myztro.Raisy on UnFreeze

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.
i_cezar
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Blaze

myztro.Raisy on UnFreeze

Post by i_cezar »

Hello!

A memorable moment happened last evening on the UnFreeze server which is worth mentioning: none other than the last 3 QuakeCon editions(2020, 2021, 2022) QC duel finalist and regarded by many as the best QC player currently in the pro scene, myztro's Raisy did us the pleasure of playing a game of freezetag with us on the main UnFreeze server. Map was dm14 around 22:00 CET. This game was streamed live on his twitch channel to 300+ viewers.

How this happened?
He was doing a personal challenge in Quake 3 Arena single player: complete all maps on nightmare difficulty by getting the "Perfect"(no deaths) medal. He ussually streams only QC. I watched it. Fus1on and Cliff and guys were joking in discord how it would be to see him on the server :lol:
At the end of the stream I try it and gave him the server IP address and proposed to him to connect and play a game (i said i will make a donation to his channel :? ). So after some trouble with the menu he got in :shock: :mrgreen:
"Are these actual players or it's like fake players?"
Other pro player SiB answered in the chat "looks fake" and "bots that have a ping" :lolno: , but he realised it was not the case.

you can rewatch the whole thing from @02:51:00 (video will be deleted by twitch after 1 or 2 week).
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: myztro.Raisy on UnFreeze

Post by adminless »

yeah main event indeed gg :thumbsup: and btw on a side comment about the doors topic, I don't really get what everyone is exactly complaining about there, that game played beautiful with a lot of exciting uninterrupted exchanges at the door corridor which was exactly the intention with the door behavior change. that definitively looked like a more fluent and improved game play to me. anyways posted screenshots from the game stats now as history and let's see if I capture that vid later on before it goes down as archive too.
Attachments
Screenshot from 2022-11-16 14-47-51.png
Screenshot from 2022-11-16 14-48-50.png
Screenshot from 2022-11-16 14-49-04.png
Screenshot from 2022-11-16 14-50-59.png
i_cezar
User lv4
User lv4

Post by i_cezar »

I tried to get only the last part of the vid which is of interest using the tool at untwitch.com but the file size is too much.

I didn't express my take on the door topic or complain anywhere, I just voted on that thread's poll. And i will leave a comment there, just saying pros/cons about it imo. And voting. Then it's your call.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

hey no need to worries the door message wasn't addressed to you, it was just a public commentary (for everyone). ok, as said when I have time I'll try to give it a try with the server.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

there you go, gg :D

i_cezar
User lv4
User lv4

Post by i_cezar »

yes, that was it. Cool!
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: cTh

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

no truelightning, no RJ scripts and original characters, respect.
Camaradas Iks De
uZu
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: uZu

Post by uZu »

oKo*CTHULHU wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:32 no truelightning, no RJ scripts and original characters, respect.
so basically, no config tuning ;)
but it's nice to saw that, good car blaze!
WhoAmI
User lv4
User lv4

Post by WhoAmI »

I don't think Raisy has ever played Quake 3. Am I wrong?
i_cezar
User lv4
User lv4

Post by i_cezar »

I'm not sure tbh. I know he played QL, but didnt see him in tournaments.
kf
Unleveled User

Post by kf »

i liked his comment about lg :D
skilled players like he is doesnt care about such config commands, they only need to have similiar sens and fov. i remember when we first time played with neok [unmatched] he just downloaded cpma and had no cfg at all, the only things he was changing was sens and fov, more isnt needed. he also said that he even did not change the controls :D just main things for movement like jumping and walking. and he did like most damage while having a 60 percent rail at railposition at dm6 (tdm). if you just got it than you dont care about commands like you saw here
but its cool that you got him to server and finally fragged him my friend :D
Prepare for fake .WTF!
redrum
User lv4
User lv4

Post by redrum »

Raisy vs Miroslav duel?