UnFreeZe Community April 2023 event

fpsclassico community based events and fights.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

UnFreeZe Community April 2023 event

Post by adminless »

as I think that you already know I'm planning on hosting at least another small masters tournament in these months (around May) however in the meantime as warmup and to give a proper test to the latest UnFreeZe changes (that this time has been, altogether, significant) I was thinking as well in setting up another small community game and let's see if this time it finally happens. I was planning in bringing this a few days back but got busy putting together just the updated classic package so far and missed it. the plan will be the usual for community games, five maps, mrcq3t4 (aka cpm6), qfraggel2a (aka cpm14), 69pickup1 (aka cpm2), wdw3team1 (aka cpm9) and cpm4a this time for solid variety and proper testing, between 10 and 14 players (i.e. up to 16 with changes/backups) split on balanced teams and a fixed date, the next Sunday 16 of April of 2023 21:00 CEST (UTC+02) or it just won't happen. ok, so who's up for this? the deadline is obviously just one week, don't waste your time and ready up if available/interested!!
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Re: UnFreeZe Community April 2023 event

Post by PacMan »

Any chance on doing it on a Monday Wednesday Thursday or Friday

Lol
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

we'll see but as said many times already I think Sunday night is typically the best time for "main" events so giving that considering that (two days later still) nobody has joined I assume that probably this time this ain't happening either and I highly doubt making it some weekday of the next week it's gonna make any difference. anyways, as said if by this Friday 14 of April of 2023 23:59 CEST (UTC+02) there's no ten people signed up (either for the Sunday 16 or another close, days apart, date from that) then it will be cancelled, it just won't happen. in my opinion, beside the fun itself (obviously) it was good thing mostly to give everything a good test for future events as well. later on, people complain that I make changes at the main events, hard tuning this when there's no other test bases beside the main events.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Post by fernandinho1337 »

hi there

if we get a proper amount of people I feel the need to attend.

thanks for organizing @adminless

best regards
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

great news, ok noted you in then. we'll see as said the deadline is narrow this time, it's mostly just a community event, there's no point in delay it for weeks so it should be left set by this weekend. currently we're just one people, we need at least 9 others and ideally 13-15 more players so anybody else interested/available?
Heero-2b
User lv3
User lv3

Post by Heero-2b »

add me!
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

great I will. I think that if there's really interest may be the sign up deadline can be extended another week so who else wants in?
Optical
User lv2
User lv2

Post by Optical »

Add me too )
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok great news, considering that by Thursday CEST night we just have three people in I assume that then right this Sunday this is not happening. seeing that there's finally some interest on this and as I brought it a few days later too I guess that then I can probably still leave it open a few more days to see if there would be some last minute interest during the weekend. I think that depending on how that plays out we can then decide what to finally do with this by the Tuesday/Wednesday of the next week.
Shantu
User lv2
User lv2

Post by Shantu »

I'd like to sign up for tuesday or wednesday if the event is happening.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

I think Wednesday 19 21:00 CEST (UTC+02) could be a good option and we would even (potentially) get an extra player (pacman) by then. unfortunately even by now we're just 5 people at best (and that's even considering pacman would show which is not even clear) so we would need at least 5 other people to join this within the next 24/48 hours approx. we'll see.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

adminless wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 14:56 I think Wednesday 19 21:00 CEST (UTC+02) could be a good option and we would even (potentially) get an extra player (pacman) by then. unfortunately even by now we're just 5 people at best (and that's even considering pacman would show which is not even clear) so we would need at least 5 other people to join this within the next 24/48 hours approx. we'll see.
That is 7pm UK? Possible but I get an hour max really that day in evening, life is shift work lol
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

that's 8pm London time (GMT+01) as far as I know there's daylight time clock skew on that territory as in central Europe so it's just one hour less as usual. but anyways as said, we're still missing at least 5 other people so we'll see.
Heero-2b
User lv3
User lv3

Post by Heero-2b »

i´m sorry, i can´t Wednesday 19 21:00 CEST
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

@everyone ok, enough said, there was still a few extra 24 hours to sign up for this (approx) but I guess that there's probably no point in waiting any longer so I just PM'ed now a updated event card accordingly to the final situation to everyone who signed up (miro, heero, shantu, optical and pacman). finally after considering it rather than cancel it (as intended) I believe that it's a much better solution to simply adapt it accordingly and play it anyways so basically I just came up with a similar fight plan that should should go along with the spirit of the event on maps cpm3a , cpm15 , cpm11a , cpm24 , cpm1a as a small masters/UnFreeZe crossover promo that should work good for a hot five games 2vs2 scored at 15 rounds to give the latest changes a proper test as well as have great fun of course. as usual, there's probably still some margin if somebody else wanna finally join as well in what will follow before the event but now it's obviously limited to just one or two extra addition at most not five plus so if somebody is interested do not waste your time.

@heero ok, no problem, thanks for the prompt update. as wrote on the PM we're just five people, I assume it shouldn't be a big problem to find a date within the next days (approx) so then the Wednesday won't happen. Shantu suggested the Tuesday as well, it seems that doesn't work for pacman, I don't know how that would work for the rest so please me let know (all involved) what dates would work? the Thursday night could be a option too if not the weekend or just the next week. no big deal.