Glacius Maps

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: Glacius Maps

Post by adminless »

that map also ran at glacius and was included on the packages for a long time (like a year I think) and it just didn't work out. I mean, if people complain of camping at the events that map isn't camping, it's the campiest.
Karen
User lv3
User lv3

Post by Karen »

Hello,

How about Estatica map? Wasn't it part of the Glacius rotation once? Could it be added to the special Glacius rotation again? Visually appealing eye candy and therefore maybe suitable for Glacius nights... perhaps for some medium player count... just wondering... what do you think?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

that again you're answering yourself if it was on the rotation (and for a long time) and it stopped doing it, it was clearly for a (very good) reason. that map, for other than the visuals and may be just random games, is simply not good for UnFreeZe/glacius. it was played long and it just didn't work any good.
Karen
User lv3
User lv3

Post by Karen »

Oh, hi Adminless,

Thank you for the quick answer. I hope you're doing well. When I read your answer, I realized that my request might have been too short and not sufficiently explanatory. Also, I am not aware of what it means that this map did not work so well.

Apart from the eye candy aspect, I suggested (re)adding this map called Estatica because it is a fast-paced and also challenging map that I think would be a great addition to the servers. Perhaps on the same random and seldom basis as JapanDM, definitely no need to make it part of heavy duty rotation.

I've spoken with some other players in the community, and I assume some interest in playing this map. I understand that you are protective of the quality of the servers, and I would be happy to help test the map and provide feedback to ensure that it meets the high standards of the fpsclasico community.

Thank you for your time and consideration. As you know, I appreciate all that you do to keep the servers running smoothly and provide a fun and engaging experience for all players.

Best regards,
Karen
Karen
User lv3
User lv3

Post by Karen »

Not relating to any specific map of course, really, I think that Glacius' biggest advantage in general is its huge variety of maps... :wink:
Anyone up for Glacius tonite from 8 PM CET?

Karen
User lv3
User lv3

Post by Karen »

Wanna check current maps? Maybe to get ideas what else to add? Come Glacius then!! Now!! :)

Karen
User lv3
User lv3

Post by Karen »

Another night, another chance... mind some Glacius?! (JAPANDM is on RIGHT NOW!!) :)
[video][/video]
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

btw just a small update on this (glacius stuff) please notice that this week I finally added map cpm4a to both the competitive as well as the glacius extended rotation and map cpm11a to the extended one now that hopefully they should finally be playable with the server settings. make sure to have them installed if you haven't already to avoid missing any games.
Shantu
User lv2
User lv2

Post by Shantu »

New maps, great stuff! Just in time for glacius night. 8-)

I've been wondering, would it be possible to change dm6++, dm7++ and the dm13 clone (can't find the name) to new maps for glacius nights? I think these maps are a bit too similar to the original versions that we play everyday on the two main servers. I think the glacius crowd would be pleased to play something more exotic.

I've looked at some maps and I think some of the below would be great to have. They seem to have a nice mix of open and less open areas and no apparent campy spots with some added eyecandy on top.

Small:
Trespass
Hydra

Medium:
Achromatic - this has a tiny clipping issue where the jumppad in the image launches you, not a big deal imo.
Rustgrad

Larger:
Geotechnic
Terminatria

Thanks for your consideration.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yes that sounds like a reasonable request. I guess that at the beginning of glacius the thing was precisely to play those other remix maps, after years of being overplayed probably no longer so much. yes I guess that probably on next week or so I can check a few replacements for them after people rolled out the ones I just added this week.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok from that tier I finally added today phantq3dm6_mc, q3gwdm2 and goldleaf in place of 6++, 7++ and pro-nodm9 to the custom glacius special rotation and goldleaf to the competitive glacius regular rotation as the best picks. in addition as I see that the people that go to that server and frequent it is mostly looking for that (higher variety) I added as well as bonus some more extra top picks from the former secondary glacius server and the packages. as usual the best way to get everything and not miss any games is just to download the whole well known packages which are there for a reason. if somebody just want to get the maps individually, you can probably check what's currently on the rotation at the forum files tab or just by downloading the glaciusplus mappack or the unfreezeplus mappack respectively.
Karen
User lv3
User lv3

Post by Karen »

Hey adminless, seems that Fraggel map crashed Glacius server somehow... stuck on loading screen... server not on lobby anymore... for all of us...
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yes it seems so, map bug or something, server restarted and map patched now.
Karen
User lv3
User lv3

Post by Karen »

Ready for some Glacius tonite?

adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

as a small update here please notice that today I added a new q3dm4/eviscerated remix, 13excave_b1, that got released past month and that was notoriously missing for too long to both the regular competitive rotation in place of the base q3dm4 and to the full extended glacius custom rotation so please make sure to not forget to install that map to avoid missing the fun.