UnFreeZe 2022 fall competition

UnFreeZe Tournament Fall 22 History - Team Pride Champions

what set of tie-breakers do you prefer for the finals?

Poll ended at Fri Jan 06, 2023 21:54

the classic complete historic one (6++ , q3dm7 , overkill , hub3tourney1 , pro-q3tourney2 , pro-q3dm13 , q3dm14 , reqdm5 , q3dm8)
11%
the regular season restricted one (6++ , reqdm5 , q3dm7 , pro-nodm9 , overkill , storm3tourney1 , q3dm8 , pro-q3tourney2 , bal3dm3)
89%

Total votes: 9

adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: UnFreeZe 2022 fall competition

Post by adminless »

ok, results/stats updated/reviewed now and they are very exciting. still at the wait of the last final fight I think it's fair to say that it was really a neck to neck season. so long story short as advanced with this night wtf win over community 1:3 they have made oKo winner of the regular season already (btw once again considering they show up tomorrow and honor the game [i.e. that they at least press some keys on their keyboards and move around their mouses just with a slight intention of disputing the game] of course otherwise [i.e. they show just to spec the game, mock their opponent, clean up their mouse mats, talk on their phones and/or any other random shit] they will get immediately done right on the spot and ilm would advance) and they pretty much have tied between them at almost everything. they (wtf) ultimately will just take one place above community on the scoreboard only because one more "away" win on the record. then basically now all that is left to decide tomorrow (records apart of course that to be honest they do also count and quite frankly are part of the fun) is if the finals for this after the holidays will be either a direct rematch of this round. oKo-Pride and Diamond-Community, in case oKo prevails or we will have a different bracket with oKo-Community and Pride-Diamond in case pride takes home the victory tomorrow and with it the second place of the regular season as well. the (sub) score will finally not matter only the overall fight win/loss so as can be seen it's still gonna very interesting as I think that there's a lot of stake (i.e. from finishing fourth to advancing as runner up and getting a much better outlook on the finals besides the stats/record of course) so good luck and have fun. catch you tomorrow in-game.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

breaking already first place oKo defied expectations (and even logic to be honest) and prevailed on something that really looked easily like a anticipated grand final full of top plays against a legendary team pride finally deciding the semi finals in one month (approx) after the holidays as oKo-Pride and Diamond-Community (i.e. did I hear rematch?!). congrats everybody for participating and completing the first phase in full, hurrah!
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

well all finished and reviewed now with the regular season results and stats, very interesting stuff to be honest, ggs guys. I guess I'll discuss (i.e. spam) all this more in details across the next weeks but just a few points so far to get started with the next phase.

first, as it's tradition I selected now (and posted on the tournament resume) the best eight of the regular (eight this time instead of just five due the amount of people that participated). as usual the list doesn't meant to be the holy grail/"undisputed" or anything, it's just my usual mix of synthetic game analysis as well as in-game/off-game observation so without further redo it goes like this ami, ixsy, fau, blaze, ricky, olc, odin, heero with ami as mvp of the season as expected to be honest.

in addition to the best eight I also computed the previous days the top 20 list to may standards that it goes like this ami, ixsy, fau, blaze, ricky, olc, odin, heero, miroslav, ironmonkey, aimer, kf, rico, crm, fusion, magister, nastia, d4widoV, cthulhu, ribx so congrats to anybody that made it that far, massive games. with that I was thinking that probably it would be a good idea to use the holiday break to setup the all-star game that comprises between 12 and 16 for example on fun maps ospdm1, japandm, ospdm14, q3sh14, teddm1 let's say the next Tuesday 2 of January of 2023 or the Wednesday 3 of January of 2023 instead of waiting after the final phase (i.e. months). as said I'll probably brought that properly on a separate thread and appropriately invite everyone on the list to participate (assuming some people will decline, be unavailable etc) so just saying.

ok, now for the final phase to be established one week or after the eastern orthodox holiday of Christmas the 7 of January of 2023 as mentioned since this moment until the such date (i.e. 7 of January of 2023 20:00 MCK [UTC+03]) the teams that advanced and that remain on the competition will be allowed to recruit new players/makes changes on their roasters subjects to some limitations as usual. so basically teams can't recruit anybody that already participated on the regular season and at the same time they must keep the core (at least five people) that participated on the regular season this way only 1-3 changes will be allowed from new players that have not already participated on the tournament. I guess that for the rest I'll talk about on the respective thread (not here) so for those that continue I'll put the current registered line ups down bellow then please make sure to note them and properly communicate any changes so the people know. also I noticed that some teams registered players (notably parovoz from pride, def for wtf, puejoint from over and venum from oko) that they ended up not using at all not even once during the tournament. in my opinion the season was long and rich enough as for everyone to have at least a chance to dispute a few games here and there therefore I decided to remove those players from those teams and they can't just join recruit them again just like that.
  • oKo Clan: whoami, cthulhu, magister, yub, cachuete, bl!nd, mango
  • Diamond Clan: miro, olc, kf, viper, frag_masin
  • Team Community: fau, aimer, semisek, pks, MyWifeHatesQ3, lee, ribx
  • Team Pride: ixsy, odin, {black}nastia, ixxaaa, labr, vyazemskiy, network
as brought mid season the group of players (miro, olc, kf, viper, frag_masin, P0rsche, berkut) that initially registered here under the name WTF finally parted ways (i.e. P0rsche/berkut) and due disputes about the clan name they (the core rest) will move on as the temporary named Diamond Clan instead while they come up with something and additionally now will need to register at least one more player in order to carry on with the competition. needless to say in top of the previous rulesets they can't either recruit (yet again) P0rsche/berkut (or now "move back" to "wtf") again.

