[video] Just a simple fan video :-)

Express Yourself here.
Lisa_Ann
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: LisaTheAnn

Re: [video] Just a simple fan video :-)

Post by Lisa_Ann »

oKo*CTHULHU wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 19:29 lis is the BOSS !
Haha! XD

Happy New Year master Chutulu! :>
Lisa_Ann
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Lisa_Ann »

Enjoy FAN video!

Used darkplaces engine and HD textures.

I just cut the video, I didn't make it. I downloaded the demos from the internet.

In the next step I will try to use the shaders and textures of the enhanced quake with the darkplace engine, and there will also be custom shaders, unfortunately my machine does not know rtx, as I am still struggling with an old m2000m quadro. :-)

unfortunately, YouTube compresses the video to its core, even though the original 20 Gb was compressed with 60 MBit/s, it is sharp live.

Thanks to the demos:

Runners:
The Slipgate Complex E1M1 Arturo Garcia Lasca 1:02 0:11
Castle Of The Damned E1M2 Arturo Garcia Lasca 1:03 0:09
The Necropolis E1M3 Thomas Stubgaard 1:42 0:20
The Grisly Grotto E1M4 Arturo Garcia Lasca 1:29 0:36
Ziggurat Vertigo E1M8 Connor Fitzgerald 0:50 0:22
Gloom Keep E1M5 Arturo Garcia Lasca 1:10 0:22
The Door To Chthon E1M6 Peter Horvath 0:48 0:08
The House Of Chthon E1M7 Mathias Thore 0:21 0:01

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Episode 1 - Dimension Of The Doomed 8:25 2:09

Introduction START
The Installation E2M1 Thomas Stubgaard 1:23 0:08
The Ogre Citadel E2M2 Carl Tholin 1:08 0:16
The Crypt Of Decay E2M3 Thomas Stubgaard 1:49 0:30
The Underearth E2M7 Thomas Stubgaard 1:42 0:31
The Ebon Fortress E2M4 Thomas Stubgaard 2:04 0:18
The Wizard's Manse E2M5 Thomas Stubgaard 1:47 0:32
The Dismal Oubliette E2M6 Thomas Stubgaard 2:59 0:36

Episode 2 - The Realm Of Black Magic 12:52 2:51

Introduction START
Termination Central E3M1 Thomas Stubgaard 1:29 0:14
The Vaults Of Zin E3M2 Thomas Stubgaard 1:20 0:09
The Tomb Of Terror E3M3 Thomas Stubgaard 1:18 0:24
Satan's Dark Delight E3M4 Thomas Stubgaard 1:22 0:13
The Haunted Halls E3M7 Thomas Bergendorff 0:51 0:11
The Wind Tunnels E3M5 Thomas Stubgaard 1:32 0:20
The Chambers Of Torment E3M6 Karol Urbanski 1:50 0:18

Episode 3 - The Netherworld 9:42 1:49

Introduction START
The Sewage System E4M1 Peter Horvath 0:58 0:11
The Tower Of Despair E4M2 Peter Horvath 1:17 0:25
The Elder God Shrine E4M3 Thomas Stubgaard 3:45 0:23
The Palace Of Hate E4M4 Thomas Stubgaard 2:37 0:29
Hell's Atrium E4M5 Thomas Stubgaard 2:00 0:21
The Nameless City E4M8 Thomas Stubgaard 2:26 0:17
The Pain Maze E4M6 Jaakko Alakopsa 1:36 0:50
Azure Agony E4M7 Aleksander Osipov 1:27 0:42

Episode 4 - The Elder World 16:06 3:38

Introduction START
Shub-Niggurath's Pit END Thomas Stubgaard 0:55 1:04

This is not a new record, it is now held by a Hungarian
player Muty holds it with 57m 16s.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

crazy stuff, I remember back when I put together the legacy 32 bit system image, there were entire communities dedicated just to those legacy dos shareware id games even till this day. those games ended up becoming like a cult, great video, epic compilation.
Lisa_Ann
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Lisa_Ann »

In 2024 I will try to make a more normal video again. Probably a glacius server. It's interesting to see how much one's game changes over time. It's weird compared to my first video.:>
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

smooth, great work as usual.
Lisa_Ann
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Lisa_Ann »

>
Lisa_Ann
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Lisa_Ann »

OpenAL Soft is an LGPL-licensed, cross-platform, software implementation of the OpenAL 3D audio API. It's forked from the open-sourced Windows version available originally from openal.org's SVN repository (now defunct). OpenAL provides capabilities for playing audio in a virtual 3D environment. Distance attenuation, doppler shift, and directional sound emitters are among the features handled by the API. More advanced effects, including air absorption, occlusion, and environmental reverb, are available through the EFX extension. It also facilitates streaming audio, multi-channel buffers, and audio capture.

