Could we vote for the next map in the dead of night?

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.
9ll Belarus
User lv4
User lv4

Could we vote for the next map in the dead of night?

Post by 9ll Belarus »

When there are a few people left, we would like to play dm6 or dm13
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: Could we vote for the next map in the dead of night?

Post by adminless »

I think that when there are few people those two maps along with t2/4 are probably the ones most likely to load already. as commented plenty of times already, callvote is not a option for public servers as it just basically leads exactly to what you're requesting, just one or two maps servers at most among plenty of other undesirable things that in the long run do a lot more harm than good to public servers. if you want callvote though you have it enabled on the private server (same ips just port 27970 with public password 1234) instead which is basically meant for that.
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: cTh

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

BElarus Try to manipulate map rotation sometimes if there are several people on the server. all you have to do is disconnect from the server at the end of the map and join in a minute and a half. if you are afraid that people will start leaving right after you, then write a BRB information beforehand, maybe they will stay ))). I've done that myself many times. currently this method may be less effective due to the changes made to the map rotation and pool. but it still works. the greater probability of encountering smaller arenas is at the threshold of 9 - 11 people on the server.
Camaradas Iks De
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

hey great news thanks for the info I guess that after the finals I'll ban you for a month or so as reward for your findings.
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

what :D?
Camaradas Iks De
MyWifeHatesQ3
User lv3
User lv3

Post by MyWifeHatesQ3 »

Well, I am annoyed with cth connecting and disconnecting in the middle of the game ruining the balance. So, I am not surprised.
oKo*Magister
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: oKo*Magister

Post by oKo*Magister »

Say that to p0rsche and berkut lol
It's all in the spirit of Aimbot. *Mankubus voice*
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

MyWifeHatesQ3 wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 13:44 Well, I am annoyed with cth connecting and disconnecting in the middle of the game ruining the balance. So, I am not surprised.
not surprised for what ?. do you need me on your team to win the game??
Camaradas Iks De
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

adminless wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:01 hey great news thanks for the info I guess that after the finals I'll ban you for a month or so as reward for your findings.
You serious?

I kinda thought aswell that most players are regulars and thought request reasonable

But I assume in addition to your explanation it's not possible to do this at late evening
kf
Unleveled User

Post by kf »

you still can vote NO, and if there are more no votes, nothing changes. when it comes to me, 99% i disconnect if dm10 gets loaded or dm15 because it always ends in spam. and i often read before that many players also disconnect too. i really miss map11 at rotation there, perfectly for 10v10. ra3map1 would be amazing too (many of such rocket arena maps would be perfect for big unfreeze fights anyways). about balance i dont care pretty much, i always be in winning team and than i get switched to losing team just before the match ends anyways. i also saw some players switching to spec, waiting for rejoin at winning team, because they got smashed.
Prepare for fake .WTF!
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

map11? you mean q3dm11? q3dm11 loads everyday just as usual. as for the rest, yes, I know until people gets fed up of the sane guys always trying to manipulate/break the game and they just get reported and banned. it's what it's a pub and you just can't let it run like that and, needless to say, custom maps are not a option for the main ones. if you want custom maps, the competitive rotation (which is 70% custom maps) runs 24/7 on glacius (except for pure glacius times that it's then 100% custom maps).
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

kf wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:29 you still can vote NO, and if there are more no votes, nothing changes. when it comes to me, 99% i disconnect if dm10 gets loaded or dm15 because it always ends in spam. and i often read before that many players also disconnect too. i really miss map11 at rotation there, perfectly for 10v10. ra3map1 would be amazing too (many of such rocket arena maps would be perfect for big unfreeze fights anyways). about balance i dont care pretty much, i always be in winning team and than i get switched to losing team just before the match ends anyways. i also saw some players switching to spec, waiting for rejoin at winning team, because they got smashed.
I thought the switching thing was resolved used to happen to me allot lol
kf
Unleveled User

Post by kf »

no, i meant ra3map11... everybody knows as overkill (just still in my mind as map11 :D)
i also thought like you dont get such maps in rotation, but voteable you know :D
Prepare for fake .WTF!
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

hey as said, yes ra3map11d (overkill) runs 24/7 on glacius (provided there's enough players of course, the map is not gonna load on a empty server) besides btw it's like the top3 most played map at the events where many hate it for the very same reasons you started complaining about here (camping/pace) so it's far from the gold standard when it comes to this mode (and same can be said about ra3map1d, theater of pain, and ra3map4d, castle deathstalker, and pretty much all the rest of the ra3maps). btw due those complains I also adjusted it these days (overkill) as you can see on the attached screens so hopefully next times it plays some better.
Attachments
shot0026.jpg
shot0018.jpg
shot0017.jpg
shot0016.jpg
kf
Unleveled User

Post by kf »

they might be campy because they are designed for having time to get to meet yes. but maybe it works better at public :D competetively its always campy (same happens at dm14 or dm7 at public server anyways)
they are big with kinda imba positions. they should only load if there is full server anyways. but i think they could be nice. i know that you dont want to enable the downloads and thats why you might not giving it a try anyways, because if they load, the server would be empty :D glacius is mostly empty too. Karen does a good job to get players there at evening.
back to the start... i think it could be nice to enable votes but maybe you can edit it like you cant vote dm6 after it just got played for example. or you can set like a votelimit (1 vote per 10 minutes) but i dunno if its possible. :D
Prepare for fake .WTF!