Stereoscopic 3D Rendering

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.
nickaero
User lv4
User lv4

Stereoscopic 3D Rendering

Post by nickaero »

hi I would like to know if 3D polarised rendering is enabled on Unfreeze client and if so what is the console command for it?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: Stereoscopic 3D Rendering

Post by adminless »

\r_stereoEnabled 1 followed by vid_restart is the engine (not the mod) command for that, though to be honest with you I never even really tried it (so I don't even know if it's functional) and as far I know that wasn't even any good to begin with (that's legacy old fashioned mid 2000's red/cyan glasses kind of "3D").
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: Stereoscopic 3D Rendering

Post by adminless »

btw as I've been patching and updating the client/s for new package/s these days I came across to this option and finally gave it a try. it appears that on recent ioquake3 versions (like the one on the 64 bit package) on top of the hardware based r_stereoEnabled option which is probably not gonna work without special hardware (i.e. not working here with a regular/normal pc/gpu) there's also a software based r_anaglyphMode option (i.e. \r_anaglyphMode 1 and \vid_restart) to render the game as you can see on the attached screens in case you wanna give that a try.
Attachments
shot0001.jpg
shot0000.jpg