I am so fucking bored.

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.
UniX
User lv3
User lv3

I am so fucking bored.

Post by UniX »

I am so fucking bored of having endless rocket spam on every map because you have 50! effing rockets on spawn + ample ammo on map to replenish.
That plus the no self damage makes the gameplay on this server more or less consist of spamming or pointlessly rocketjumping around hoping to catch something with splash damage. Needless to say this does NOT promote any kind of skill from anyone involved.
Really fucking bored of "Wrong Place" on the only space map that we have and I do not understand why there is a need for a full cooldown time when you fall off, getting railed on spawn and fall off just to wait till the cooldown/round is over is super fun.
And why not mix it up a bit, have the space map Rail and SG only force ppl to use skill instead of mindless spam, you get the picture.
And for the love of God either put self damage ON or lower Rockets on Spawn to 20 or sum, Having 5 dudes just aimlessly rocketjumping on a map is fucking retarded and is pretty much what this mod has become.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: I am so fucking bored.

Post by adminless »

well as I wrote plenty of other times, if you look the rank stats, I don't think any of the top (40 or 50) players are "aimless spammers" if not probably the contrary. matter of facts, getting beyond that (a horde of spammers) and top that it's a skill on itself. without delay on suicides people wouldn't fall into the void they will intentionally jump into the void (lava/slime etc) on purpose to refresh themselves all the time with no absolute end, over and over, completely breaking the game beyond any use. and, no, the server it's a all weapons server, not a insta only one. it's just the way it's.
UniX
User lv3
User lv3

Post by UniX »

I said nothing about having it as an insta server just have gameplay variable as every single map turns into a spam fest because players are supplied with hundreds of rockets by default and at no risk to themselves.
Just think ... 5v5 which isn't exactly a crowded server has 500 rockets by default.
And your top players not being aimless spammers is probably true but you only need like ¹/4 of players on a map spamming and aimlessly rocketjumping to completely ruin it.
And I didn't say to insta spawn after wrong place/melting altho that's how it was in Doolittles mod, you can 1/2 the cool down time on space maps.
Having 20 rockets on spawn will force players to think what to do with them ... aimlessly hole/door spamming/ rocket jumping will have a real and immediate effect on your ammo status.
Or better yet ... turn self damage on.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

20 rockets it's clearly a useless amount of them, you have plenty of records of people (top players btw, not random "aimless spammers") running out of ammo at events (ixsy, nastia, whoami etc etc) and rocket jumping it's a core feature of the mod to allow quick navigation of the maps.
UniX
User lv3
User lv3

Post by UniX »

Is "clearly a useless amount" wtf .. how on earth do you come to that conclusion my guy.
Yes, you Clearly should run out of ammo if you use it .. it's the point.
By being semi proficient in strafe jumping gets you plenty quick around the map .. but you can rocket jump if you like at the risk of running out of ammo.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

I think I'm telling you "you have plenty of records of people (top players btw, not random "aimless spammers") running out of ammo at events (ixsy, nastia, whoami etc etc)".
UniX
User lv3
User lv3

Post by UniX »

Using your logic there would be endless amounts of all ammo otherwise you might run out.
You realize by having a finite amount of something you run the risk of running empty if you use it all.
Like money or most things in life.
I'm saying the amount of rockets greatly increases spam on those servers. Lowering the amount will reduce it.
Prove me wrong.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yeah, like if I would had said otherwise, sure if you remove all the weapons then there would be no fighting. no need to state the obvious. I'm telling you for a fact that the same rulesets are played by top players at the events and they do already have to cut it otherwise they run out of ammo. keep in mind, there's no refresh on round end, people have to go with that amount of ammo (hopefully) for the rest of the game (ex. the 10:0 pride-community game) or at least for various rounds (ex. plenty of the ami streaks at the pubs where he has to resort to plasma riding for movement) plus what they might stock up as well. you can't pretend to pull that off with what? 20 rockets?! and what ammo? like a few boxes for 10+ people?! I keep telling you, that's a useless amount of rockets within the context of this mode. the amount of ammo is appropriate.
UniX
User lv3
User lv3

Post by UniX »

