BensonLorenz wh or aim ?

Cheaters Reports Discussion forum.

do you think the guy on the demo cheats?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 22, 2023 19:28

yes
15%
no
46%
inconclusive
38%

Total votes: 13

ang3lfish
User lv3
User lv3

BensonLorenz wh or aim ?

Post by ang3lfish »

I noticed a new player name (bensonlorenz), who I think uses some kind of cheat.
he threw a lot into the wall where there is an opponent on the other side. although he chased the opponents over the wall, his chases were very interesting, but he actually played quite badly.

How do you see it?
Attachments
benson.dm_68
(1.28 MiB) Downloaded 46 times
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: BensonLorenz wh or aim ?

Post by adminless »

yes, pretty much looks like it so ban just added now. thanks for report.
ang3lfish
User lv3
User lv3

Post by ang3lfish »

Thank you.
He was a new player or an old player with "hidden" nick name ?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yes that dude actually had a couple of years of solid history at the servers going by the nick "yetlguru".
ang3lfish
User lv3
User lv3

Post by ang3lfish »

would this have been the original yetlguru?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

as usual I can't tell who exactly is behind a computer screen and there has been plenty of incident/cases really involving brothers, relatives, friends and so doing shit from ones computer instead but for other than that, yes, it seems to be coming from the original yetlguru from my end.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

ang3lfish wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 10:39 would this have been the original yetlguru?
We talking about the yetl who plays like a bot anyway

I wonder if that's why he plays that way so you couldn't tell what he's doing
Last edited by PacMan on Tue May 23, 2023 12:00, edited 1 time in total.
RH
User lv4
User lv4

Post by RH »

What exact timestamps do you think are a problem?

The demo is very short which is not good for cheat analysis, and I wasn't able to come to any conclusions based off of that demo.

His mouse movement is very weird yes, but I am confident in saying it does not look like an aimbot based off of the demo provided. Way too flicky while missing 90% of the shots. Couple flicks that do hit, but thats just the odds if hes flicking everything all the time. Aim is too poor overall with no locking or target snapping. Lots of misplaced shots and bad tracking.

For wallhack, i'd say inconclusive but leaning towards no. There was like one instance where he spammed perfectly at an enemy without a sound or visual cue, being at the 7:00 IGT mark firing up towards rail, but possible he just spams there a lot. There is one instance at 725 where he fires at an enemy through a wall, but its also not like a z ordering confusion due to where the shot is and he could clearly hear the enemy so i think it was just stupidity. I have one other note for 816 in my notes taken while reviewing, but I think that was just a bad aim issue in the context of the demo.

The rest of the shots at enemies "through walls" is all stuff like on corners where he could just be dumb with bad aim which is much more likely and nothing really blatantly looked like z ordering confusion you see from actual wallhacks.

I'm not saying absolutely no, but i'd definitely need better demo evidence to be convinced. It really disappoints me to see how quick of a snap judgement this was for a regular player based on a very short demo with nothing super obvious.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

that looks like too many guesses and dumb shit in a post to my taste. I assume you don't generally see people who isn't doing shit playing in such a flicky weird (virtually robotic) way. moreover the dude seems to know where the enemies and even the frozen team mates are located all the time, like he takes zero time looking for them. in my opinion, that's a cheat, specially if you take in consideration the fake nicking but anyways if you want I can probably just add a poll about that even despite he hasn't appealed it/complained himself. it's not like a big deal.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

moreover just as I was writing that I got this on a message from a trusted source:
trusted source wrote:Yetlugru has an aimbot. I didn't want to report him because I like him, but I'm 100% sure he's not playing clean. He plays on a pad, he can't move and he has flickshots like a pro player. In addition, he also once wrote that he has "aim assist".
to be honest after receiving that I don't really think that there should be much to argue.
RH
User lv4
User lv4

Post by RH »

I'm asking for time stamps for what you believe to be an issue. It isn't that hard if you are going to accuse some one of cheating to provide an explanation.

I watched the demo, and nothing seemed obvious to me. It was a very short demo too so there isn't a lot of data to draw conclusions from.

Community polls are absolutely the worst thing you could do to decide if some one is a cheater, because a majority of the players here are too low skill or have no idea what they are looking for to make a determination. I already make fun of this community for doing this once. Doing it again would be a massive mistake.

With the lack of actual evidence and not wanting to have a conversation about it, this honestly seems more like a personal attack on the guy. Again, I am just very disappointed, but not surprised given the track record here.

EDIT: Your "trusted source" is obviously whoami, but i don't care about opinions without evidence regardless of who they come from. Evidence is what is important. He might actually cheat, but the evidence provided here does not prove it so he should be innocent until proven guilty.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

trying to make it look like you're the only one with a saying here because you're the only one with understanding here and the rest are nothing but incapable of telling anything by themselves without your guidance isn't definitively going to buy you any points if not the contrary. that's just going to alienate you, if you wanna disagree and share your knowledge or say whatever, that's cool and appreciated. just there's no need to put down the rest of the people like that because of it. I do sincerely believe that there's at least a significant amount of people around the forum that know enough as to have a meaningful poll and at the end of the day that's the way communities work.

and btw speaking of facts and evidence I guess that you could start by yourself. if you're gonna accuse me or anybody else about a personal vendetta against this guy (like if I would even know him or people would dislike him) I guess that you could at least start by proving some sort of connection to claim that.
RH
User lv4
User lv4

Post by RH »

Another response, still no evidence of the guy cheating yet he is banned. We are discussing it on discord with video clips from the demo slowed down to lower time scale and everything to explain odd stuff. All I asked for was timestamps of what looks fishy in the demo, because honestly I don't see much of anything and it is a very short demo.

Even good players may not have any idea what to look for in a wallhack or aimbot demo. The average skill level of a player here is not what I would consider high enough to confidently weigh in on demo analysis. The fact you think a community poll is valid for this sort of issue is quite absurd, and is often used as an easy point to mock how this community is run.

As far as not defending himself goes, do you know he speaks english? Does he have a forum account? Not everyone is going to defend themselves, and there could be a variety of reasons to not do so from language barrier to just not knowing how. I think this is a poor excuse for upholding a questionable decision with a severe lack of evidence.

I just want to see actual thoughtful actions taken and not snap decisions based on basically nothing.

Just provide time stamps for what looks bad in the demo posted. If you can't even do that which will lead to a conversation, then this ban is obviously done with no evidence.
...jutuli...
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: ...jutuli...

Post by ...jutuli... »

If this guy is Yetlguru, this is his normal playing style. Nervous movement, high mouse sensitivity, zero aim - only lucky shots. We often made fun of him for having Parkinson, spectate him was torture... Also I am not able to say if something in this demo is suspicious.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

@RH well that's cool looking forward the poll results once you end analyzing all that then. from my end, I just don't waste my time over analyzing stuff to that extend nor waste days arguing about milliseconds like that as that's pointless to me. all I know is that a reputable known player with decent reporting history brought a demo of a random dude fake nicking and playing in a very unusual virtually robotic like way and wasting no time looking around. considering all that I infer that by the history and the context the guy cheats so I ban him. you say that it's a bad a call and inconclusive, good, no problem, I heard it and I opened as well a poll just for that reason so we'll see. in the mean time I believe there's enough probable cause (I mean, I believe the guy cheats which sure I can be wrong but that's my impression) as to withhold him until the community clears him. that's all from my end.

@jutuli ok, thanks for the input. yes I assume it should be him.