UnFreeZe 2022 fall competition

UnFreeZe Tournament Fall 22 History - Team Pride Champions

what set of tie-breakers do you prefer for the finals?

Poll ended at Fri Jan 06, 2023 21:54

the classic complete historic one (6++ , q3dm7 , overkill , hub3tourney1 , pro-q3tourney2 , pro-q3dm13 , q3dm14 , reqdm5 , q3dm8)
11%
the regular season restricted one (6++ , reqdm5 , q3dm7 , pro-nodm9 , overkill , storm3tourney1 , q3dm8 , pro-q3tourney2 , bal3dm3)
89%

Total votes: 9

fau
User lv4
User lv4

Re: UnFreeZe 2022 fall competition

Post by fau »

ggs and well played, good luck in 3rd place match.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

@kf as I wrote you in-game those changes were introduced like a month ago after the regular season ended after revision of the maps so there was like a month to familiarize with the changes. if you did not take that chance, it's neither mine nor team community fault and it's just the way it's and the way this has been built and why it works, generally good, the way it does because it's modified and reviewed regularly to better adjust for the use at hand. if you compare the way the events works and how the games played from the beginning till now you'll can clearly see a difference and hopefully a improvement I guess so I'm not gonna stop doing it and I repeat the servers ran 24/7 for you to check and familiarize with any changes for like a month. it was not like they were randomly introduced out of nowhere the fight day and/or for no reason, they were added for a reason and available.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Post by fernandinho1337 »

Its all been said

Gg once again :)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, fpsclasico videos up since this morning and later on (once the fifth finish) I'll upload them to YouTube for those that follow this there. the fifth will take a little longer since it was really long game hehe so I guess that probably until afternoon not everything will be complete. overall a top tier competitive semi final that team community took home to become at least a two times consecutive runner up, a major feat for them regardless of the grand final outcome. probably a very balanced fight where team community experience/composure and, once again, team play/strategy (both in/off game) proved superior and likely the decisive factor for their victory. on the individual side it was definitively Miroslav best UnFreeZe game so far with a performance that could have easily worth a mvp had the night outcome accompanied him but unfortunately it wasn't the case. on the other side I think the man of the match falls on aimer this time as his team carrier on a resilient victory. once again GGs and very well played both despite the controversies.

btw just as a note following yesterday games to all the teams to avoid more controversies/problems, please remember that shit/trash talking (noobs, idiots, cheaters etc etc) during the games is not the way to go and it won't be tolerated so it may lead to punishment in one way or another. while some frustration it's always understandable and it's not like I'm gonna be kicking people for "raging" here and there at the same time I can not allow it to get out of hand then know that solid recurrent shit/trash talking will end up getting punished. other than that as well just to be safe in case somebody didn't notice please note here that the pro-dcmap7 version that will be played tomorrow has the following items swapped/changed over the regular one as seen on the screens attached since the moment it was added to the pool like a month ago.
Attachments
shot0005.jpg
shot0004.jpg
shot0003.jpg
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

breaking! the other semi final has been decided with a neck to neck back and fourth 2:3 victory for team pride with a stellar community legend {black}nastia performance to reach the grand final of the tournament in two plus hours of play, hardcore games, well played guys catch you on the top rated finals, Pride versus Community and Diamond versus oKo the next week.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

adminless wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 22:22 breaking! the other semi final has been decided with a neck to neck back and fourth 2:3 victory for team pride with a stellar community legend {black}nastia performance to reach the grand final of the tournament in two plus hours of play, hardcore games, well played guys catch you on the top rated finals, Pride versus Community and Diamond versus oKo the next week.
Ami FFA chempion :thumbup:
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

hehe yes the guy completely messed them up on the third (q3dm14) all by himself but the ixsy, odin, {black}nastia, ixxaaa, vyazemskiy fifth really looked set and ready to take this and proved to be too much, top performance. also on the fourth his connection broke beyond belief.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

adminless wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 23:08 hehe yes the guy completely messed them up on the third (q3dm14) all by himself but the ixsy, odin, {black}nastia, ixxaaa, vyazemskiy fifth really looked set and ready to take this and proved to be too much, top performance. also on the fourth his connection broke beyond belief.
Ami ranked chempion?

In UK ranked ranking rank can also mean smells lol

Just joking Ami
WhoAmI
User lv4
User lv4

Post by WhoAmI »

@Pacman - It's okay, don't worry.

@adminless - I didn't win dm14 alone. We won together :)

Thanks for a good game for Pride. It was fun. We missed training together. This time we will fight for 3rd place. Hope to see you next season :)

Also special thanks to @Mango. The only girl on the team. She helped a lot when Bl1nd wasn't there. It was the first time she played with us without training, so I admire her.
nattvday
User lv3
User lv3
in-game nick: oKo*Mango/Mango/nattvday

Post by nattvday »

WhoAmI wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:26 @Pacman - It's okay, don't worry.

Thanks for a good game for Pride. It was fun. We missed training together. This time we will fight for 3rd place. Hope to see you next season :)

Also special thanks to @Mango. The only girl on the team. She helped a lot when Bl1nd wasn't there. It was the first time she played with us without training, so I admire her.
Thanks Ami I didn't expect sucha kind words :) To be honest I know I could do better so I am not fully satisfied with my game but I wanna train and improve so be prepared guys for girl kicking your ass next time! 😅😅
Congrats Pride!
And of course... oKo Power! 😃😃
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

WhoAmI wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:26 @Pacman - It's okay, don't worry.