Ioquake3 use OpenAL!

HRTF (Head Related Transfer Functions) refers to the way that the curvature of one's ears are used to localize sound in 3D space. Algorithms exist that can simulate this action, allowing for full 3D surround sound with just a normal pair of earphones or headphones. The resulting audio is refered to as binaural. While some games, such as CS:GO and Quake Champions include built-in HRTF options, many other games do not; requires external wrappers to enable. As such, it is not recommended for online usage. Listed are methods for adding HRTF using various APIs.

This 3D sound gives me a great gaming experience. The sound quality also seems better, although it obviously requires a suitable sound system.

I tried it with a studio monitor sound wall and studio headphones (both low-end) and it's amazingly good. I uploaded a quick ingame video, I didn't cut anything on it. The first 1 minute is not good because the story got stuck because of the music, but after that I turned it off and it works really well. Unfortunately, YouTube is not the real thing in terms of frame rate or sound quality, but the difference is still noticeable.

It also works on a smooth stereo system (this one is also in stereo).

I tried it against a bot, it's great to finally be able to hear where it is normally.

If there is a demand for it, I will describe how to install it, if not, then 1 video file more. :>
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

Lisa_Ann wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 21:30

OpenAL Soft is an LGPL-licensed, cross-platform, software implementation of the OpenAL 3D audio API. It's forked from the open-sourced Windows version available originally from openal.org's SVN repository (now defunct). OpenAL provides capabilities for playing audio in a virtual 3D environment. Distance attenuation, doppler shift, and directional sound emitters are among the features handled by the API. More advanced effects, including air absorption, occlusion, and environmental reverb, are available through the EFX extension. It also facilitates streaming audio, multi-channel buffers, and audio capture.

Ioquake3 use OpenAL!

HRTF (Head Related Transfer Functions) refers to the way that the curvature of one's ears are used to localize sound in 3D space. Algorithms exist that can simulate this action, allowing for full 3D surround sound with just a normal pair of earphones or headphones. The resulting audio is refered to as binaural. While some games, such as CS:GO and Quake Champions include built-in HRTF options, many other games do not; requires external wrappers to enable. As such, it is not recommended for online usage. Listed are methods for adding HRTF using various APIs.

This 3D sound gives me a great gaming experience. The sound quality also seems better, although it obviously requires a suitable sound system.

I tried it with a studio monitor sound wall and studio headphones (both low-end) and it's amazingly good. I uploaded a quick ingame video, I didn't cut anything on it. The first 1 minute is not good because the story got stuck because of the music, but after that I turned it off and it works really well. Unfortunately, YouTube is not the real thing in terms of frame rate or sound quality, but the difference is still noticeable.

It also works on a smooth stereo system (this one is also in stereo).

I tried it against a bot, it's great to finally be able to hear where it is normally.

If there is a demand for it, I will describe how to install it, if not, then 1 video file more. :>
Can you like explain this , as if your explaining it to someone who doesn't know sh**

And I don't know , what is it?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

it means the library the game engine uses to communicate audio to the hardware. you can think of that as some sort of middleware in-between the game and the audio driver. yes ioquake3 does natively support openal at runtime (s_useopenal 1 to enable or 0 to disable is the option) although for consistence with the original game and to avoid further dependencies (not all systems and hardware support it) on the builds I produce here they are compiled without openal support. they still use the original system libraries (direct sound, oss/alsa, cocoa and/or the android sound api) instead. in my experience with regular consumer audio chips (i.e. the on-board realtek audio chips and the likes) and standard headphones is probably not worth. yes, it probably produces some superior sound quality and it also feature some enhancements (i.e. post procesing) but that's all about it. it doesn't sound the way most people is used to and it's far from a dramatic improvement or anything in most circumstances/situations.
Lisa_Ann
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Lisa_Ann »

