Changes in dm7

Express Yourself here.
9ll Belarus
User lv4
User lv4

Changes in dm7

Post by 9ll Belarus »

The intrigue of this map is a teleport to the mega room. And megahealth in the mega room ☺

Why did you break the intrigue?
9ll Belarus
User lv4
User lv4

Re: Changes in dm7

Post by 9ll Belarus »

Also dm8...... red armor in the pool
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

both maps were played competitively and they were found not to be that good hence the changes and they were proven to be a improvement (at least dm8/14 so far that were chose a lot more and performed better on the events, hopefully one day we'll see about the "new" dm7). I know the pubs aren't really meant to be "competitive" but more "random" but still, I think the changes were deserved there anyways.
9ll Belarus
User lv4
User lv4

Post by 9ll Belarus »

It was the strategy of the game. Run behind the back in the mega room. Through the portal...
And take mega, at the same time ☺
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

in my opinion portal to dungeon it's a much more versatile option that opens the map and the game and it should allow for better play. not to mention camping on a remote spot to take a mega out of nowhere looks like kind of lame "strategy". probably some items could be better placed from the pub/casual game viewpoint (not for the competitive one) but the teleport change seems like the most logic to me.
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: cTh

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

i played dm7 a few times after the change and i have to say that this change is good. the map is a bit more dynamic, I think
Camaradas Iks De
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

oKo*CTHULHU wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:09 i played dm7 a few times after the change and i have to say that this change is good. the map is a bit more dynamic, I think
Yes cth has spoken

Anyways the teleport change is great
oKo*Magister
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: oKo*Magister

Post by oKo*Magister »

Maybe it will force dm7 to be more dynamic, but this map is crap anyways :D
It's all in the spirit of Aimbot. *Mankubus voice*
Boones
User lv3
User lv3

Post by Boones »

The "new" dm7 would/could be the old 7++ map I would say. It is in like 80 % dm7, so people that never played on it would learn it quick and easy, while the changes and new things adress most of the issues players have with the standard dm7 I think. Ofc this is a solution only for duel, scrims and clanwars type of servers. Implementing custom maps to a public server is never a good idea.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

I know, those were exactly my own words/thoughts when this was first brought although I believe that it's also good to have a alternative/modified (regular) dm7 layout anyways. at least now there's some (more slight) difference among the two and although it wasn't really a top competitive event from what I saw at the recent community game where it was played I think the changes were positive and it played some better.
kf
Unleveled User

Post by kf »

like belarus said i also dont understand such big swappings, and seriously the wrong teleport directions. if you want "balanced" dm7, competetive without camponly just enable the powerups. quad spawns at rail (ffa) for a reason and at tdm it spawns at plasma. opposite of red which is pretty much good to deny such boring games which we just saw mostly at dm7.
Prepare for fake .WTF!
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

just as I wrote from what I see at the events so far I think the changes were mostly positive (without being dramatic/a game changer of course) and I believe that further changes are just not a option/random.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

I am right only mega position is no good
kf
Unleveled User

Post by kf »

the changes might be a start, but they will not stop that tent gameplay. freezetag is still a kind of team deathmatch. why dont try something new and add powerups? they will stop such boring games where the teams just test their patience. whoever starts to attack first mostly loses the round, but quad will deny this redcamp at dm7 for example, cause nobody gives up quad for free.
Prepare for fake .WTF!
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yes this UnFreeZe thing is a mix of probably everything (even ctf included I'd say) but as I said a lot of times already at the same time all together it makes for something else different and that's what people signed up to play for competitively here, not tdm, not ffa, not even really canon/traditional ftag, not random something else games but UnFreeZe and that's the way this plays. those who probably prefer more tdm alike games can just go for the plenty (the majority) of the mid sized deathmatch maps available at the events while those who prefer more tactical games can just go for the tops that at the end of the day are just a handful and now turn those into "random" games reducing them just to a (random/cramped) battle for a absurdly overpowered item it's just not the way this plays. that's something else that I repeat it's not what people signed up to play competitively (not at "random") here and to be honest I even doubt that would even play any good. overall, as I see, I think it played great, I don't even really see any major problems, sure some different items balancing like the one posted here and other similar minor changes/adjustments can always be introduced but that's all. that's the way this plays.