fpsclassico king of kings tournament

hardcore Quake III Arena deathmatch events forum.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: fpsclassico king of kings tournament

Post by adminless »

great news, noted now then. sure, it should be no problem, hopefully there will be various (balanced) heats (at least two) so I'll set you up in one that works for you. all that will be probably discussed once the people that will participate it's known hopefully by the end of the next week and last week of this March. ok, with you we're five already plus miro so as said, I assume we should be able to make at least a final (just with a few more guys of course) so stay tuned. and yeah nevermind about the masters invitation (promotion) by now I'm assuming that probably won't happen (no interest so far).
YORELito
User lv3
User lv3
in-game nick: cacahuete

Post by YORELito »

I can play the FFA even i am not familiar with any of the maps, I think i havent ever played in most of them :roll:
But DUEL it's a guarantee embarrasment for the same reason, so i prefer not to.
But I provably dont make it to the top 8 so.. no risk :lol:
I want to participate
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

haha come on, I guess you'll mean about the final (which yes it is a bit more exotic/elitist) because the heats will go on the well known standard maps or almost (6++/7++ in place of pro-q3dm6/q3dm7 for better play) for that reason so I guess you shouldn't have any issues with that beside it's not even really "pure"/canonical ffa but more of a "UnFreeZe" spin of it so again it should be "easy" (comparatively) and fun to play for pretty much everyone. great noted you in then stay tuned once the final format dates are established by the end of the month the latest. as for the (potential) masters follow up tournament a bit of the same, the top eight (excluding Miroslav) was merely a invitation to make it exciting and from what I've heard so far people is just no feeling it at the moment so it's not big deal. most likely I'll just let it be and once the ffa thing is over I'll start another different thread with a different setting/people for that and we'll see or we'll just let it be.
FraG_MasiN
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: .DC!FraG_MasiN?!

Post by FraG_MasiN »

AM IN :D cOOL FFA RULESs for FFA beast idea two months tournament ye BIG BASS THEREE I smell FUN I MUS BY THERE :twisted: :twisted: :thumbup: :ugeek: :D :) :o :clap: :wave: yea yea
The Undead
User lv4
User lv4

Post by The Undead »

Thanks for the invitation admin (appreciated), but I would like to still have some more break before my next FFA event.
Have fun everyone
Cheers'
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

np, thanks for reach out anyways, although I'm also telling you, yes sure, I assume at some point I'll run another of these ffa things (as usual in whatever form happens to be) however it probably won't be any time soon (likely several months the least) so if this interests you I'd suggest you to think about that and if you change your mind in these weeks, just let me know. otherwise no problem, with masin we are seven already plus Miroslav which should already guarantee at least another event like the previous one and hopefully along these weeks more people will join to complete as well some hot qualifying heats too as planned. ok, so who else wanna participate?
orgi69
User lv3
User lv3

Post by orgi69 »

Nice! I would like to participate :)
Not sure about your schedule, but I can probably only participate, if its gonna happen after the easter-weekend
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

great news, ok, I'll note you in and then we'll see how we can match up the dates then please stay tuned. good, anybody else? we're eight plus Miroslav so far, there's still at least a couple of dozen of free spots to take for this, do not miss yours!!
Makaveli
User lv3
User lv3

Post by Makaveli »

Would like to join FFA also.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

fantastic, noted now. ok so with you we are 9 plus Miroslav so far. the deadline to sign up for this (the ffa event, for the masters thing I'll just open a different thread and then we'll see) ends in about two weeks although the best practice (and intention) would be to leave this more or less set by the next weekend to then ultimate the details (format, eventual changes, the date etc) on the last week of March. initially it appears that most likely we are probably going for a single date event by mid April like the last time. I mean, we'll see how it finally goes but so far we are already half way done and the turnout is not enough for some heats as initially planned. ok, so who else is interested? as said, there's still plenty of room available to participate open to anybody so do not hesitate to join and have a good game.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Post by fernandinho1337 »

whats the current list? you should have not mentioned my name. then whoami would have signed up for the event
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

the current list of people that I have noted for this so far is aimer, wilo, pks, fau, shantu, cacahuete, masin, orgi, maka and miro. as said, I don't want to yet anticipate things before it's over (the deadline to sign up as then things could change) but it looks like we are probably heading towards that, another ffa carnage night event (with the details still yet to determine of course once it's done). I guess next week we'll ultimate that unless around ten other people sign up for this on the days to come (which so far I don't see happening but we'll see). btw one thing that I want to clear up here in case people got it wrong, the original/intended format of a tournament in reality it only results in having to play two times in a month at most. that's it, approx 3 hours max (1.5 hours max each time, two times at most) and moreover it's not even a huge deal ultimately no showing/missing for whatever reason. I repeat, it's not like you're gonna ruin anybody else game (as it's on the rest of the organized team events) other than your own and it's not a months long tournament or anything either. that being said I don't mean that now over a hundred random people sign up for this just for the sake of it without even having the game installed to begin with but to be honest it's hard to understand that people that apparently it's interested on this and active turn it down on "availability" grounds. I'd really suggest those in that situation to go for it and give it a try anyways even if ultimately it doesn't end up working out.

hehe as said, on the original/intended format for this (ffa) people would only have to meet you on the grand final (and that's considering they reach there as said), so I don't think that's really the reason for him (or anybody else) not showing. nah he probably is just casually partying during work hours to warmup for the intense all-around Friday till Monday weekend raves and fests as usual. I mean, for other than a few random games here and there he hasn't really participated on anything else beside the publics. I'd really be a lot more interested in him showing up at the masters event and finally breaking even on a big date than here but I guess that his computer is clearly still way too broken since it totally decomposed on the early hours of the afternoon of the Thursday 24 of October of 2019 for that.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

well as initially unexpected but as finally projected the month has virtually ended and nobody else showed for this beside those who had already then I just sent the event PM to those involved here (aimer, wilo, pks, fau, shantu, cacahuete, masin, orgi, maka, miro) so as usual if somebody haven't received it or anything just let me know. as said since the turnout has been low, matter of fact just barely minimal, there will obviously be no heats (and therefor "tournament") and this will just come down to a "final" (another ffa event like the previous one) and hopefully we will make (on a separate thread/forum) at least another (or a couple of) masters games (I mean, I'll try to at least). in light of that I adjusted the maps accordingly to mix things up so this time the event will go q3dm14, poq3dm5, q3dm11, wdw3team1 and 7++ which I assume should provide enough quality, variety and adaptability for everyone. as for the date I assume anyone on April should work, right this Sunday 2 it would probably feel too rushed so just to be safe (as well as to potentially give some chance in case some extra guy or two still wanna join us) I set it for the next Sunday 9 of Aril of 2023 21:00 CEST (UTC+02). please notice the central European daylight saving timezone change for those in other territories. as said on PM, it's not because of one guy or two I'm gonna delay/change everything (as it'll always be the case anyways) still if the proposed date doesn't work for somebody or anything please just let me know in case something else can easily be worked out.
orgi69
User lv3
User lv3

Post by orgi69 »

Hi Adminless, just saw your PM - unfortunately (as i mentioned while signing) I won't be able to play on that easter-weekend! 3rd.April is the last possible day - after that I am out till 11.April

I am sorry
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

I know, I remember, unfortunately I wasn't really certain of your exact Easter time frame as it can definitively vary from site to site so I thought may be it would work for you. ok, in such case if people is up for it I guess that then we can give a try to this same Sunday 2 of April of 2023 21:00 CEST (UTC+02). I'll PM that now and we'll see if it works out then if not we'll just consider the options.