, let's go for a two turns league (home-away format) and we would be talking of years already. bottom line here as you can see it wouldn't be a bad idea but unfortunately it's clearly unmanageable, I believe that the best chances for this are just that 4-8 players mini tournaments on hollydais seasons (Christmas/Summer for example) or just occasionally when they fit. and as for miro I know that it's a disappointing situation but unfortunately there's no many other players that can put up a fight with him (beside some eventual edition champion or a eventual strong serie a) and I don't think that the purpose of the competition here is just go "destroying people's Sundays" (i.e. getting beat 20 or 30 at 1 or perhaps 2 as much week after week) as jutuli is noting himself and, in fact, I don't even think that miro wants that himself. I believe that we're doing this for fun and we're looking mostly for balanced matches were people can enjoy themselves, win some, lose some and overall have a fair chance. so, yeah, I think that that's the idea, to reserve miro only for special matches against the top contenders (unless it fits on a eventual strong serie a). ok, great then it's done, your match will go dm6, aero, ztn, pukka and hub3tny.

@jutuli ok, cool then you can fight Kra7oS this Sunday 18:00 for a introduction match and no 60-70 is definitively not a normal ping for you there, I just checked your ping now server side and it should in the 30-40 range in-game so I don't know, probably it looks like some sort of client configuration issue, use the provided package only for that specific server (q3a-duels_client.zip do not mix it up with UnFreeZe under any circumstance and for any reason) and try resetting your cfg (125 fps, 25000/40/125, same note as before) and see if that helps. btw then what maps are you going to want to play for this match? (both of you, jutuli and Kra7oS) as for the random tie breaker map for this match it just came out now and it's hub3aeroq3.

in addition instead of a official league what I can do it's just some rank post here at this sub-forum to go collecting all these matches besides the eventual tournaments, I think probably that should be the best idea (and I'll do within today or tomorrow).
...jutuli...
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: ...jutuli...

Post by ...jutuli... »

Thanks Mike, I downloaded the client, unfortunately did not work, default.cfg is missing. I have not any default.cfg file at my version of Q3, so I dont know what it wants... I use classic Q3, with OSP 1.03. It is been very long time I configuring every detail in Q3, I forgot a lot of things and - frankly - I have no patience for another experiments... So I will use my version if possible, despite worse ping. Hope I will not have warping, which would be bad for my opponent. Sunday 18:00 is OK, I will ty to not forget it (I am a old man and my memory has lags sometimes ;) I dont really care about the maps, I did not dueling so long, so maybe ztn, dm6 (or pro), t4.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

mmm you didn't put your pak0.pk3 file at the baseq3 folder inside the package you just extracted I guess, did you? ok, then probably unless Kra7oS wanna change maps it will be pro-t2, ztn, pro-dm6, pro-t4, aero and don't worry I'll pm you here at the forum password for the event Sunday in the morning and probably Kra7oS will catch you up at the server with almost total certainty anyways.
...jutuli...
User lv4
User lv4

Post by ...jutuli... »

Ah, pak0 ....did not realized that, done, working, ping 34. Thanks a lot.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

lol ok that's what I was talking about, great then :)
cBs KRA7OS
User lv4
User lv4

Post by cBs KRA7OS »

siema all;p .ok t2, t4 pro6,
and areo musto be? maybe instead of areo dm13 pro? :) It's weekend:) time to kill :) for clarity, we're playing tomorrow on Sunday at 18;00?
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Post by fernandinho1337 »

adminless wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 20:49 I don't think that the purpose of the competition here is just go "destroying people's Sundays" as jutuli is noting himself and, in fact, I don't even think that miro wants that himself.
destroying people is actually not fun to me if it is a 1on1 match. i want to get challenged. but i also would like to play a pickup match once in a while just for fun.

so I dont want to play "newbies" in a best of 5 tournament edition but I would like to see how jutuli does in a duel on his favourite maps. so if you ever bother to play we can try for 1-2 maps and then decide if its fun or not.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

@Kra7oS well if jutuli is ok with pro-q3dm13 as tie breaker map too I believe that then we can do it and yes tomorrow Sunday 18 of November at 18:00 you will fight jutuli just for a introduction match between you both. I'll send you both a remainder tomorrow in the morning as well as the password for the event here in a private message at the forum and then we'll meet up at the server just like the other day. as I'm basically gonna be in-game, I'll set the games myself anyways for convenience.

@miro I know for that you can just go to the masters server any time you want (if it's that he wants and that server ain't hosting something at that moment of course), there's no need to "officially" make it.
...jutuli...
User lv4
User lv4

Post by ...jutuli... »

I am OK with the time and maps. And Miro, I was just kidding, I dont really care if I got 25:0 with good player. I have moments when I play good and more moments when I play just average, all depends on my mood, etc. I am not able to play so long continuously, I loosing focus then and sometimes I need longer warm-up, so I have to be prepared for anything tomorrow ;) Cya.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

if you play me i can tell you what you did wrong...maybe helps against kratos! ;-)
...jutuli...
User lv4
User lv4

Post by ...jutuli... »

Miro, I never been so good in 1 vs 1, mostly I played TDM in clans, but that was 20 years ago... Now I am playing just some ffa and this unfreeze here, so I am not focused for timing power-ups, tactics in maps, I dont even have mapped key for silent moves (walk), so I just flying thru maps and shooting everything what moves ;) And I am already too old and lazy to learn more, but thanks anyway.
cBs KRA7OS
User lv4
User lv4

Post by cBs KRA7OS »

siema all,
are we playing something today?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

like I said on my last message, yes, you will play jutuli this evening at 18:00 maps pro-t2, ztn, pro-dm6, pro-t4 and pro-dm13. reminder and password just pm'ed here now to you both.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

adminless am i allowed to spectate? (not sure id i make it though). if so would u also PM password go me?

best regards
cBs KRA7OS
User lv4
User lv4

Post by cBs KRA7OS »

ok 18:00 join server:)