new host unfreeze.fpsclasico.de under construction

UnFreeZe Game Servers News forum.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: new host unfreeze.fpsclasico.de under construction

Post by adminless »

@fer yes I know because as you may guess I'm not any know software corporation neither I'm in possession of any software publishing certificate which means that then every time I publish a build antivirus are going to put it on hold until it gets a reputation due the heuristics code. it was the same with the good old ones at the beginning, it took like a few weeks of people use them to get reputation and stop complaining. forgot to drop a note because I though people was familiar with that, I'll edit first post later then. so it does help if people use them and when antivir complains, depending on what model/brand and so, you click on some "this is not a virus" or something like that to help it build trust faster. I mean, unfortunate I know.

@tar:
  1. yes the dll file is required with those ones and the second was the same error as miro, ok, it looks like those builds are totally broken on nvidia drivers :o I hope I update the old well know and tested ones soon to get rid of those as well as other problems.
  2. nevertheless, as far as I saw yesterday you were playing just fine, I remember I noticed a -3 ms improvement for you in particular (which may not be that much but for a 30 ms average means a 10% decrease) and as far as I know you do not have ipv6 yet so it's better that you just leave this alone by now as both you aren't really going to benefit any more (your ping isn't going to lower anymore bellow that even on ipv6, I mean, that's my estimation the reality can be other) and second you're not going to be able to connect via ipv6 so far (I think, ping6 unfreeze.fpsclasico.de, on a win cmd does work?) so by now just stick with your current well proven setup, no need for changes for you :) just as a note remember that although I replaced the former dns, the new dns of the server is "unfreeze.fpsclasico.de".
tar
User lv4
User lv4

Post by tar »

ping -6 unfreeze.fpsclasico.de did not work:

Code: Select all

f:\downloads>ping -6 unfreeze.fpsclasico.de
Ping-Anforderung konnte Host "unfreeze.fpsclasico.de" nicht finden. Überprüfen Sie den Namen, und versuchen Sie es erneut.
I think, Fernandinho is experiencing the same differencies between v1.33 and v1.36 I have described around a year ago, now :wave:
newb.zi (stats · system)
tar
User lv4
User lv4

Post by tar »

Great. Now, with v1.36 it is completely unplayable again (totally slow frames) and I need to alt+tab to the ioQ3 window and use "ESC" first before I even can click the mouse (when I mouse click before "ESC" it switches to the desktop). How strange is that... messed up everything.
newb.zi (stats · system)
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Post by fernandinho1337 »

tar wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 17:03 I think, Fernandinho is experiencing the same differencies between v1.33 and v1.36 I have described around a year ago, now :wave:
I think you are right on that one. I am used now to 1.36 but I am not perfectly happy. On timedemo I got like 925+ FPS on average but when I play online I sometimes have FPS drops. Therefore, I would love to use 1.33+IPV6 ;-)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

@tar yes I think that that proves you don't have ipv6 connectivity yet as I had guessed so just don't use the last versions, stick to the current ones and you'll do much better. furthermore I just posted those to get quickly started with the ipv6 thing (and to offer some long term fully updated 64 bit builds) nothing more not as the new recommended so imho if you don't even have ipv6 (or you weren't going to use it anyways) don't even bother with them.

@fer yes ok I'll do a short break (I can not get lost again on side stuff whatsoever) to push a quick dev patch for the old good ones if possible as it's obvious that's things are starting to get messy.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, done, just uploaded some new builds for the good old know ones this time quickly patched for ipv6 support, downloads as follow: ok, so that's it, I believe that those should do it, I've just tested them now and they feel perfect for me so let me know. changes are as follow:
  1. minor code clean up/updated dev enviroment
  2. you were lucky and on those it made a jpeg updated library I never got to release because I had got lost on the details but that as I resumed now it's done, so it should overall make the look a little better, a little crisper textures
  3. ipv6 support
  4. and replaced the original idsoftware master by the current master.fpsclasico.de inside one to ensure the display of the server in the long run (who says that the id master is going to run forever, for the record id master downtime played a major role in the demise of my previous q3 project, so now we no longer rely on it)
and that's all for now, I believe that you can already throw away those fancy 64 bit builds as well as their libraries, I'll wait some time before make them "official" (I mean they are official already but making a announcement and updating the posts and so I mean), so check it out and tell me if this finally do it for you or if you encountered problems.

NOTES:

not many so far, just point out that currently the display of servers seems absurdly broken (it prints out twice UnFreeZe when it should print UnFreeZe and FreeFUn), I'll work on that in some time and that these require at least Windows XP (they won't work with let's say Windows 98 SE for example) for it to work but well giving the fact that their ipv6 builds it's pretty much unlikely (not impossible) that someone is still interested in run ipv6 on some pre Windows XP if so they can still simply stick with the old builds so that's why the "generic" builds were removed (as they were targeted at pre Windows XP era cpus), so these are even more optimized than the previous ones. ah finally also almost forgot to mention as usual with new releases is likely that you received a security warning when you first run them due to them being from an unknown source (i.e. me) to them (i.e. the antivir company/Microsoft).
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

hi

quick check.
ipv6 works, no issues whatsoever. i have to test a bit more tonight to see if fps drops are surely gone too.

thanks for the quickfix!

best regards
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok great news then I guess I'll spend a little bit more of time in fixing that browser thing (it shouldn't be big deal and it will probably "finish" this for now) and review it a bit more and then I'll edit first post and probably make a proper post about these new versions. and yes they should do it, I mean, I only added ipv6 support (besides the updated jpeg library), so for the rest it's the same or better, as the old ones were built on my previous client of spring 2016 or something like that, and these are from a up to date spring 2018 environment so they should be even more optimum. to be honest if it wouldn't be because of some fancy guy asking for 64 bit builds or more stock/mainstream ioquake3 builds I think I would even remove them altogether as they just simply don't work, anyways I'll still leave them, but lets remark that these last ones, this is ioQ3v6, are obviously the good ones and recommended ones furthermore the 64 bit ones are not even supported here.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

who actually cares about 64bit. i know it should be more optimized/ faster but i am not even tweaking my config for performance and i got 925 fps. i could easily have 1000 fps when really only constant 100-200fps are needed. and my computer is not close to be state of the art. i think if ur computer today is still too slow to run q3 smoothly then there are other ways to fix it ;-)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

adminless wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:38ok great news then I guess I'll spend a little bit more of time in fixing that browser thing (it shouldn't be big deal and it will probably "finish" this for now) and review it a bit more and then I'll edit first post and probably make a proper post about these new versions.
well as mentioned just re-uploaded the ioQ3v6 files I posted above with the in-game browser fixed and now a bit more reviewed and tested than yesterday that it was just do "the thing" so please whoever downloaded already please redownload and replace again as usual. I've been testing them now for a while and they seem as good as then can get by now, now the in-game browser display the inside fpsclasico master without issues, the only thing left would be to make it work with ipv6 too which by now it doesn't look like it's worth the trouble but definitively for some next update once the ipv6 grows more I'll spend some time on it, so by now you still have to use a cmd to connect trough ipv6. for the rest I only noticed that under some circumstances ipv4 dns resolution fails (as pointed by tar), likely it's a consequence of the new host likeness for ipv6, anyways if that happens to you, just use the in-game browser that it's still ipv4 compliant or alternative use the "-4" version of the commands (example, connect -4 unfreeze.fpsclasico.de) and things should be fine.

well then I go do that, make a few proper posts and edit a few things, this should be do it for now I think.

@fer and yeah I know, 64 bits doesn't bring anything here but you know, you just can't change people's minds, who cares I just won't talk any more about them and I'll focus on the new ioQ3v6.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

btw for the record I'm still digging up the ipv4/ipv6 dns/browser thing and it seems partially broken so it's likely that I'll finally go all the way and patch all this if not it's gonna get messy later, so I'll still probably make another update tomorrow, sorry about that.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

adminless wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 20:12btw for the record I'm still digging up the ipv4/ipv6 dns/browser thing and it seems partially broken so it's likely that I'll finally go all the way and patch all this if not it's gonna get messy later, so I'll still probably make another update tomorrow, sorry about that.
ok, guys it's done, I think I finally patched this for good and even made it to work to connect via ipv6 by the in-game browser and by the way from now onward that's the recommended way to connect (from the in-game browser, check it out). for compatibility reasons I switched back to net_enabled 3 instead of 7 to avoid some dns errors for people without ipv6 as it's the more logical by now. for the rest it's totally dual protocol now from the in-game browser with the inside master, this time I made sure to code/test every single combination I could think of, that being said it doesn't mean that I could predict every single that can take place, so I would really appreciate if some (not just one) of you could download the mentioned builds (ftp folder) and test them (even some linux user if possible) for yourself and report if they finally made it or if you still encountered more problems before I commit to this ones in next couple of days because so far for me these are the good ones for the new season (I'd even go as far as to say they are pretty much better than qlive for me).

so to doesn't write yet another bible here that get lost people this time I made it easy, just clicking on the menus people who only have ipv4 (87%) should only see the ipv4 version of the servers, people who only has ipv6 (~0% but just coded/tested anyways) should only see ipv6 servers and people who has both (13%) should see both. people who see both counterparts of the servers in the browser can differentiate them by the protocol column, ipv4 servers display as UDP and the ipv6 ones as "???" so that way you can even compare them both before join and from time to time to see which is better (make sure to click a couple of times if it occasionally fails, although rare, sometimes it may get stuck or eventually some packet can get lost/collide).

so that's it, I would really appreciate if you would let me know if they finally do it. good night and huge apologize for the messy semi-"improvised" release (well I had warned you, but at least i think that just after two tries and a single day is more than what I had even planned).

ah and ps, obviously as always please redownload and replace to get last build. ps2 if someone just need more explanations just ask.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

well almost two days and nobody complained about so I guess that means that there's no more problems thus I think it's time to make a proper publish of this also coincidentally this release is going to be critical to ensure the trustfulness of the server.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

incident!!

host is without ipv6 connectivity as of Friday 5 of October of 2018 17:45 due a temporal error I made while I was working on some ipv6 security. ipv4 connectivity is just fine as usual. I hope that tomorrow (if not even in some time this evening) ipv6 connectivity should be restored.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, ipv6 connectivity fully restored as of 18:00 (fifteen minutes later that I spotted the incident) as far as I know, I'm deeply sorry for this issue and I apologize if someone tried to get to the server and couldn't because of this issue.