now for the map pool as I already announced previously after review (and update too) the maps these days finally updated it with 13hell, pro-dcmap7 (again) and teddm1 (aka standalone ospdm5) so now the pool of maps eligible to be played on the finals it's like this: as for the updated fixed set of tie-breakers as it was called to take in consideration all the season input the raw database tie-breakers function looks like this:

Code: Select all

+-------+----------------+---------------------+
| times | map            | last                |
|    31 | q3dm7          | 2022-12-06 21:58:09 |
|    29 | overkill       | 2022-12-21 20:38:02 |
|    26 | hub3tourney1   | 2022-12-08 21:05:01 |
|    25 | 6++            | 2022-12-21 20:22:08 |
|    24 | pro-q3dm6      | 2022-12-15 21:09:28 |
|    18 | pro-q3tourney2 | 2022-12-21 21:25:51 |
|    14 | q3dm14         | 2022-12-21 20:01:38 |
|    12 | pro-q3dm13     | 2022-11-24 22:36:56 |
|    11 | reqdm5         | 2022-12-15 21:37:18 |
|    10 | q3dm8          | 2022-12-21 21:02:48 |
|     6 | storm3tourney1 | 2022-12-12 22:00:32 |
|     6 | q3dm11         | 2022-03-01 21:44:36 |
|     5 | pro-q3tourney7 | 2022-12-20 21:26:38 |
|     5 | pro-nodm9      | 2022-12-20 20:38:32 |
|     5 | bloodcovenant  | 2022-11-20 21:19:30 |
|     4 | charon3dm9     | 2022-11-30 21:14:34 |
|     4 | phantq3dm1_rev | 2022-11-08 22:02:40 |
|     3 | bal3dm3        | 2022-12-20 21:09:11 |
|     3 | 7++            | 2022-11-30 20:37:53 |
|     1 | phantq3dm3_rev | 2022-03-27 22:27:52 |
|     1 | pro-dcmap7     | 2021-05-17 21:26:43 |
|     1 | pro-q3tourney4 | 2021-03-20 19:03:53 |
as usual if somebody think that I making this up or anything just feel free to browser the ranked game stats and add them yourself so once all that properly grouped it basically just gives this tie-breakers set for the finals: and I think that by now that should be it if so I'll just go writing something more as it unfolds. now regarding this night fight as a bonus mention that mvp of the season player WhoAmI finished the league setting another historic score efficiency record against the previous holder ixsy on the opening game, just same three deaths but up to 18 points (17:1) instead of "just" 16 (11:5) marking as well I think the first historic record pride conceded since I started tracking them, massive.
aimer
User lv4
User lv4

Post by aimer »

Out of curiosity, does the map count in the table exclude the times when those maps have been played as tie breaker (to avoid any confirmation bias)?
MyWifeHatesQ3
User lv3
User lv3

Post by MyWifeHatesQ3 »

adminless wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 23:47
as usual if somebody think that I making this up or anything just feel free to browser the ranked game stats and add them yourself so once all that properly grouped it basically just gives this tie-breakers set for the finals:
I attached summary from my records from this tournament.
Overall, I would say that tie map list is fine (sequence could be discussed). But I would have replaced overkill with storm.
Overkill was in tie queue 10 times and was picked only once (by overruling ass). Not sure that it is a good choice for tie.
Attachments
pick stat.jpg
tie stat.jpg
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

@aimer no, they do include the tie-breaker occurrences (if the fight made it that far of course which probably it's a minority of the times) so basically that adds everything that has been played/ranked. btw it's interesting that finally the list did not significantly differ from that of the regular season, only changes were that finally 6++ overtook pro-q3dm6 and that "new" map reqdm5 made it straight into the list (yes, which will now get potentially reinforced as a tie-breaker or will get overtook as well by some of the lower maps, no big deal).