@ami flick chempion
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

hehe yes, it was huge, very similar overall semi final to the other one although when one lookup to the stats they tell that this time Team Pride won more clearly despite coming from behind on the table. undisputed is undisputed and probably they haven't even really won anything else (yet) but I'd say that beside the time they defeated Team UnFreeZe like two years ago yesterday night was pride biggest win so far. after a very difficult regular season where they literally needed a one week timeout to move past former lineal and nemesis champions ilm to capture a win that otherwise it ultimately end up proving their deciding moment (had ilm took that and there would be pride no more on the finals, it would all have been for ilm) mostly dominated by ixsy and more of a individual style I think pride finally recovered their ultimate team form and showed up that they are something else beside a elite player. in particular as noted, I think that it was finally long community stander legend {black}nastia big night here and was probably the deciding player that ended making the difference. overall I'd say that the ixsy, odin, {black}nastia, ixxaaa, vyazemskiy fifth it's probably only matched by the blaze, iron, fus1on, orgi, mikes fifth at least statistically, that being said I believe that it's interesting how the game time and time again shows that there's a lot more to it than just synthetic stats and another year the difference between regular seasons and knockout games. as said, overall a tremendous fight by both, I think oKo played and tried their best as well but it was just not enough to deny pride a spot on the grand final of the next week to finally capture what was once theirs, the spot as the number one team if they manage to move past top notch community fight strategies. ggs guys and to be honest also looking forward that Diamond-oKo rematch kf was talking about, that looks like heat as well. well played.

as for the controversy about maps/changes and all that now that the round finished and were finally proven (not theoretically, for a fact), as said, first of all, I don't even think that the changes dramatically changed nothing to begin with but still I believe were small improvements as said and is intended. it's obvious that if two don't really wanna engage and/or deploy overly cautious tactics it's probably not even gonna matter the map as seen for example on the hub diamond-community game. before the dm7 stalemate without being one that game was already slow beyond the norm for that map hinting the trend. in my opinion, that's just normal for decisive fights and it's just what it's, that being said I think that it still worked some better than other rounds. yesterday dm14 was really only dragged that much because of one single player that refused to concede and went on a vendetta mostly alone (to end up succeeding once again on that map though). pro-nodm9 (as well as dm7) I think were finally more balanced and not just as cramped and teddm1 was played on the all-star game and while for pubs that's absolute garbage (unplayable I'd say) at least for this level (beyond competitive) looked like a good game same as yesterday pro-dcmap7 with those item balancing that it was probably finally one of the best games (in terms of play) of the night. so I think that despite the complains, the changes were once again positive. btw following that topic as I revised the files/packages I also found out that the bloodcovenant authors (not me this time) had released an updated version of the map then I just updated that everywhere (servers and clients) then please make sure to sync that as well on your installation (i.e. bloodcovenant.zip). it's not big deal as the changes just appear to be minor items/vis/light improvements (i.e. some better play/higher fps/visuals) and the previous version it even seems to be compatible with the new but still it's important to update just to be safe.

ok, so it's time to move to the final round I guess, without further redo, here it's:
  • third place final
    • Diamond Clan vs oKo Clan (Friday 27 of January of 2023 21:00 CET)
  • Grand Final
    • Team Pride vs Team Community (Sunday 29 of January of 2023 18:00 CET)
to avoid problems with the time the grand final I believe that it should be played on a Sunday (or at least a international holiday) afternoon rather than a weekday or a night so initially I set it for the next Sunday 29 of January of 2023 18:00 CET. the third place can probably be played at any time to determine (always in the short term, not in some months, in weeks term at the very most) so initially I set it for the Friday 27 of January of 2023 21:00 CET. as usual now please get back to me to either confirm those dates or to look for another ones within this week no later than the Sunday 22 of January of 2022 23:59 CET (UTC+01) to then carry through with the map/block choices in the days after (Wednesday/Thursday). as said (and as can be seen), now there's no another month to set up this so regular/"normal" (i.e. reasonable) deadlines will apply.

ok, good so I guess we are done, great round, very exciting, yesterday fight was huge so even by now with those settings/quality only half of it is done then I assume by afternoon or so I'll probably open the thread for it although probably until the night it won't be fully complete (I have to manually cut/merge the broken fourth game, that's not automated). additionally as small bonus on the tournament scoreboard/summary I added yesterday the finals team stats all the same as on the regular season, same as on there, they won't really be meaningful until they get updated with the last round results although I believe that are still relevant/interesting by now.
MyWifeHatesQ3
User lv3
User lv3

Post by MyWifeHatesQ3 »

adminless wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:43
ok, so it's time to move to the final round I guess, without further redo, here it's:
  • third place final
    • Diamond Clan vs oKo Clan (Friday 27 of January of 2023 21:00 CET)
  • Grand Final
    • Team Pride vs Team Community (Sunday 29 of January of 2023 18:00 CET)
So, we wait for Team Pride and DC to choose maps as they are home teams?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yes, they have to chose first although first and foremost what's needs to be agreed "as we speak" (i.e. this weekend) is a fight date. the choices/blocks will follow next after that with the usual procedure, dc/pride chose three maps, then oko/community chose other three different maps and block one from dc/pride choices and from tie-breakers, then dc/pride block another map from oko/community choices and ultimately directly decide the fight tie-breaker among the last two remaining choices.
Alexander
User lv3
User lv3

Post by Alexander »

We are ready to play on 29th at 18:00 CET as proposed.
Our maps: teddm1, overkill, pro-dcmap7.