UnFreeZe 2022 fall competition

UnFreeZe Tournament Fall 22 History - Team Pride Champions

what set of tie-breakers do you prefer for the finals?

Poll ended at Fri Jan 06, 2023 21:54

the classic complete historic one (6++ , q3dm7 , overkill , hub3tourney1 , pro-q3tourney2 , pro-q3dm13 , q3dm14 , reqdm5 , q3dm8)
11%
the regular season restricted one (6++ , reqdm5 , q3dm7 , pro-nodm9 , overkill , storm3tourney1 , q3dm8 , pro-q3tourney2 , bal3dm3)
89%

Total votes: 9

adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

UnFreeZe 2022 fall competition

Post by adminless »

ok, enough said as slipped recently and as expected by this season of the year I start now this thread with the intention to see if there's really some interest in the community for another kind of UnFreeZe tournament/competition and if then something unfolds out of this or not. as said already, if people are on the same page and want to have a good time enjoying the game and sharing good moments with the rest of the community, awesome that's what we're here for. if on the other hand people find that this is just not for them and/or what they believe this should be, no big deal, no need to start any more drama/shit, cool as well, it just won't happen. it's not like it necessarily has to, not trying to force anything. so with that said, I believe that some starting points to develop further on this discussion could be as follows to get started and situate the people:
  • the match format will consist of 5vsv5 team games scored at best of five played in alternative order to determine later on the competition where each team pick a different (included remixes) map from the pool posted bellow and the fifth and last map comes determined from the tie-breakers pool posted bellow (first that wasn't picked in that order)
  • the gametype and rulesets are standard competitive UnFreeZe (no timelimit 10 scorelimit) settings and the server for the matches is the fpsclassico ranked private one (public shared password 1234) with addresses ranked.fpsclasico.de:27970 or ranked.fpsclasico.eu:27970
  • during the matches nor spectators neither mid-game changes will be allowed any extra/replacement players should wait their turn elsewhere (typically at the gtv server on same IPv4's just on port 27972) and then connect during the warmup round of any map
  • to connect to a passworded server you need to enter the distributed password for each match with the \password console command and just to be safe due a client bug (not a server one) remember to enter it a second time once in-game to avoid getting kicked on game start
  • additionally it's mandatory to have pre installed at least any map that is gonna be played before the start of the match to be able to play
  • any map pick must be announced and make public at least 48 hours before the match date and teams will have the ability to blacklist one of the opponents and tie-breakers picks fail to do so will result in me picking whatever I find the most appropriate
  • needless to say that no cheating, misbehavior and/or anything else that disturbs and/or takes away from the competition is allowed and thus it will be subject to punishment to determine on a case per case basis and now more than ever it's remembered as well that this is no political/social site of any kind and so that people keep such thematic away from the game and the competition in any form, either explicit or implicit
  • the date for the matches should typically be weekday nights around 21:00 central European time for regular ones and probably weekend nights for the main event finals
  • obviously the competition format will have to be determined/discussed once everybody has signed up but as some general deadlines I believe the idea is to give this October month for the teams to assemble/prepare/sign up and if so develop this along November, December and January at most in case of necessity
  • many formats are possible from straight single elimination knockout cups to small leagues depending on the turn out
  • as usual after it some sort of community special event or team UnFreeZe mega fight is possible/intended depending on the circumstances so stay tuned as well to not miss the fun
  • if by the end of this month no agreement/competition has been reached then it just won't happen as said and something else will be tried
  • needless to say this is a teams competition so you cannot participate on this individually, those that could be interested in participate need to join any existing team or just create one if they wish to
  • obviously only teams can join this and to do so they need to be registered and listed on the appropriate thread here before the start of the event for which they just need to properly communicate all their members that are gonna participate before the start of the competition to me either privately through any means or publicly through this forum for example
  • teams must consist of at least 6 members or 8 at most and unless strongly justified force majure reasons roster changes won't be allowed once the competition started
  • to be able to sign up a team as well as to develop the competition is necessary that at least one member of the team (typically the leader/representative) have a registered account on this site
  • team Sbornaya Rossii as well as Soobshchestvo player deva will be allowed although they carry sanctions from the previous edition that can be punished to be determined (typically point deductions)
ok and I think that then that should be it to get started to talk about this so as usual those interested feel free to sign up here. now the rotation and tie-breakers for this based on popularity are as follow, just the same as the one at the end of the previous edition and what currently (and will at least as long as this lasts) runs 24/7 (at random and depending on the number of people of course) on the third UnFreeZe public server.

-map pool -tie-breakers
aimer
User lv4
User lv4

Re: UnFreeZe 2022 fall competition

Post by aimer »

Exciting, hopefully there will be many teams interested in this tournament!

Some food for thought to spice things up without making big changes: alongside the map selection for their team, each captain can blacklist a map for the other team.

