Glacius Maps

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.
Karen
User lv4
User lv4

Re: Glacius Maps

Post by Karen »

Do you see any chance to "lift it up one tier" and make it appear less random and/or more regularly? I think 10+, 8+ or even 6+ people is a good number to play this fun map... well, for fun – for which people usually seem to gather there...

Maybe not just on this one call from crazy me but perhaps there is more opinion from community...?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

I think that server it's good as it's. I mean, after all the advertisement, discussion and activity around here it's finally really starting to work out again. I don't really see a reason to change anything there. everyone has favorite maps (which all differ btw) and all the maps load at some point (given the circumstances of course) and the way to get them loaded is just by playing the server.
Karen
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Karen »

Dear Adminless... today's Glacius night was quite a big success again... but somehow, everyone was craving for JAPANDM to show up... and it unfortunately did not. Is there a way to NOT make it appear "at random" but maybe on a regular basis when we have 10+ players? I am under the impression that it would match most players' wishes though... (not just mine)... just search chat logs for "JAPAN" or "japan" or so... Thank you for considering.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

unlucky, as I said, having a specific map to load among like 30 others at random it's gonna take something like 30+ pulls which at a 15-20 mins per map (approx) it's obviously gonna take some more than a couple of hours (i.e. 15 or so pulls at best). from what I've seen so far it seems like it's probably showing up like every other meeting which is the expected behavior as explained and overloading that map would imply then underloading other ones that are as well there for a reason so I'm not gonna do it. overall, I repeat as I see I think that's finally working good so I don't see any reason to change anything there and I'm not gonna do it.
Karen
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Karen »

Okay... it might make things a bit more thrilling then... will not inquire about this map anymore then... as long as it shows up from time to time... ;)

On a different note, we happened to play Glacius with a good crowd today (Saturday) and I couldn't avoid noticing how today's map rotation has been quite different from what we saw the last Fridays and Sundays – a lot of DM6 and other "standard" maps and also somewhat repetitive today. Is that the "competitive" rotation scheme you talked about earlier?

Just for clarification, may I request you to explain which day what rotation scheme (classic/competitive) is on duty?

Also, we had a well respected co-player suggesting a map called "13 house" to be added to the map pool. I do not know about this map, just forwarding this idea here, but maybe it is worth a look.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

the "glacius" all custom maps rotation run on that server, Fridays, Sundays and Mondays from 19:00 CET (UTC+01) until 1:00 CET (UTC+01). the rest of the time that run the competitive rotation that features all the maps on the events pool.
redrum
User lv4
User lv4

Post by redrum »

So yesterday was strange, we played twice dm6 and q3tourney after 20.00.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yesterday was saturday so it was no "glacius" (all custom maps) time as I wrote.
redrum
User lv4
User lv4

Post by redrum »

Sorry, Im idiot. Still living with false statement that glacius is weekend.
Karen
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Karen »

Tonite was a splendid Glacius night and server was even full and a lot of fun players around... we just wondered about map rotation a bit again... because some maps showed up repeatedly... adminless, I remember you explaining something of number-of-player-dependent lists of maps and that some maps show up on several lists so they possibly could repeat... but... it somehow is annoying to players and I see people leave at those point with a comment like "on no, not this map again" or so...

Is there any way of blacklisting maps (those which just happened) for the next 3 or 4 hours? Or maybe temporarily remove them from the pool for this amount of time? I could imagine that there should be enough of a total maps for selection left even if some are "blacklisted"... or "set with lower priority"... Is that something that could be done? It would greatly increase fun and keep players on server. (also, it would not "steal" a slot in which some preferred map could show up instead... ;) )

Or, alternatively, someone suggested to enable "Call Vote" on maps... I vaguely remember that you raised concerns about it, but as Glacius is a server for advanced users with mappak installation skills, I do not see any danger of misuse – if that would even be possible.

Thank you for considering. (this is not to be seen as complaint... more like a constructive suggestion :) )
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

I believe you're overthinking this as you said I think that I probably already answered all that and as I see it that's ok so I'm not really gonna do much else with that server.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

btw as a small revision here please note that I added this week maps 13hell and 13power to the glacius custom rotation as solid 2022 additions and 13hell and teddm1 (aka standalone ospdm5) to the competitive one in sync with the updated events pool. please make sure to have downloaded and installed all those so you don't miss any games.
Karen
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Karen »

Keeping my promise not to talk about it anymore, I created a tiny little video clip to express my feelings... ;)

snek
Unleveled User

Post by snek »

oxodm1? :))))
oKo*Magister
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: oKo*Magister

Post by oKo*Magister »

yes, oxodm1 <3