@mwhq3 as I just explained the database function from where I compute that (whose raw output I just posted) it's not just limited to the picks but really to what has been ultimately played (which btw just came given from your choices, as the first tie-breakers came from popularity and then all just picked from there, the tie-breakers are really tie-breakers because you made them tie-breakers in the first place and as example you can have req3dm5) and neither it's just limited to the regular season. it adds everything that has been played/ranked from this season as well as from previous editions and events, in other words, it's complete and historic. in that sense I think overkill it's by far a much more (if not the most) popular, known and particularly played map as to feature on than storm3tourney1 that until this edition it hadn't really been played (at least here while overkill has been played literally for decades and it was nevertheless a top pick for various teams and fights). I think there could be some argument about that but considering teams can now block tie-breakers as well at the end of the day if some tie-breaker is just "shit" it can just be skipped as you're saying which essentially it will just correct itself on future function pulls as I'm telling you, no big deal.
MyWifeHatesQ3
User lv3
User lv3

Post by MyWifeHatesQ3 »

adminless wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:56 which btw just came given from your choices
I am not sure we have ever chosen overkill or 6++. These numbers happened because one team just plays 3 home maps. Those teams that play different maps will not have their choices high enough in the tie list.
The fact that overkill has 1 overruled tie pick out of 10 (since bans were introduced) just says that it is not a good map for every team (which a tie map is supposed to be).
For example, q3m8 has never been banned. That is an example of a perfect option for tie-breaker.
P.S. 12 picks of overkill incude 6 oko picks, 5 pride picks and 1 ILM pick. 4 teams never chose it to play this year.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yes I know but you just can't pretend now like those guys don't exist/count and/or like if all that you're pointing out never happened particularly when we're talking about champions and even former undisputed champions there, not random guys/teams/games, so alienate them just like that is definitively not the right way to go. that's part of the agreed deal and how the established rulesets play out besides just to be safe I manually compiled now your first chart (so please let me know if I miscalculated something) with the regular season subset and excluding the tie-breakers as requested and as you can see on that 6++ and overkill still come on top pretty much all the same (which seems to be your major concern):
  1. 6++: 15 (8,4,3) - 18 (10,5,3):3 (2,1,0)
  2. reqdm5: 11 - 13:2
  3. q3dm7: 10 (7,3) - 13 (8,5):3 (1,2)
  4. pro-nodm9: 7 (6:1) - 11 (9,2):4 (3,1)
  5. overkill: 6 - 12:6
  6. storm3tourney1: 6 - 8:2
  7. q3dm8: 6 - 6:0
  8. pro-q3tourney2: 5 - 6:1
  9. bal3dm3: 4 - 10:6
  10. hub3tourney1: 4 - 10:6
  11. charon3dm9: 4 - 7:3
  12. q3dm14: 3 - 4:1
  13. pro-q3tourney7: 2 - 4:2
  14. phantq3dm1_rev: 1 - 4:3
essentially from that input the set of tie-breakers that would come out for the finals would be 6++, reqdm5, q3dm7, pro-nodm9, overkill, storm3tourney1, q3dm8, pro-q3tourney2, bal3dm3 instead (which is kind of similar btw, probably the only significant differences would be reqdm5 almost on top instead of almost on bottom and bal3dm3 instead of q3dm14. the pro-nodm9 instead of pro-q3dm13, storm3tourney1 instead of hub3tourney1 and the rest of order differences are probably not that significant). I guess that given the case I can offer the choice between both set of tie-breakers for the finals (the classic complete historic one or the limited subset one I just posted here) for you to vote on a forum poll here along the holidays (i.e. two weeks) that I'll open now and I'll just make whatever comes out from that the set for the finals after the holidays. other mixed/alternative solutions are not possible because as I'm telling you that's the well known agreed deal and the well established procedure so anything else would be just arbitrary and to be honest it would just come across as trying to rip off and/or potential benefit some people or another which is a bad thing and exactly the reason why that set is fixed and announced well in advance.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

btw just as a reminder here remember that the deadline for the tie-breakers poll on this thread as well as to make any roster changes end this week (Sunday 8 of January 2023 approx and diamond needs to incorporate at least one more player by then) and that by then we should proceed with the finals. as far as I know/remember from other events I believe that probably some people on eastern territories isn't back from holidays typically until the 15 of January (approx) then I think that finally I delayed the finals one week then basically this is what I have so far.