adminless wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 23:48 it means the library the game engine uses to communicate audio to the hardware. you can think of that as some sort of middleware in-between the game and the audio driver. yes ioquake3 does natively support openal at runtime (s_useopenal 1 to enable or 0 to disable is the option) although for consistence with the original game and to avoid further dependencies (not all systems and hardware support it) on the builds I produce here they are compiled without openal support. they still use the original system libraries (direct sound, oss/alsa, cocoa and/or the android sound api) instead. in my experience with regular consumer audio chips (i.e. the on-board realtek audio chips and the likes) and standard headphones is probably not worth. yes, it probably produces some superior sound quality and it also feature some enhancements (i.e. post procesing) but that's all about it. it doesn't sound the way most people is used too and it's far from a dramatic improvement or anything in most circumstances/situations.
Well, it gave me a great experience at first, although the truth is that it needs at least some studio stuff. The plasma weapon, but also the sound of the rocket gives me a lot and I can hear the enemy much better (although the small number of people can be an advantage). I don't want to put the world to sleep with it, but a lot of people use it in a lot of fps (I think it's also built into quake champions). I thought you would find it interesting here.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yeah, I do, and I think that it's a handy addition to the community, thank you for the input. I was just sharing my thoughts about it. I know, openal is pretty much default starting with idtech4 (i.e. doom3/quake4), in fact, I assume the openal ioq3 support has just been imported from there. as said, in my opinion is great to play with but it's probably not as relevant/interesting overall for the average user. I personally dislike that the game sounds different depending on the audio card and also the post processing raise even some concerns about latency and/or even performance in low end/legacy systems therefore why I keep it out of the standard builds here at least by now.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

Lisa_Ann wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 23:58
adminless wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 23:48 it means the library the game engine uses to communicate audio to the hardware. you can think of that as some sort of middleware in-between the game and the audio driver. yes ioquake3 does natively support openal at runtime (s_useopenal 1 to enable or 0 to disable is the option) although for consistence with the original game and to avoid further dependencies (not all systems and hardware support it) on the builds I produce here they are compiled without openal support. they still use the original system libraries (direct sound, oss/alsa, cocoa and/or the android sound api) instead. in my experience with regular consumer audio chips (i.e. the on-board realtek audio chips and the likes) and standard headphones is probably not worth. yes, it probably produces some superior sound quality and it also feature some enhancements (i.e. post procesing) but that's all about it. it doesn't sound the way most people is used too and it's far from a dramatic improvement or anything in most circumstances/situations.
Well, it gave me a great experience at first, although the truth is that it needs at least some studio stuff. The plasma weapon, but also the sound of the rocket gives me a lot and I can hear the enemy much better (although the small number of people can be an advantage). I don't want to put the world to sleep with it, but a lot of people use it in a lot of fps (I think it's also built into quake champions). I thought you would find it interesting here.
You think individuals hearing will effect this? Just like fov and vision right?
Lisa_Ann
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Lisa_Ann »

PacMan wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:04
Lisa_Ann wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 23:58

You think individuals hearing will effect this? Just like fov and vision right?
I don't know. Need time to test it. It has to many options. And in 2024 i have many projects in my workplace.. But I think it's a Interesting option :>
Lisa_Ann
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Lisa_Ann »

Hello!

Another video, I managed to get tools, so I managed to improve the image quality. Unfortunately, I could only record it by phone for the time being, but a stand, etc., is being procured. to create a higher quality video. Unfortunately, the video cannot show the speed either, and the image is changed by the camera because of the cathode ray tube. In this case, the image is much sharper and not blue but green. In addition, the camera "burns out" the recording in some places. I don't know how much the image update can be, but it went smoothly at 500 Hz (I didn't see any difference compared to 100 Hz). however, 60 Hz is already noticeable.
I think the graphics have improved a lot compared to the first version.

You can play in real time, I just couldn't record the demo, but I played old NES games on it with a controller. ( Chip aan Dale 2 ahaha ).

redrum
User lv4
User lv4

Post by redrum »

--- you can play in real time --- how big is lag, is it playable lag ? The image really looks better and better.