This might help situations, especially later on in the tournament, where teams tend to become too comfortable playing the same map over and over (maybe exploiting a bit of camping?) and add a bit of variety in the games played. Might also be good for less experienced teams. At the very minimum, we might see a few different maps in GTV :-D

Bonus request: any chance you might replace some of the maps least played during the last tournaments (like storm3tourney1) with different ones?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yes, we'll see, as I wrote I guess I'll give it this month to see who shows up and then by the next month we'll see what can be done. well I guess that if people want given the map pool is big it can be added the ability to blacklist one map per team per game so I guess that then teams should simply chose three maps per match instead of two and wait for the opponent to remove one of those. I also updated the tie-breakers pool now to seven maps (as usual in order of selection) to account for that. additionally I think that could be as well a appropriate punishment to the Sbornaya for the previous edition not showing in case they participate, that they for example are unable to chose maps for two matches or something similar like that. as for the map pool I think all the maps on that list are top A+++ tier maps so I don't really see much need to make changes there. also think that probably various of those were introduced later on so it might be that it takes some time for some of them to be played. besides I also don't see many other options for competitive games besides those as replacements. the only option I believe it could q3dm15 that was added recently (this year) to the pub but I assume that's far from a quality competitive map.
aimer
User lv4
User lv4

Post by aimer »

Fair, however i think a map like pro-dcmap7 (https://en.ws.q3df.org/map/pro-dcmap7/) is a popular map that would be worth considering too :)

Forgot to mention it's already popular in the Glacius rotation :D
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

pro-dcmap7 was actually on early pools of previous editions however it was removed as it was never really played and even the (few) times it did it wasn't as good at least for this specific setup so I don't see it adding it again, not at least for this edition.
Liza
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Liza »

aimer wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:37 Bonus request: any chance you might replace some of the maps least played during the last tournaments (like storm3tourney1) with different ones?
For me learning a new map is smth I like the most during the tournament.
I vote for replacing some older maps with the new maps (I feel ospdm6 could be an interesting non-campy map). For group stages we could even try full randomization (especially when 80% of the teams qualify for the knock-out stage). But the maps should be known at least 3 days before for teams to have preparation.

P.S. Maps to remove: dm11 (extremely slow), dm8 (the team that wins 1st round, wins the match)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

overall I feel like things are good as they are. playing some phase at "random" doesn't seem realistic to me in the context of a organized tournament/competition. I mean, to play like that and do something else is why I also usually run some community events and games as well where things are done differently (in a more casual/fun) way than in a tournament/competition. maps like ospdm6/1 I believe they fall on that latter group, I guess I could probably set them on another potential community event (typically targeting more people than 5vs5 btw) but I don't see it doing it for the tournament. same with dm11/8, they might not be the best maps on that pool but considering they are the top plays of the pubs I think it would be poor for any non hardcore players around to now remove them, particularly considering there's actually even more custom maps (12) than standard ones on that list (8) to chose from. I think as much dm11 which never really worked that good for competitive 5vs5 at least around here could be replaced by dm15 to give it a try given that there's some interest for that but probably that should be all about that. dm8 is ok map for intermediate play.
fau
User lv4
User lv4

Post by fau »

Hey,
My team is all on board already so I've got no choice but to sign us up :)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

hehe sounds good, yes it looks like it got hot again, let's see what other teams shows up as well then and what unfolds on the next months.
orgi69
User lv3
User lv3

Post by orgi69 »

Hi!

ILM is also in :-)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok great news, good luck to both of you. as said we'll see how many teams join as the month progress and then I'll come up with some competition format and calendar appropriate for the turnout by the late of the month or so. remember that as wrote above for this edition teams will chose three maps instead of two with the ability for the opponent team to skip one of them in a effort to make it more exciting.
purejoint
User lv1
User lv1

Post by purejoint »

I'm also interested in joining the tournament. I dont have a clan though..
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

that sounds good because more clanless people also reached me that wanted to participate then I was thinking that probably it could be a good opportunity to resurrect (in other form) that team community b of the first edition and rename it now just to team forza to avoid confusion with the current well known team community. ok then I guess I'll note you there with the rest of the people that I recruited so far (or that potentially could join) and we'll see.
.WTF!P0rsche?!
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: .WTF!P0rsche?!

Post by .WTF!P0rsche?! »

where can I see the list of teams that have already registered ?
adminless wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 20:03 ok great news, good luck to both of you. as said we'll see how many teams join as the month progress and then I'll come up with some competition format and calendar appropriate for the turnout by the late of the month or so. remember that as wrote above for this edition teams will chose three maps instead of two with the ability for the opponent team to skip one of them in a effort to make it more exciting.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

so far only team community and ilm. ass said they interested and most likely will join but can't confirm so far and forza is missing at least two members and waiting final confirmations to join so far.