UnFreeZe League Fall 22 Finals
  • semifinals
    1. oKo Clan vs Team Pride (Thursday 19 of January of 2023 20:00 CET)
    2. Diamond Clan vs Team Community (Tuesday 17 of January of 2023 21:00 CET)
  • third place final
    • semifinal b loser vs semifinal a loser (Friday 27 of January of 2023 21:00 CET)
  • Grand Final
    • semifinal a winner vs semifinal b winner (Sunday 29 of January of 2023 21:00 CET)
map pool tie-breakers (so far see poll) teams rosters
  • Diamond Clan: miro, olc, kf, viper, frag_masin and nobody else while they don't get anybody else
apparently oKo-pride have already agree such date (please correct me if I'm wrong) then just waiting now to decide the tie-breakers on the next days to proceed with the map choices as well. for the other diamond-community semi-final as said, first diamond needs to register at least one other member that meets the criteria to carry on within this week at most. if they fail to do so I guess that I'm not gonna disqualify them because of that and I'll just register nobody else and nobody else beside those five will be allowed on the finals although that's clearly a violation and not the way it's supposed to be (i.e. no good). once that's resolved as well as the tie-breakers then we'll proceed with that as well. for the date it was moved but still if it's convenient for both I think that can be perfectly done the next week anyways so just let me know. in any case, since now it's just a few fights there will probably not so narrow deadlines but still things won't be allowed to be unnecessarily dragged with no end. finally please also note that the bracket includes a third place final between both semi-final losers before the grand final that is mandatory (not random, undercard or by any other means irrelevant game) and that therefore it needs to be played, respected and properly honored as well.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

finally added now HolySquid to the Diamond roster and they (diamond as well) picked pro-nodm9, reqdm5, storm3tourney1 already for their semi final against team community then I guess that now all that is left to do about that semi final is to chose a date within this week. I think that probably any day between the Monday 9 and Wednesday 18 at the usual 21:00 CET (approx) can work out for that matter so let me know now (both). as for the tie-breakers poll there's still time left but to be honest it looks pretty much decided already so I assume that unless some major/drastic changes within the next few days if it remains like this with not even anybody opposing the change I believe that probably by the Thursday/Friday that can be closed to proceed with the final picks (there was more than enough time to vote/participate on the discussion).
fau
User lv4
User lv4

Post by fau »

Our map picks:
phant, bal3dm3, hub3tourney1
We drop req from diamond picks and 6++ from tie-breaker list
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

excellent, thanks for that, noted now. as said, the tie-breakers isn't decided yet (although it looks like more than it by now) but whatever the case is 6++ will be on the list (and as number one) so the tie block is right and I'll keep you updated about the rest. ok, then all that is left about that is mostly just find the date, diamond said next week was no good for them as well then I guess that we'll just try to go by the currently proposed date of the Tuesday 17 of January of 2023 21:00 CET so please let me know if that works for you or we need to look for another one (initially I understood that one works for diamond).
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok as said the tie-breakers pool has run for weeks already and as it currently stands it's 8:1 with the only against vote even a internal team split vote then with that along the all-star game finally all complete (over the top games btw it was massive) I think it's finally time to proceed with this already. additionally for other than the diamond mandatory addition I did not receive any further team updates (the deadline for any changes is pretty much now as we speak) then I understand that the teams will remain just as they were so this is how this stands so far:

UnFreeZe League Fall 22 Finals
  • semifinals
    1. oKo Clan vs Team Pride (Thursday 19 of January of 2023 20:00 CET)
      • status: "confirmed" (apparently, correct me if I'm wrong), at the wait for oKo choices on the next days (let's say the Tuesday/Wednesday at most or something like that) not the next weeks/months (i.e. not the Monday 16 of January of 2023 19:59:59 CET).
    2. Diamond Clan vs Team Community (Tuesday 17 of January of 2023 20:30 CET)
      • status: diamond confirmed and requested it to start a bit earlier (let's say 20:30 although 21:00 could work out anyways) then at the wait for community to confirm such date and for diamond to finally block one of community choices (phantq3dm1_rev, bal3dm3, hub3tourney1) and to chose between q3dm7 or overkill for the tie-breaker within the next days (same as above).
  • third place final
    • semifinal b loser vs semifinal a loser (Friday 27 of January of 2023 21:00 CET)
  • Grand Final
    • semifinal a winner vs semifinal b winner (Sunday 29 of January of 2023 21:00 CET)
map pool tie-breakers teams rosters
  • Diamond Clan: miro, olc, kf, viper, frag_masin, holysquid
ok and I guess that's it by now, as usual, if anything just let me know.
fau
User lv4
User lv4

Post by fau »

17th is ok, but we really don't want to play earlier than 21. kf agreed to 21 in conversation with me, let's wait for confirmation here (and map drops)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

no problem, miro had requested me to start some time earlier if possible but that if not it was also fine so then I'll note that for the Tuesday 17 of January of 2023 21:00 CET just at the wait now of diamond final blocks on the next days to PM you that here as usual. other than that the days keep passing and despite have agreed the fight more than a week ago I still haven't heard anything about what oKo wants to play against pride on their semi final so I guess I'll give it some more 72 hours or something like that (Wednesday approx) and if not by then I'll just have to pick that myself.