Dude... this game is about being smart.
Smart with your timing, smart with your positioning and smart with your resources i.e health ammo armor etc.
Supply an over abundance of that then this game is just spam for spams sake.
Running out of ammo is good .. it makes you get smart about your surroundings and tactical options.
Your childish example of not having weapons at all is not worth answering.
P.s most games played are tit for tat games with the with a 10-9 score given that autobalance is semi working.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yeah and I'm just telling you with proven concise real use examples that there's no such over abundance as you're talking about and that the ammo values are already appropriate and a good compromise. that's the way this mode plays, if you don't like, that's perfectly fine but not because of that I'll turn it into something else.
UniX
User lv3
User lv3

Post by UniX »

What you're saying with so many words is; My server, my rules so STFU.
Which perfectly proves my point.
Lower amount of ammo reduces spam and we have gone through that discussion with grenades where you actually lowered the amount of grenades and reduced the nade spam.
Surprise surprise... the same thing applies to rockets.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yes, but grenades are obviously not even a secondary weapon that can probably be cut just like that (arguably, but it happened). rockets in the other hand are a main weapon as I'm telling you so yeah I take input/suggestions when they make sense and for solid, established reasons and quite frankly when they are even brought in another more positive light and properly argued not just like that and when they don't even make any sense to begin with. so what point you talking about? that you can not spam if you have no ammo, like do you need my approval to "prove" that? didn't I tell you already, no need to state the obvious? moreover, and what about all my points about rocket jumps, vicious top player streaks that will never have enough and all that proven stuff I brought? fuck it?! so that's what you telling me. that's not the way things work here so look if you are just pulling this off because you're so fucking bored just go somewhere else and stop wasting your time here.
UniX
User lv3
User lv3

Post by UniX »

I honestly can't see that I haven't established and solid reasons for my argument that the amount of rockets given promotes spamming.
You have proven that your self with grenades. Less rockets does not stop anyone from rocket jumping but they'll have to be conscious about ammo and where to get more if needed (use brain)
Well the problem with rockets is that they are overpowered by design, their rate of fire, range, splash damage and ability to propel objects make them like no other weapon in the game (bar the BFG) ID did put some limitations to rocket use by having a rather hefty cost to close combat with rockets by having self damage which you removed. All this adds to the problem; not only did you remove one of two limitations (other is rather low velocity) but you put a ton of rockets in in every game by default.
The many iteratons of Doolittle's mid í played in the early 2000's and even the Pro Mode FT all had this hard Mode stuff on .... crater, self damage,team damage and most importantly both teams spawned anew when one scored, that gave both teams equal footing and the games won't become tit for tat and BTW the team that has just spawned does not win the round 95% of the time cuz the other one is low on ammo ..Its because they are low on health..
If there is anything you can point your finger at in my arguments then it's the wording. My points are solid and written from experience.
Now take a deep breath before you get all personal and STFU everything that counters your understanding how how things work.
P.s a known trick for "vicious player streaks" is hiding ... wait till you auto spawn and hang out somewhere quiet and strike when you know most enemies are low on health.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

dude, you seem to not get it, I think I told you like a dozen times already, that's way the way this mod works and why and you just come back telling me the obvious (i.e. that you can not spam ammo that you don't have) like if I would have claimed otherwise (where?). you don't like it/disagree/your views don't align with mine or any random what, hey look that's totally cool, no problems at all, I'm not trying to "sell" you anything. I'm just telling that your suggestion/s are just pure garbage when it comes to this mod (i.e. it's just something else that doesn't go with it) which I assume for you that just makes this mode absolute garbage as well (which again it's totally fine, as I said plenty of times already, it's something else different and not just the same thing as what you're comparing it to). you think that by hiding with 20 rockets you're gonna solo 10 enemies for 10 rounds just because there's a few spare ammo bubbles, that's cool, go somewhere else and stop wasting your time. and also for the record even out of the rulesets you're talking about (vq3 I guess) the rockets are just the base top weapon, if anything the railgun or even the lightning are way more overpowered (and scarce) than the rockets there.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

UniX wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 17:48 What you're saying with so many words is; My server, my rules so STFU.
Which perfectly proves my point.
Lower amount of ammo reduces spam and we have gone through that discussion with grenades where you actually lowered the amount of grenades and reduced the nade spam.
Surprise surprise... the same thing applies to rockets.
I don't thinkso , he's partly saying your rubbish player anyway, i mean if your we're a proper noob like me maybe you get away with it

You need noob skilz to get good spam , but facenit your rubbish right?

Anyways no offence I got bored of your explanation lol hope you smiling :crazy: