main server network crashed

UnFreeZe Game Servers News forum.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

main server network crashed

Post by adminless »

it appears this Friday 17 of March of 2023 at around 21:00 CET (UTC+01) the main server network crashed for yet unspecified reasons (it appears like a provider equipment maintenance/upgrade or something). after investigating restarting the server seems to have fixed the issue and everything seems functional at least by now. sorry for the inconvenience.
NEYTRIN0
User lv2
User lv2

Re: main server network crashed

Post by NEYTRIN0 »

I suggest a server with a minimum of cheats. In addition, the new cards - they are more interesting than the old. The server can forcibly download all new maps, regardless of the settings on the player's computer. Small maps are pumping fine.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

hello and welcome to the forum. regarding your input please excuse me but clearly forcibly upload all new maps into a client regardless of the client settings it's not a option. first of all not only that's a mess and unsafe as it can lead to conflicts with other files that by mid 2010's that's a flagrant violation of European network normative that clearly states that nothing can't be installed on any device without explicit user informed consent let alone trying to override and/or to work your way around a explicit client side restriction. in that sense, if you're into custom maps, the third server, galcius that run all in the usual ip's just on port 27963, do run them 24/7 with special meetings the Friday, Sunday and Monday central European nights that feature a extended custom maps rotation and are quite popular lately. all maps are included on the well know (recommended) packages provided at the files tab of this site as well as independently on the glacius-full_mappack.zip file (all) that I go updating as necessary so then it becomes a responsibility of the players to get those files and install them themselves as deemed necessary and appropriate for their systems. in that sense that's the only mean of file distribution across this site and why.
NEYTRIN0
User lv2
User lv2

Post by NEYTRIN0 »

No, the server was installed in the Excessiveplus community and has been running for several years. It was written by Panda. She and a few other admins were the programmers of this community. By the way the players on your server - most of them know about this community and played there. What maps to put on the server - it decides the administrator - so of course you should not put maps with any name. All this has long been tried and tested. Just always a situation arises when you put a new map - and as a result there are 1-2 players. The rest do not rock. It's up to you of course.
As for your server - there are more than half of the players - cheaters. And if WH - not so bothersome, Autoshot - this is from the category of children's servers. There is a server where this problem has long been solved.
Although I must say in the community Excessiveplus solve this problem - they have a full anticheat.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

if you want to report someone because of cheating you can do it on this forum here and may be I can help you with that. in the other hand if you're just gonna drop by the site to basically call more than half of the community cheaters you're just gonna come across as a random troll.
NEYTRIN0
User lv2
User lv2

Post by NEYTRIN0 »

I've been researching cheating in Quake3 - for over 20 years... That's why we wrote an anti-cheater program in Q3.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

I know and precisely because of that you should know better than anybody else than just dropping on a forum to call no less than more than half of the community (i.e. +200 people) cheaters just like that is plain retarded. I insist, no problem, I kindly invite you to report anybody you want (i.e. those +200 cheaters you're talking about) on its respective forum.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

NEYTRIN0 wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 22:24 I've been researching cheating in Quake3 - for over 20 years... That's why we wrote an anti-cheater program in Q3.
This is not possible, I play power noob power , and many of them cannot face my power

Lol be serious man even if half of them are cheaters they still can't score very well with wh servers them no purpose , and auto shoot aim most get caught
NEYTRIN0
User lv2
User lv2

Post by NEYTRIN0 »

On the contrary, I am serious. We were collecting cheats at one time - to study them and write a program against them. On your server use cheats - such as auto-shot - it is not always enabled and not for all weapons. For example, the player shoots himself with all the weapons, but by pressing the key - and he enabled auto-shot on plasma. The same is in some of the rail. It is not always on - but it is. It's just easier to disguise the cheat. On the server is played by the same players that are in the same place. They played there with the cheats and here as well. It's a habit already. It's up to you - you can not change anything - but the fact is a lot of cheaters. On the server, sometimes come newcomers - no cheats, but they quickly leave - because they can not play long - they killed quickly, and they do not understand how it is possible. Unfortunately in Q3 are the majority only cheaters who are used to cheats ...
When they introduced anti-cheat Quake3 - it immediately became clear - who is a cheater and who is not - have dramatically changed the leaders of the game. Here's your answer. Now they play on your server. Conclusions you can do yourself.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

sounds good, I see you're very sure of yourself, yesterday there was 415 different unique players logged at the servers which as a uneven number is great so where are those unquestionably 100% proven 208 (not 207, 208) different reports you're talking about for a fact? we're at Monday already, time is running out and I think that it's time for you to back your big mouth, start making reports and giving names then. until then stop wasting my time because I couldn't care less about who you're and/or your endless flame wars. also I don't know what's more laughable that you literally show up here to claim that 208 players (that I bet that you didn't even witnessed yourself) cheat for a fact, yeah just like that, they cheat period, or your reasoning to back it up that they obviously gonna be cheating because of the way the newcomers that installed the game just yesterday out of the blue and still can't even figure out what each button does let alone thawing are getting beat up, yeah like if that wouldn't have anything to do. pathetic.
NEYTRIN0
User lv2
User lv2

Post by NEYTRIN0 »

Okay, I understand that you are not yet old enough to talk adequately... And since you're so fiercely willing to ignore cheaters, maybe you're using cheats too? ))) Well, as they say, the moisture in your hand and a tambourine on your neck ...
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

says the guy that started the thread literally asking to "mod" the server to cheat the clients into forcibly download the maps even against their choice and followed by casually admitting to have downloaded and "tested" every client cheat on the book so I guess you're telling that for yourself then, you're clearly not making any sense. look I think that everyone around here can tell you that I'm not even related to the game, for other than the required and necessary testing here and there, I don't even play at the servers nor participate in any of the events so stop wasting your time. it just happens that I don't put up nor tolerate this short of bullshit on this site which also let me tell you that is why your in-game chat doesn't work, not because it's disabled or a "bug". now move on.